purplemkayel
Calm Chaos Certifiable Lobbyist

Post by purplemkayel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:25 am

Howd you know! I feel kinda devastated now, lol! [smilie=drogar-cry(dbg).gif]

At least TJM did give sufficient warning. :smt001

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:06 pm

purplemkayel wrote:Lol, okay A/C and Sarge and who knows who else is keeping a better watch than me, lol.

That's cool, A/C, I had no idea our RAC was up there!

I think I'll do the unthinkable and change all my resource shares until they stop handing out work... less than a week, sniff.
Heh, we're doing good against many of the "big teams" over there. I'm thinking I should suspend some of my rosetta work and give it to Enigma and Milkyway. Besides, like I've said before, I've become skeptical lately about the benefits that would come from those "humanitarian" projects.

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:04 pm

We are doing well, I just love nice surprises!!!

I had to laugh, son put a deposit on a computer, which all going well we pick up on Thursday. His first question as we left the shop 'What programs you putting on it?' Geez, he's buying a computer and I have to put programs on it, lol. At 15 he's not quite all grown up yet :) So I told him Boinc and then maybe if you get bored, some more Boinc. He reckoned he should have his own Boinc account until he passes my credits (probably wouldn't take that long anyway)... my first reaction 'But, but, CC wouldn't get the credits!' He had no interest in joining another team anyway, lol. Oh well, he decided he didn't want to have to keep an eye on Boinc, so under my account it'll go, lol.

I don't know if I'm skeptical about the 'humanitarian' projects, I just think a change is as good as a holiday and I seem to have been enjoying lots of holidays lately :smt003

I've decided to give TJM a little 'happy move' pressie and have swapped my Enigma and Spinhenge resources, as much as it is, for the next four days. If you're feeling like a change you could join me and put some of your Rosetta share to Enigma for a few days too, if you're so inclined, etc, etc :smt003

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:51 am

purplemkayel wrote:We are doing well, I just love nice surprises!!!

I had to laugh, son put a deposit on a computer, which all going well we pick up on Thursday. His first question as we left the shop 'What programs you putting on it?' Geez, he's buying a computer and I have to put programs on it, lol. At 15 he's not quite all grown up yet :) So I told him Boinc and then maybe if you get bored, some more Boinc. He reckoned he should have his own Boinc account until he passes my credits (probably wouldn't take that long anyway)... my first reaction 'But, but, CC wouldn't get the credits!' He had no interest in joining another team anyway, lol. Oh well, he decided he didn't want to have to keep an eye on Boinc, so under my account it'll go, lol.

I don't know if I'm skeptical about the 'humanitarian' projects, I just think a change is as good as a holiday and I seem to have been enjoying lots of holidays lately :smt003

I've decided to give TJM a little 'happy move' pressie and have swapped my Enigma and Spinhenge resources, as much as it is, for the next four days. If you're feeling like a change you could join me and put some of your Rosetta share to Enigma for a few days too, if you're so inclined, etc, etc :smt003
You know he can always start up his own BOINC account then join the team...he's always welcome...even at 15 :smt001
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 am

A/C wrote:
purplemkayel wrote:Have I mentioned our ranking lately, lol. I think Sarge has been keeping a closer watch than me :smt003

Possie #33
Excellent. We're at 13 over at the Enigma team stats page. That keeps us on the first page. :smt004
But that's by RAC and not total credit.
Dark-no-no.

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 am

Dark Angel wrote:

You know he can always start up his own BOINC account then join the team...he's always welcome...even at 15 :smt001
Lol, yep, we know... he decided he didn't want to go through the bother of keeping an eye on boinc... he just wanted to pass my total credits, lol.

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:22 am

Sarge_II wrote:
A/C wrote:
purplemkayel wrote:Have I mentioned our ranking lately, lol. I think Sarge has been keeping a closer watch than me :smt003

Possie #33
Excellent. We're at 13 over at the Enigma team stats page. That keeps us on the first page. :smt004
Ahhh, but it's so coool anyway!!!

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:28 am

purplemkayel wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:

Lol, yep, we know... he decided he didn't want to go through the bother of keeping an eye on boinc... he just wanted to pass my total credits, lol.
Well...they will still be going toward the team anyway. Do let him know that he is welcome to join the forums even if he isn't on the team though. Tell him to stop by and say hello to everyone. :-)
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:30 am

Shall tell him KM, thank you!

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:32 am

purplemkayel wrote:Shall tell him KM, thank you!
He's a member of your family....you are a member of our family...that makes him a member of OUR family by default.

He is always welcome. Besides....there isn't much of anything said here that a 15 year old shouldn't be reading....lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 am

He thinks the team is funny... he thinks some would enjoy the account split so that there are 2 people playing the games under 2 accounts instead of 1, lmao. He's such a cheeky boy... I trained him well, lol.

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:54 am

Sarge_II wrote:
A/C wrote:

Possie #33
I know, we're behind in total work. But current work is how Enigma bases their team rankings on. Fine by me :smt003

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:57 am

purplemkayel wrote:
I'd like to see some cure rates :smt017

I think it's still legal if your son has it in your name because of the BOINC family law :smt002

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 am

I think the deal breaker was when I offered (threatened) to open up a Boinc account in his name as PurpleJunior
:smt046

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 am

purplemkayel wrote:I think the deal breaker was when I offered (threatened) to open up a Boinc account in his name as PurpleJunior
You should have tried "MiniPurpleMe"
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

-Gen. George S. Patton

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:50 am

Dark Angel wrote:
purplemkayel wrote:I think the deal breaker was when I offered (threatened) to open up a Boinc account in his name as PurpleJunior
:smt005 Why oh why didn't I think of that, rofl...

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:53 am

purplemkayel wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:
Or "PurpleMiniMe"

-Gen. George S. Patton

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:47 am

Dark Angel wrote:
purplemkayel wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:
Or "PurpleMiniMe"
Ohhh, yessss, 'PurpleMiniMe' rofl,..

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:30 am

LMAO. That would be funny.

Rick

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:15 am

It's not showing up at Boincstats yet, but we finished in... drum roll please ...

Position #30 in total credits!!!

That final push really paid off! Well done folks :smt038

No more work from Enigma@home until further notice...

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Post by danielmid » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:34 am

I've got quite a few here to finish up myself. Apparently one of my machines went download crazy and got a whole bunch before they stopped issuing them.
ImageImage

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 am

I have about 30 left, most of them on son's computer, so they should finish overnight. I was tempted over the last few days to increase my cache, but I'm glad I didn't... I'm already impatient for them to finish, lol :smt026

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 am

Okay, it was kindly pointed out to me (ty, Sarge) that we have actually managed to slide into...

Position #29 in total credits
We managed over 22,000 credits in the last week!!! :smt038

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Wed May 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Well so much for Enigma@home. According to statements made by the administrator that are posted in this thread, it'll be October before he starts working on the project again. And that's not even certain. Then he says there might be additional delays because he might have some short vacations during that time.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed May 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Ever since this started, or close to it, my stats have been taking a nose dive. I doubt it, but maybe there's a connection? Can someone look at my stats? http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_user_ ... 8c487b59c5. See if you can figure out what is going on. All this time, my Enigma RAC has shown as 437.26 on the BOINC Manager and clearly that is not counted by BOINCStats anymore.
Dark-no-no.

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm

According to what I see in the team statistics there, your Enigma RAC is frozen at 437. Mine is at 195.

The combined BOINC 60 day RAC chart shows a steady increase in your RAC from March.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm

A/C wrote:According to what I see in the team statistics there, your Enigma RAC is frozen at 437. Mine is at 195.

The combined BOINC 60 day RAC chart shows a steady increase in your RAC from March.
Depends on which "curve" you follow. Their's (in red) has shown much less fluctuation, dropping slowly until about a month ago and now generally rising, but still slowly. Overall, over 2 months, by their BS computations, my RAC's been about the same.

This is what I am looking at more:

I had broken the 20000 barrier around Thanksgiving or Christmas. (19847 at 2007-12-20) Now, every few days, I am dropping by another hundred or so. It's so bad I am around 21,600 now.
Dark-no-no.

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Sarge, I could be wrong, but the statistics shown in that chart are dependent on varying factors, like increasing and decreasing work done by many other computers throughout many BOINC projects.

I usually don't pay attention to those. The stats I follow most of the time are the stats showing the RAC I have in the projects I'm running and the team's project stats.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm

A/C wrote:Sarge, I could be wrong, but the statistics shown in that chart are dependent on varying factors, like increasing and decreasing work done by many other computers throughout many BOINC projects.

I usually don't pay attention to those. The stats I follow most of the time are the stats showing the RAC I have in the projects I'm running and the team's project stats.
It begs the question: why with this very new computer (received from work in late August or early September) I saw a nice jump for the first 3-4 months and now people are whooping my butt left and right.
Dark-no-no.

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Wed May 14, 2008 11:45 pm

The chart is for Boinc combined. So thats total credit for all projects you have done and therefore a position based on that against everyone else total Boinc combined credit.

A couple of reasons you may be losing positions:

1. 1st of April, new opp apps at Seti that can give a massive reduction in crunch times (up to 50%?) for Windows based boxes (mainly those using SSSE3 or SSSE4.1 such as C2D/Q and the latest AMD).

2. People buying new crunch rigs. There is some evidence (not scientifically based though) that several in the US are using the economy stimulus package thing to buy new machine or update. I think the 'packages' are going out and being spent now (so they will get a boost from new resources and will pass you).

3. Credit chasers moving around to better paying projects to boost their scores. MilkyWay seems to have gotten a recent boost in crunchers.

There could be many other reasons as well. Including that one of the projects you crunch for isn't properly updating is XML for BoincStats and so your credit isn't going through.

And please don't take this post as insulting your intelligence. I'm sure you know most of this already. Just offering ideas as to what could be happening.

Finally, another reason that this could be happening is because BoincStats is stuffed up for your ID?
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed May 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Gavin Shaw wrote:1. 1st of April, new opp apps at Seti that can give a massive reduction in crunch times (up to 50%?) for Windows based boxes (mainly those using SSSE3 or SSSE4.1 such as C2D/Q and the latest AMD).
I hadn't crunched for them from November until just recently, after the mod rotation and a little news about NTPCKR. I'm not sure if I will continue long.
3. Credit chasers moving around to better paying projects to boost their scores. MilkyWay seems to have gotten a recent boost in crunchers.
I've been crunching a lot for Milkyway for a few weeks now, though they have a 20 WUs per day limit, so I do not see how that could be that much help to the credit chasers.
Finally, another reason that this could be happening is because BoincStats is stuffed up for your ID?
Stuffed up? Making mistakes? Do you think I should compare it against other stats sites?
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 am

Sarge_II wrote:I've been crunching a lot for Milkyway for a few weeks now, though they have a 20 WUs per day limit, so I do not see how that could be that much help to the credit chasers.
MW has a 20 WU/host limit at any one time, not per day.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Thu May 15, 2008 12:46 am

Labbie wrote:
Sarge_II wrote:I've been crunching a lot for Milkyway for a few weeks now, though they have a 20 WUs per day limit, so I do not see how that could be that much help to the credit chasers.
MW has a 20 WU/host limit at any one time, not per day.
Don't get all technical on me, Mr. Smarty Pants! :P :)
(900th post!)
Dark-no-no.

Red Atomic
Lord of the Avatar

Post by Red Atomic » Thu May 15, 2008 1:30 am

900 Posts, wow, you like to talk :smt002 :smt003 :smt023
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/redatomic/ClownCC2.gif[/img]

Return to “Enigma@Home”