G 'N R newest release

Music Chat W/ Knightmare.
nevermore
Cool Member

G 'N R newest release

Post by nevermore » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:42 am

Has anyone here listened to the "Chinese Democracy" release and what do you think of the "new" G 'N R?

Personally, I think it's mostly crap.

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Re: G 'N R newest release

Post by Dark Angel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:33 am

nevermore wrote:Has anyone here listened to the "Chinese Democracy" release and what do you think of the "new" G 'N R?

Personally, I think it's mostly crap.
It's alright...I liked the "Chinese Democracy" single but that was all I really cared for.
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:39 am

I've heard 4 songs.
Jury's still out.
Dark-no-no.

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:43 am

haven't heard anything about it. I didn't even know they were releasing a new album.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Sarge_II
Chaotic Member

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:47 am

Dark-no-no.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:59 am

Crap. Plain, simple, Crap.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

nevermore
Cool Member

Post by nevermore » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:48 pm

I know most band's music progress and evolve, it's a given. Perhaps it is a mindset for me, stuck in the past and all that, but G 'N R IMO w/o Slash and perhaps Izzy and Duff is not G 'N R but 'some other band with Axl singing'. One of the things that I found awesome with the old G 'N R was the interplay of guitars, particularly on "Appetite". Especially if one kicked back and listened through headphones, you can differentiate between the two guitars, alot of times they weren't playing together note for note, but harmonising their individual chords together. It worked for them very well.

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:54 am

nevermore wrote:I know most band's music progress and evolve, it's a given. Perhaps it is a mindset for me, stuck in the past and all that, but G 'N R IMO w/o Slash and perhaps Izzy and Duff is not G 'N R but 'some other band with Axl singing'. One of the things that I found awesome with the old G 'N R was the interplay of guitars, particularly on "Appetite". Especially if one kicked back and listened through headphones, you can differentiate between the two guitars, alot of times they weren't playing together note for note, but harmonising their individual chords together. It worked for them very well.
Well said it's another band with Axl singing...
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

AC
Compulsive Member

Post by AC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 am

Haven't listened to it. Since nevermore and KM think it's crap i'll say it's crap and not bother with the new gnr. Not that i can't think for myself, but they're probly familiar enough with the old and good gnr to compare. :smt012

Return to “Knightmare's Music Room”