Holla

A place for new members.

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Holla

Post by DarkWaterSong » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 am

Where to start...I am a female geek that does tech support for a living. Ever gotten a form from the IRS? It was printed on my company's software....I know because I spend 4 hours on the phone with them last Friday! I work for Elixir Technologies (www dot elixir dot com).

I role play (table top with real people and dice), spend to much time playing Mass Effect (and Bioware games in general) + Fallout 3 (and I even dusted off 1 & 2 before diving in!), I read mangia, sci-fi, fantasy and biographies + I watch anime, Babylon 5 (Crusade is one of my favorite canceled series), House, CSI and a lot of documentaries + I cross stitch.

I also am slowly working my way to a computer science BS...and I living in California. Now tired of typing....so sayōnara from this Geek.

P.S. Last week I decided (mostly because NewEgg had free shipping) to put my PC in a new case. Now I started building computers in 1998, so no buggy. Except my dying graphics card died and I could not find drivers to work with my wireless card. So a little bit later I spend way to much at Frys (Geforce 9800 GTX+ & a BlueRay drive) and had a working PC again. So yes, I also build and break PCs.
Last edited by DarkWaterSong on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 am

Ahhh....there we go.

Welcome, officially, to Calm Chaos. :smt023
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:40 am

I know the annoyance of bots, so no worries. Now working in FireFox again (I love IE Tabs!!!) and I can post. Just that issue with adding images I PMed you.

Oh, and BOINCstats is acting retarded again (I changed my email and have to wait 12 hours), so no sig yet.... But I have been around for a while, and have racked up quite a bit of work over the years.

And when the link ban is lifted, I can post a link of my new case...oh the sexy beast.... :smt003

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:49 am

DarkWaterSong wrote:I know the annoyance of bots, so no worries. Now working in FireFox again (I love IE Tabs!!!) and I can post. Just that issue with adding images I PMed you.

Oh, and BOINCstats is acting retarded again (I changed my email and have to wait 12 hours), so no sig yet.... But I have been around for a while, and have racked up quite a bit of work over the years.

And when the link ban is lifted, I can post a link of my new case...oh the sexy beast.... :smt003
Definitely. I think the image problem is one of the anti bot measures as well. So I am pretty sure you will be able to post the images and links within the next day or so.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:27 am

she's perfect... can we keep her?

welcome aboard.

and here's a link to just the place to show off that rig!

http://calmchaosonline.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=691
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:28 am

Seeing if my sig works...

It does...but it is missing:
Last edited by DarkWaterSong on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 am

Sounds a bit like me.

I am currently playing Mass Effect on the XBox 360. Racing through the trenches on Illos to get to the conduit.

Have also played some of Fallout 3.

I don't mind D&D either. Haven't played that since high school.

I also read SciFi and I though Babylon 5 was a good series too. So was StarGate (and Lin enjoyed it too).

And then Lin bought me Halo Wars for the 14th of March (White Valentines, where the girl gives the guy a gift)...

So I'm happy...
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 am

I'm on about my 4th play through of Mass Effect, fun stuff. I have it for the PC. Yay for better MAKO controls!!!

I haven't played it in about a year, but I decided to see what it looked like on max settings with the new graphics card. Big mistake....I am addicted again!

Oh..*looks down at the StarGate Role Playing Books*...and I ran a StarGate table top game for about 2 years. I have also been a player in a Word of Darkness one for about 3 years, and a Star Wars D6 game for 10.

Next...
Ever read The Passing of The Techno-Mages series by Jeanne Cavelos? If not, those and the Mass effect novels are amazing! I am comparing them too Peter David's and Alan Dean Foster's work when I say that!

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:43 am

Mako handles fine on the 360. Never tried on PC so couldn't compare. I like how it bounces over just about any terrain. This is my first play through.
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Red Atomic
Lord of the Avatar

Post by Red Atomic » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:57 am

Welcome DarkWaterSong, you sound like you will fit in extremely well here. Welcome aboard.
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/redatomic/ClownCC2.gif[/img]

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 am

You use WASD to move, and mouse to aim the gun. It has about a 90 deg fire arch up and down....from what I understand that is what is missing on the 360.

Oh and I love zooming in and sniping stuff!!!

P.S. Thanks all for the warm welcome....just please don't light me on fire!

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:36 am

DarkWaterSong wrote:You use WASD to move, and mouse to aim the gun. It has about a 90 deg fire arch up and down....from what I understand that is what is missing on the 360.

Oh and I love zooming in and sniping stuff!!!

P.S. Thanks all for the warm welcome....just please don't light me on fire!
Stay away from Red's BBQ then...and welcome aboard
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

debs3759
Collected Member

Post by debs3759 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Welcome to the party [smilie=gve.gif]

Hope BOINCstats gets all your projects linked together soon :)
Primary cruncher:

ASUS P5Q-Pro
E6750 (2 * 2.67GHz o/c to 3.52GHz)
4GB PC2-6400
1TB SATA

ImageImageImage

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:45 am

Looks like they have settled down now DWS. Will get everything updated. :smt023

Rick

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:03 am

Yep, BIONICstats is working again. I understand the power it takes to post those stats every 24 hours, but it still doesn't stop me from wishing for updates every 6 hours or so.

Oh, and I got a new PC at work. The old one (gotta love Dells) had one fan. That is 1 fan for the processor, the power supply and the video card....and why that POS has a high powered Radon in it I will never know. Anyway, I was forced to run BIONic only when nobody was around, because when the fan when to high is sounded like a freight train.

The new PC is a pentum dual core, and is happily crunching 24/7!

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 pm

bonic
Dark-no-no.

DarkWaterSong
Collected Member

Post by DarkWaterSong » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:20 am

What, now I have to have BOINC Manager open to spell it? [smilie=ali.gif]

benlin910
Calm Member

Re: Holla

Post by benlin910 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 am

My name's Ben! I like chilling out, chatting and having fun! I can't wait to make new friends! I hope everyone will treat me nicely.

Dune Finkleberry
Special Envoy To Goat Community

Re: Holla

Post by Dune Finkleberry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:31 pm

benlin910 wrote:My name's Ben! I like chilling out, chatting and having fun! I can't wait to make new friends! I hope everyone will treat me nicely.
No problems here Ben! Image These guys are alright in my book! :smt023

Return to “New Members Q&A”