New Recruitment Campaign

A place for new members.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

New Recruitment Campaign

Post by Labbie » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:12 am

I've started a new Team Recruitment Campaign. Feel free to copy and use it on any project, just don't forget to change the URL for the team page on each project.
Don't Fear The Reaper, Join Calm Chaos

I've already posted it on MW, SETI, and Pirates. Einstein was down when I tried.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

ramchaza
Cool Member

Post by ramchaza » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 am

I think we should have a new members challenge!!!
Live On, Marines!

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 am

ramchaza wrote:I think we should have a new members challenge!!!
Whats your idea on that Ram? Give us some thoughts.

Rick

ramchaza
Cool Member

Post by ramchaza » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 am

Ideas on how to get people to sign up for our team? I use two methods - nagging works well, and also it works well when I tell people if the signal is found on your computer YOU GET THE CREDIT FOR FIRST CONTACT (Vulcans no doubt!!!!) My sister is joining because she thought that was cool & my bestest girlfriend, also, and my son joined up to shut me up!

Maybe someone would donate prizes? I have TONS of movies I'd be glad to donate as prizes, also I'd donate books. And hey! I LOVE CERTIFICATES! (you can tell my life sucks, can't you!!!)

I don't think most people do this because of the technical stuff, which I really don't understand. It's the spaceiness, the Carl Saganess, the unknown that makes it so fascinating. The 2 people (don't count my son he's a brat) I got to download hadn't even heard of it! They LOVED the idea, however farfetched, that their name could go down in history as a first contact computer person!

I don't know how you recruited before, I joined this team because I liked the name, of all reasons!
Live On, Marines!

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 am

Nice thoughts.

I do my share of hounding. LOL. I didnt give my kids a choice. Im like "Im building you a computer, you will run this". LMAO Well that will be harder once they move out though. Chatted about it to family before. They think im just crazy. And that fits too. So I just bring it up from time to time. One day they might. LOL

I have talked with KM about giving away stuff. We just never fully worked anything through. We need to though. Maybe we can do some more chatting on that when KM gets back. Id like to have something made for the team. Little nothingness's, but I think they would be neat. Key chains, Pens, Pencils, etc. We can actually get a descent price on bulk items like that. Maybe we could do something like that when we get team funds from other sources other than donations. You have thoughts on how we would give away stuff? Just drawings for everyone on the team? Have a sign-up for anybody that would like to be included? We do have many members that have never made it to our site. Raffles?

Well we never really made super efforts to recruit. Like you the name drew me in at first. I started reading the recruitment threads and chatting with the few members that there was at the time. Then a few weeks later I joined this great team. We might not bring in the numbers the large teams do. But what we lack in quantity we far make up in QUALITY. We will actually be in the top 100 teams overall by the end of next month. If not a lot sooner. LOL A nice Milestone for sure. Even if we didn't pick up any more members, the stats show we would probably still make a top 50, at least, over time.

Keep the thoughts coming.

Rick

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 am

Well my sig says we are at 103. So we are not far from the top 100 at all...

Maybe if I switched from Rosetta to MW?
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:03 pm

I have always believed that the " no pressure " approach to team recruiting was the best way to go.

Several of the people on the team joined us simply because I ( or someone else from the team ) would let them know about us, and then sit back and let them make their own decision.

I have found that, by not pressuring people to join us, we have always gathered a very high quality of person on the team.

The main problem I have with ' recruiting ' ( and this is just my take on it ) is that, unless we are very careful about who we recruit, we could wind up with people who really don't fit the Calm Chaos idea. What I mean by that is, we have over 100 members at this point. Many don't come to the site, but many do. Yet, even with all those people, we have very few conflicts here. That is what makes us very different from 99.9% of the other forums found out on the Web.

Now. That being said.

I am not against people recruiting members for the team. By all means, the more the merrier.

@ Buga

I am back now so I can get caught up and start working on some fresh ideas for the team. :smt023
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 am

Now where is Dune it's about time he changes teams...LMAO
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:43 am

Dark Angel wrote:Now where is Dune it's about time he changes teams...LMAO
He's still afraid of Keith....lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dune Finkleberry
Special Envoy To Goat Community

Post by Dune Finkleberry » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm waiting for KM to offer money. :smt003

Then anything could happen. :smt005

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Dune Finkleberry wrote:

I thought he had already offered you Monopoly money? You never said it had to be useful money... :smt003
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Dune Finkleberry wrote:

I'll chip in a bright shiney quarter. :smt023
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Dune Finkleberry wrote:

Oh geeze. Now the goat is trying to extort money...lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained