Leaving the Party

For the politically correct and incorrect
MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Leaving the Party

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 pm

I’ve thought long and plenty in making this decision. In the end though, I have to do what I feel I need to. Now, more than likely the people I know won’t give a hoot either way. However, I’m certain there will be critics. There will also be a few who will ‘read between the lines’. Even though there’s no need to do this; that’s just how they are. Of course I’m certain there’s going to be a few ‘at a girl’s’ and others saying ‘it’s about fracking time’.

When I turned 18 and registered to vote I went with what felt right for me. Today’s no different. Back then I registered as a Republican, that’s what my adopted Dad was. And it was the political aspect of life I spent my youth in. So, at 18 it seemed academic that this was the choice to make.

These days however, as I become more aware of the chaos in the world, I find that I can’t continue. Each day, each event I learn about, I grow increasingly more disappointed with the Republican Party. I can’t do this anymore. I am so disgusted with the behavior and actions in Washington. I can’t give my ‘political loyalty’ to a party filled with members who insist on acting like children.

Yes, there are a few exceptions. The problem is there are not enough of them. This passed election saw a new crop of representatives come in. They promised they were going to make a difference, to bring the changes that were promised. Instead they seemed to have back peddled and it’s business as usual. In other words, they don’t have the power to bring about those promises they made.

Thankfully there is something, no matter how small it may seem that I can do. I may be only 1 voter in the nation but I know I’m not alone. I’m not the first person to make this decision and I won’t be the last.

I’m sure you can already garner what I’m saying- so I’ll just come out and say it:

I’ve decided to leave the Republican Party and go Independent.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

sdl735
Collected Member

Re: Leaving the Party

Post by sdl735 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:51 pm

MzSnowleopard wrote:...

I’ve decided to leave the Republican Party and go Independent.
Welcome :smt041

Any day above ground is a good day

Skype S.Leonard63

Return to “Political Chaos”