A Decade Of Utter Chaos

General Usage.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

A Decade Of Utter Chaos

Post by Knightmare » Tue May 17, 2016 4:26 am

You read it correctly.

On May 15th 2016, the Calm Chaos Distributed Computing Team marked its TEN YEAR anniversary.

What started as a random suggestion by a friend on the SETI@home forums has managed to stick around for an entire decade.

We had planned on some special graphics and other goodies for the team to celebrate the occasion, but due to real life intervening as it is so prone to do, Buga has been otherwise occupied.

Rest assured, though, that at the earliest opportunity, there will be some things done to mark our tenth year.

My thanks to every one who has ever been a part of the team.

Special thanks go to those who have been here pretty much since the very beginning.

And my undying gratitude goes to Buga, especially. Without him working his butt off to get Calm Chaos a website up and running, I'm not entirely sure the team would have lasted as long as it has.

Pretty damn good work for someone who asked me back in August of 2006 if it would be okay with me if he "farted around" with designing a website for us.

As always, I want to thank everyone who has seen fit to join up with this motley assortment of individuals known as Calm Chaos.

Here's to ten more years.

Knightmare
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

MAGPIE
Cool Member

Re: A Decade Of Utter Chaos

Post by MAGPIE » Tue May 17, 2016 4:27 am

Slow Clap

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:29 am

Happy Anniversary Team!!!!! Smile

I just wanted to give a brief update. Last year, during the WOW Event from SETI.Germany, I was invited to assist Team Raccoon Lovers. I decided to leave my SETI Account linked to them; but, also decided a couple days ago to make the Project Switch from SETI to Einstein.

Many factors have contributed to my wanting switch Projects to Einstein. The first was the end of V7 SETI work; V8 has had some issues, and David Anderson's "CreditNew" program is a COMPLETE DISASTER!!! Since the release of V8 work, CreditNew has been proven faulty as EVERYONE's RAC continues to PLUMMET... NITPICKER, (Sp.), still is NOT being implemented; so, work is NOT being "checked" for "WOW"-Signals, yet... So, while it saddens me to do so, I have moved my two crunchers to Einstein.

Crunching Einstein on my two systems, I'm still with Calm Chaos there. I will ALWAYS be part of this Team. Perhaps, once "CreditNew" is dealt with accordingly, one day I'll return to SETI crunching. For now, I'm taking a much needed break. I've given over 10 years to SETI, time to give Einstein some time! Smile

Here's to Calm Chaos!!!! CHEERS!!!!! :smt003

TL

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm

need a 'like' button lol

This is awesome, 10 years and still going strong.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Return to “General Chaos Chat”