Music Chat

Music Chat W/ Knightmare.
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Sarge_II wrote:
Knightmare wrote:
Sarge_II wrote:Actually, they probably got more respect than deserved, considering Pearcy.
I agree. Pearcy was absolutely terrible.
I wasn't going quite that far. I think, for his style, he had his moments. But, listening to most of the live stuff from the past 2 years that's getting posted on youtube, he does usually sound terrible and it makes me wonder about how he ever managed to sound decent back then.
Ummm....he didn't. Most of the concertgoers were too drunk to care....lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Knightmare wrote:
Sarge_II wrote:
Knightmare wrote:
I agree. Pearcy was absolutely terrible.
I wasn't going quite that far. I think, for his style, he had his moments. But, listening to most of the live stuff from the past 2 years that's getting posted on youtube, he does usually sound terrible and it makes me wonder about how he ever managed to sound decent back then.
Ummm....he didn't. Most of the concertgoers were too drunk to care....lol
Again, for the kind of voice/style he has, he sounds decent here:
[youtube][/youtube]

I only saw them once, at a little club in Cols., OH towards the end of summer '98. It wasn't great, but not absolutely terrible, either.
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

Here's one I'll bet you haven't heard yet - a 62 year-old Italian Monk Metalhead!!!

He Ain't Heavy, Italy's Metal Brother
MILAN (Reuters) - Dressed in his traditional brown robe, sandals and twirling the rope around his waist, 62-year old Friar Cesare Bonizzi is no ordinary heavy metal rocker.

But as guitarists around him grind out heavy notes, the long-white-bearded Capuchin, a former missionary in Ivory Coast, has no qualms bobbing his head and shouting lyrics about alcohol, sex, tobacco and life in general into his microphone.
Link to Full Story

Link to YouTube search: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f , but they mostly seem to be news videos. And YouTube is so slow, for me anyway, right now I got frustrated in looking for a true music video. If you find one, post it.

But you can see a bit of Friar Cesare Bonizzi in action here (another news story, but does have him "singing").
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:02 am

Labbie wrote:Here's one I'll bet you haven't heard yet - a 62 year-old Italian Monk Metalhead!!!

He Ain't Heavy, Italy's Metal Brother
MILAN (Reuters) - Dressed in his traditional brown robe, sandals and twirling the rope around his waist, 62-year old Friar Cesare Bonizzi is no ordinary heavy metal rocker.

But as guitarists around him grind out heavy notes, the long-white-bearded Capuchin, a former missionary in Ivory Coast, has no qualms bobbing his head and shouting lyrics about alcohol, sex, tobacco and life in general into his microphone.
Link to Full Story

Link to YouTube search: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f , but they mostly seem to be news videos. And YouTube is so slow, for me anyway, right now I got frustrated in looking for a true music video. If you find one, post it.

But you can see a bit of Friar Cesare Bonizzi in action here (another news story, but does have him "singing").
Now there's one you don't see every day...gives new meaning to Gregorian Chant...
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:17 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark-no-no.

xx_exit13_xx
Collected Member

Post by xx_exit13_xx » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Sup everyone?Been away a while but i got some free time so i thought id just come down and say Hello to all my CC buddies..

:smt023
"Reverend,reverend
Is this a conspiracy?
Crucified for no sins
No revenge beneath me"

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Howdy Exit. Good to see ya man. Sarge sent me a link to some your stuff. Love it.

You have a wonderful day.

Rick

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Buga1 wrote:Howdy Exit. Good to see ya man. Sarge sent me a link to some your stuff. Love it.

You have a wonderful day.

Rick
LOL. I already told him during an instant messenger chat yesterday. :)
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Wow. Foreigner was just on the NBC Today show.
Now, don't think that I've thought Foreigner is a great band.
But they only have 1 or 2 of the original band.
For me, it was cool to see the following guys on a widely-viewed show:

Vocals - Kelly Hansen (formerly of Hurricane)
Bass - Jeff Pilson (formerly of Dokken)

I know Jason Bonham, drummer (son of John "Bonzo" Bonham, drummer for Led Zeppelin), has been in the band, but I could not tell for sure if he was with them in this TV appearance.
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:05 am

Demo of "The Marble Thinker" posted. Click here.
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:06 am

Sarge_II wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Adding &fmt=18 at the end of a youtube url let's you hear the song in stereo!

On Conflict (possibly a little less painful in stereo):
[youtube][/youtube]

Meta-For, You (re-mixed, best song and best video)
[youtube][/youtube]

Crush Me, Lift Yourself (original version - no video for new take yet)
[youtube][/youtube]
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 am

OK, that didn't work when embedded here. Maybe if the link is clicked?

[EDIT: Even then, you have to manually append &fmt=18 to the end of the url.]
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 am

[youtube][/youtube]
(Pre-demo demo.)
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:02 am

P.S. - KM, most of the Ra stuff was excellent. Did you know the bassist was in Trixter?
Dark-no-no.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 am

Sarge_II wrote:P.S. - KM, most of the Ra stuff was excellent. Did you know the bassist was in Trixter?
Actually....yeah...

Funny thing about that is...

They had a different bassist the first couple of times we saw them. Then the thrid ( ?? ) time....my brother sees them hit the stage and he says " Holy S*IT!!!! That's P.J. Farley from Trixter!!! "

I have NO idea how he managed to recognize him....lmao

I kinda figured you would like that band. They'll have anew album out on the 22nd.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dune Finkleberry
Special Envoy To Goat Community

Post by Dune Finkleberry » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:22 am

Most of you guys probably don't know anything about Alex Harvey. But it's about time you did.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Framed Live 1974. The man is a genius. Take the time to watch the expressions on his face. He died much too young.

[youtube][/youtube]

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:46 am

At 6 minutes, we get a lesson on how to achieve either a Bon Scott or Udo Dirkschneider voice! :)
Dark-no-no.

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 pm

Knightmare wrote:
Sarge_II wrote:P.S. - KM, most of the Ra stuff was excellent. Did you know the bassist was in Trixter?
Actually....yeah...

Funny thing about that is...

They had a different bassist the first couple of times we saw them. Then the thrid ( ?? ) time....my brother sees them hit the stage and he says " Holy S*IT!!!! That's P.J. Farley from Trixter!!! "

I have NO idea how he managed to recognize him....lmao

I kinda figured you would like that band. They'll have anew album out on the 22nd.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=11309695
Ra BLACK SUN OUT TODAY IN STORES EVERYWHERE!!! OUT ON ITUNES NOW!!
Dark-no-no.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 am

Ra's new album hit stores on the 22nd. I went and picked it up on Thursday.

Here is the video for the first single from the album Black Sun.

from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Dark-no-no.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:06 am

Cool deal. Good to see Exit is still working away. :-)
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:31 am

No video yet, but check out "Forever Is Short" at http://www.myspace.com/daexpression ... I guarantee none of my/our other stuff sounds like this.
If I gets deleted before you can hear it, I will e-mail it you.
(Gavin, can you or Lin translate the Chinese symbol in the pic next to it?)
Dark-no-no.

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:56 am

Sarge I had a look but couldn't find any Chinese symbol / character. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Gavin Shaw wrote:Sarge I had a look but couldn't find any Chinese symbol / character. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
When the song plays, if the musician/band includes a pic, the pic shows up in the upper left corner of the player. But, it doesn't always show up immediately upon upload. I just checked and I guess it isn't showing up yet. :)
Dark-no-no.

xx_exit13_xx
Collected Member

Post by xx_exit13_xx » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Sup everyone,just want ya'll to know that i'm still around..just been keeping busy with a variety of things..Hope everyone is in the best of health
"Reverend,reverend
Is this a conspiracy?
Crucified for no sins
No revenge beneath me"

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:22 pm

xx_exit13_xx wrote:Sup everyone,just want ya'll to know that i'm still around..just been keeping busy with a variety of things..Hope everyone is in the best of health
What were you doing today, young man?!
Dark-no-no.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 am

SongFacts.com - Song Meanings, Lyrics and Trivia.

Don't Fear The Reaper
Blue Oyster Cult's first hit, this was written by lead guitarist Donald Roeser, also known as Buck Dharma. He contributed his vocals to this track and also wrote their other Top 40 hit, "Burnin' For You."

This was rumored to be about suicide, but it actually deals with the inevitability of death and the belief that we should not fear it. When Dharma wrote it, he was thinking about what would happen if he died at a young age and if he would be reunited with loved ones in the afterlife. Dharma explained in a 1995 interview with College Music Journal: "I felt that I had just achieved some kind of resonance with the psychology of people when I came up with that, I was actually kind of appalled when I first realized that some people were seeing it as an advertisement for suicide or something that was not my intention at all. It is, like, not to be afraid of it (as opposed to actively bring it about). It's basically a love song where the love transcends the actual physical existence of the partners."

Because of the dark nature of this song, some people thought Blue Oyster Cult were a satanic band. Some even turned out to protest their concerts. (thanks, Mike - Mountlake Terrace, WA)

Some of the lyrics were inspired by Shakespeare's Romeo And Juliet. In Shakespeare's play, Romeo swallows poison when he believes Juliet is dead. Juliet responds by taking her own life. This led many people to believe the song was about suicide, but Dharma was using Romeo and Juliet as an example of a couple who had faith that they would be together after their death.

For the lines that begin, "40,000 men and women," Dharma was guessing at the number of people who died every day.

The album features vocals and songwriting from Patti Smith. She was keyboardist Allen Lanier's girlfriend at the time and had also contributed to one of BOC's previous albums, Secret Treaties.

A Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken made fun of the extremely loud cowbell in this song. In the skit, the band would get upset when Will Ferrell would play the bell too loud, but Walken kept calling for "More Cowbell."

Another version of this was recorded for their 1988 album, Cult Classics.

This has been used in several horror movies, including Halloween, The Frighteners and Scream. It was also used in a very non-horror capacity in the party scene of the Disney movie Miracle, which is about the US Hockey team beating the USSR at the 1980 Olympic Games. (thanks, Jerry - Boston, MA)

This wasn't released as a single in the UK until 1978, where it became their only hit in England.

Stephen King quoted the lyrics to this song in his novel The Stand, in which 99.9% of the US population is killed by a manmade disease called "Superflu." It is also used in King's miniseries of the same name during a montage showing the corpses of those who had been killed by the disease. King often quotes songs in the beginning of his books. (thanks, Eric - Suffern, NY)
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 am

xx_exit13_xx wrote:Sup everyone,just want ya'll to know that i'm still around..just been keeping busy with a variety of things..Hope everyone is in the best of health
Hey Exit...BTW killer guitar that I saw you playing on youtube...really cool...hope to see more of that.
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

-Gen. George S. Patton

FearandLoathing
Cool Member

Post by FearandLoathing » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Bands: Nine Inch Nails, Sex Pistols, NOFX, Green Day (First two albums), Bad Religion, Rammstein...just for starters.

Guitar: Trent Reznor, Johnny Ramone, Richard Kruspe, Brian "Head" Welch, Dave Mustaine (one member of Metallica that was worthwhile), Angus Young.

Bass: Trent Reznor, James "Munky" Shaffer, David Ellefson, Oliver "Ollie" Riedel

Vocalists: Billy Idol, Till Lindemann, Billy Corgan, Kurt Cobain, and of course Trent Reznor (by far greatest songwriter of my time as well).

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:15 pm

A great cover by one of my favorite bands...enjoy

Lacuna Coil

[youtube][/youtube]

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:51 pm

Wow. It's been a while since I have heard anything from Lacuna Coil.

Very cool :smt023
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 am

Knightmare wrote:Wow. It's been a while since I have heard anything from Lacuna Coil.

Very cool :smt023
Ya they just released a live album but I wouldn't waste my money on it...really bad production quality for the recording. I'd rather pay the money to see them live...or get the DVD from the same performance which I hear the sound quality is really great on...guess the sound guy was asleep at the board.

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:44 am

Sweet.

I'll have to find it.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:46 am

Knightmare wrote:Sweet.

I'll have to find it.
DVD=good
CD=crap

Lacuna Coil still kicks A**

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 am

Dark Angel wrote:
Knightmare wrote:Sweet.

I'll have to find it.
DVD=good
CD=crap

Lacuna Coil still kicks A**