Pirates@home Project

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Pirates@home Project

Post by Buga1 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:20 am

Anything related to Pirates@home.

Pirates@home Homepage

Description:
Pirates@Home is an ongoing test of BOINC, the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing. Pirates@Home is currently being used to test BOINC's forum software for possible use by another project, Interactions in Understanding the Universe. At present Pirates@Home is not doing any real scientific computation, we are just having 'fun' with BOINC.

Team attach: Calm Chaos
Pirates@home - BoincStats

Project = Active | WU Availability = Sporadic | WU Time = Short

Rick

Buga1

Re: Pirates@home Project

Post by Buga1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 am

After many months Pirates is spitting out some WU's. Might want to jump in if looking to get some credits from them. Small wu's and they seem to blend well my other current running projects.

This is one of those projects you set and forget, and when you get some..>GREAT. lol Pay is low, but with their rarity.... :o)

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 am

[quote="Buga1"]After many months Pirates is spitting out some WU's. Might want to jump in if looking to get some credits from them. Small wu's and they seem to blend well my other current running projects.

This is one of those projects you set and forget, and when you get some..>GREAT. lol Pay is low, but with their rarity.... :o)

Rick[/quote]
Nice. Good to see them going back to work. I loved that project.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 am

Well they are now done with the mass amount of WU's. Was nice to see, but back to the normal here and there.

Everyone should add it in. It only gets wu's every now and again. Short wu's, max of only 4 and hour. So works well with other projects.

If I see them start up again I will post.

Rick

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Looks like Pirates has issued some wu's.

FYI. Pirates very seldom has wu's. When you do get them they are very small wu's. Like 10 seconds on my quad. And pay very little. But everybody that runs them only makes a little. This is one of those projects I add in and just let it look. Cause you never know when they might send out some. Even with the little amounts they send out our team is in 29th place overall. So even a little bit can help.

Rick

Return to “Pirates@Home”