Cool Member

Re: General Ongoing Chat.

Post by KB7RZF » Sat May 01, 2010 6:22 am

Welcome back ZC!

Brian
Chaotic Member

Post by Brian » Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 am

Well, after 1 month with the little tykes I can say I made it.. Barely.. geez, what is the evolutionary thinking that kids need to be fed every 2 to 3 hours.. makes no sense to me. Also, no matter how many showers I take, or cologne I wear, I still smell like formula and diapers.. Sorry, its been 5 weeks since I have actually slept a straight 8 hours.. Now its just a series of naps.. man, am I bitchy today, my apologies peeps. :smt119
"When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football."

sdl735
Collected Member

Post by sdl735 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Hey Brian
Congratz on making it 1 month , things will get better soon .

lack of sleep is a precurrsor to bitchy so .........

I guess your still normal. Enjoy the little ones

Any day above ground is a good day

Skype S.Leonard63

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat May 15, 2010 1:32 am

Brian wrote:Well, after 1 month with the little tykes I can say I made it.. Barely.. geez, what is the evolutionary thinking that kids need to be fed every 2 to 3 hours.. makes no sense to me. Also, no matter how many showers I take, or cologne I wear, I still smell like formula and diapers.. Sorry, its been 5 weeks since I have actually slept a straight 8 hours.. Now its just a series of naps.. man, am I bitchy today, my apologies peeps. :smt119
No worries, Brian.

If ya can't come here to rant a bit...where else COULD ya go?? lol

Besides. I think a great many of us here can definitely relate.

Well done making it through the first month. :smt023
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sat May 15, 2010 4:29 am

congrats Brian... from what I hear by others- it will be worth it.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:59 am

No posts for over 3 months. Must be the summer.

:smt039

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 am

among other things :smt002
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:27 am

Sorry all. Real life has jumped up in a BIG way for me over the last couple of months. I will try my best to get back to being here on a more regular basis.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 am

MzSnowleopard wrote:among other things :smt002
Yeah me too.

@ KM. Understood. Just checking the pulse around here.

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:19 pm

y'all are just too quiet.. must be off reading those Stephanie Meyer novels with her shimmering sparkly vampires.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Dune Finkleberry
Special Envoy To Goat Community

Post by Dune Finkleberry » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm getting ready for vacation on Lake Eire for a week! Here's some pics from last year. Image

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 am

oooh pretty
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Dune Finkleberry
Special Envoy To Goat Community

Post by Dune Finkleberry » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:34 pm

MzSnowleopard wrote:oooh pretty
What girl can resist those waves? Image

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 am

yes it's pretty, the image reminds me of Indian Rocks Beach... it's about halfway between St Pete and Clearwater Beaches on the Gulf coast of Florida. This is the beach I grew up going to.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 am

I picked up a 4 gig flash drive today - This thing fit all of my files except the videos. And there's room to spare. I don't think that I'll be needing to buy bundles of CDs anymore.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 pm

OK Guys and Gals.

Sorry for the slight disappearance again. Got busy in life. Then it didn't help with KM having his issues. lol

But things are slowly settling down, and will start having more time to get some things back up to speed here. I made daily visits, but just to make sure the site was up and running. Checked emails, but never had anything so didn't really do much. For that I am sorry.

But I am ready to get this team kicking again. Who's with me?

Rick

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Buga,

We need a 100 million cobble award as there are a few who have reached that. And you may want to think about what will come after that (250M, 500M, 750M etc).
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Will do Gavin. I have a good 6 of them Ive been playing with, but never settled on one.

I dont know what should be next. But I like your tought of 250 mill, then 500 mill, After that though maybe just settle for a 1 billion. ?

But I will get them worked out in the next few days.

Rick

sdl735
Collected Member

Post by sdl735 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 am

Buga1 wrote:Will do Gavin. I have a good 6 of them Ive been playing with, but never settled on one.

I dont know what should be next. But I like your tought of 250 mill, then 500 mill, After that though maybe just settle for a 1 billion. ?

But I will get them worked out in the next few days.

Rick

Then I can Rule the World ?

Any day above ground is a good day

Skype S.Leonard63

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:52 am

Okay, I think I have updated the Boinc awards for our members. But there are some who are listed over at BoincStats but don't have a matching name here.

If you are a member of Calm Chaos and use a different member name here at the forums to what is used in Boinc let me know (give me you CC name and Boinc name) so I can match you up and award medals.

Buga, still waiting for the 100 million award to be added as there are 3 team members who have reached that level.
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

Image Image

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 am

Yeah yeah..... lol Well its only Sam, Labbie and Me. Labbie dowsn't come anymore, I don't want it (but someone unfortunately add it :o( ....) But I do feel a little more obligated to do it for Sam. :o)

I had added an area to the profile area for people to add there Boinc Name if Different than the CC name. Asks during signup. If its working right though. I dont know. lol

Things will start moving along better here soon. Trying to spend a little time getting stuff done everyday. The new award though, I'm just not happy with yet.

Rick

purplemkayel
Calm Chaos Certifiable Lobbyist

Post by purplemkayel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm well on my way of reaching my newly created goal before new year... getting rid of those irritating flashing red thingies on the board index that keep reminding me how many posts I haven't read :smt011

I wanna run boinc :smt089 I suppose I could check occassionally if the office computer is still up (I don't actually work there anymore), but I can go in and turn the old comp on. I'm not game to run boinc on my laptop anymore. After the hard drive was replaced the screen went. Now having to use a separate screen :smt042 My tech guy sighs and shakes his head everytime I want something fixed *blush* I won't push things by putting the extra stress on it.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:58 am

purplemkayel wrote:I'm well on my way of reaching my newly created goal before new year... getting rid of those irritating flashing red thingies on the board index that keep reminding me how many posts I haven't read :smt011

I wanna run boinc :smt089 I suppose I could check occassionally if the office computer is still up (I don't actually work there anymore), but I can go in and turn the old comp on. I'm not game to run boinc on my laptop anymore. After the hard drive was replaced the screen went. Now having to use a separate screen :smt042 My tech guy sighs and shakes his head everytime I want something fixed *blush* I won't push things by putting the extra stress on it.
LMAO. Yeah they can get a little out of hand when missing a few days.

Well crunching or not, it's just good to have you back.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Huh. So it would seem that suddenly....a neighbor got internet with a router and now Rachael's computer picks up a Wi Fi signal...lol

Won't be using it a whole lot...what with it being illegal and all...but I can check in a bit more often now. LOL

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Knightmare wrote:Huh. So it would seem that suddenly....a neighbor got internet with a router and now Rachael's computer picks up a Wi Fi signal...lol

Won't be using it a whole lot...what with it being illegal and all...but I can check in a bit more often now. LOL
Like the neighbours are going to do anything to the Reaper using their Internet. Lol...

Image Image

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Knightmare wrote:Huh. So it would seem that suddenly....a neighbor got internet with a router and now Rachael's computer picks up a Wi Fi signal...lol

That is if they even care- i know a few people who will give their wifi password to some people
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:33 am

Well it has snowed its butt off. Im sure I will be stuck at home tom.

Right now internet and phone are off on on. Luckily so far we haven't lost power.

So I will hopefully send out the newsletter tomm. I have tried 2 times tonight and when starting to send them net goes out. I will be lucky to paste this into the CC boards when it happens to come back on. LOL. Atleast I guess BOINC is able to get what it needs during the onages. :o)

Be safe if your having a blizzard. :o)

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 pm

The USA has snow, Australia has rain.

Back in Jan most of the state of Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and a small part of Tasmania flooded. Even the city of Brisbane flooded despite Wivenhoe Dam's best efforts. At the peak of rain and flood waters the dam hit 197% (and at one stage filling at the rate of 5% an hour) capacity with the water level being only about 30cm below the fuse plugs on the emergency spillway.

Now we have had a cyclone hit North Queensland with another hitting in about the same area tonight. The second is massive (the main cell is 500km in diameter with a trailing cell dragging the length out to 2000km) category 5 and will potentially be the worst in Australian history. It may drop up to 1000mm (1 metre) of rain in some areas.

Image Image

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 am

I saw a couple of brief reports on the news here showing some of the damage Yazi caused. I had heard that cyclones were usually stronger than our average hurricane...but Yazi was packing winds around 190mph. That's just nuts. And the sheer size of it boggles the mind. here's hoping our friends Down Under remain safe and on solid ground.

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 am

So far only one death has been confirmed. One guy missing has turned up after sailing his boat back in.

Cairns and Townsville avoided the worst of it, but a couple of smaller towns were hit hard. Going to take several years to clean up and rebuild.

Image Image

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

So far so good then. As good as can be under the circumstances.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:42 pm

You really have to search the net to find out much about it here it seems. Im not a total news watcher (tv or newspaper), but I do have it on at times and never seen a thing about it. Only on the net.

Did they give it the fear factor? Here they were all to consumed about the Snow storm which was somewhat big, but turned into a wuss after the hype. "Hundreds to thousands could be without power." "You will be stuck at home for days." It had alot of people freaking out. It had alot to it, but in the end. I could have left the house the next day. Now it did take a good 6 hours of shoveling to get to that point, and lost internet and home phone off and on, but nothing like the local news went on and on about.

I can see though your alls situation should be more worrying, just wondered if they gave it a fear factor like they seem to do with EVERYTHING here anymore.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:09 pm

" OH MY GAWWWWD!!! THOUSANDS WILL FREEZE TO DEATH! STORES WILL RUN OUT OF EVERYTHING! IT'S SNOWMAGEDDON!!! THE WORLD AS YOU KNOW IT IS GONNA ENNNNNND!!!! " Is that what you are referring to, Rick? LOL

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:35 am

When the floods hit, parts of Queensland and even the Brisbane suburbs were cutoff for several days by floodwater. Brisbane city was pretty much shutdown and everyone told to go home and stay at home (if safe to do so) and not travel anywhere until the floodwater went down. Also some places got hit by flash flooding where a storm just formed and dumped enough rain so quickly that cars were being washed away. There has been no official death count from the floods but the rumors are it is around 40 - 50 with several people still missing who may never be found.

I should put some of the photos up I took of the area where I live. When the water came up my building was fine but the suburb was pretty much cutoff from the surrounding suburbs.

Image Image

Return to “General Chaos Chat”