Religion thread

Did God create man, or man create God?

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 1:02 am

susan wrote:OOOOhhhhh don't you worry Sarge, it's Susan alright. And we don't want no logic on 'ere do we. As for conflict well, I am not too good at starting wars deliberately, but I sure am good at starting wars non-deliberately, without me knowing it, that is. :smt011
Sorry, but logic is just a big part of my life and my work. :) But, I try not to overwhelm the pretty ladies with it! ;)
Image
Dark-no-no.

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Mon May 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Actually, logic is a very useful thing. So I was only joking. :smt002

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 4:44 pm

susan wrote:Actually, logic is a very useful thing. So I was only joking. :smt002
Logic is sexy.
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Thorin
Calm Chaos German Ambassador
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Thorin » Mon May 28, 2007 6:39 pm

What is Logic?
The traditional logic has vanished since Schroedinger's cat.
That a thing can only be EITHER true OR false , is no longer valid... :smt009
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/redatomic/Calm%20Chaos/b.png[/img] [url=http://tinyurl.com/3ynguo][img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/eighthdwarf2006/logo35.jpg[/img][/url]

[color=red]Party problems? Look for [url=http://www.alice-project.com/]Alice[/url]![/color]

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 6:41 pm

Thorin wrote:What is Logic?
The traditional logic has vanished since Schroedinger's cat.
That a thing can only be EITHER true OR false , is no longer valid... :smt009
No, you're mistaking logic for reality.
Logic has no problem accepting both Euclidean and Hyperbolic geometries.
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Mon May 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Logic is fine. As long as it doesn't turn you into someone completely illogical like some folks I know.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 7:51 pm

Knightmare wrote:Logic is fine. As long as it doesn't turn you into someone completely illogical like some folks I know.
We don't know anybody like that! :smt001
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Mon May 28, 2007 8:52 pm

YOU may not. I definitely DO....lmao
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Knightmare wrote:YOU may not. I definitely DO....lmao
But even if either of us does, we do not know this person's name, or even initials!
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Oh, we know his initials....lmao
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Mon May 28, 2007 11:17 pm

Knightmare wrote:Oh, we know his initials....lmao
Is Calm Chaos open to ppl with initials? :)
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Thorin
Calm Chaos German Ambassador
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Thorin » Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 pm

Sure - especially when their initial is a number LOL
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/redatomic/Calm%20Chaos/b.png[/img] [url=http://tinyurl.com/3ynguo][img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/eighthdwarf2006/logo35.jpg[/img][/url]

[color=red]Party problems? Look for [url=http://www.alice-project.com/]Alice[/url]![/color]

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Tue May 29, 2007 3:14 am

Sarge_II wrote:
Knightmare wrote:Oh, we know his initials....lmao
Is Calm Chaos open to ppl with initials? :)
Why wouldn't it be??

Have you known me to refuse a member yet??
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Tue May 29, 2007 5:30 pm

Knightmare wrote:
Sarge_II wrote:
Knightmare wrote:Oh, we know his initials....lmao
Is Calm Chaos open to ppl with initials? :)
Why wouldn't it be??

Have you known me to refuse a member yet??
Bring in more female members, or even users of the forum, and maybe I'll rejoin the team. But this time, I'll use my initials. LOL!
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Tue May 29, 2007 5:57 pm

People who join..join. I can't control wether they are men/women/aliens.

I have put out the invitation to join the forums many many times. Wether or not people take me up on the invitation is up to them.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Tue May 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Knightmare wrote:People who join..join. I can't control wether they are men/women/aliens.

I have put out the invitation to join the forums many many times. Wether or not people take me up on the invitation is up to them.
Blah! Now is the time for force! World domination. Show TFFE and BS they're not the only world dominators. :)
Image
Dark-no-no.

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 pm

You think more people should join? Women, men, aliens?
But be careful what you wish for.

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Wed May 30, 2007 1:40 am

susan wrote:You think more people should join? Women, men, aliens?
But be careful what you wish for.
Women, women, WOMEN! :)
Image
Dark-no-no.

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 am

Sarge_II wrote:
Knightmare wrote:People who join..join. I can't control wether they are men/women/aliens.

I have put out the invitation to join the forums many many times. Wether or not people take me up on the invitation is up to them.
Blah! Now is the time for force! World domination. Show TFFE and BS they're not the only world dominators. :)
We have a LONG way to go to have World Domination....lol

Besides....it's SetiUSA that seems to have a really big problem with us....lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Wed May 30, 2007 4:11 am

susan wrote:You think more people should join? Women, men, aliens?
But be careful what you wish for.
We can always use more members. Wether they stick around or not is another thing...lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Be very careful what you wish for.

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:55 pm

susan wrote:Be very careful what you wish for.
Susan? You're starting to scare me, with all this cryptic talk.
Image
Dark-no-no.

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Then let's just call it Tales From the CRYPT. :smt003

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:13 pm

susan wrote:Then let's just call it Tales From the CRYPT. :smt003
Can we not call it that but say that we did?
Image
Dark-no-no.

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:37 pm

Er Um, whatever you say Sarge. Haven't posted for a week or so as I've just come back today from a holiday in the French Alps. :smt001

User avatar
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 4933
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:27 am
Contact:

Post by Knightmare » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:05 am

Glad to see you back and safe, Susan. :smt023
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Image
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Image

User avatar
Sarge_II
Chaotic Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:31 am

Post by Sarge_II » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:42 am

Knightmare wrote:Glad to see you back and safe, Susan. :smt023
I'm glad she's not yet calling it Tales from the Crypt. ;)
Image
Dark-no-no.

susan
Chaotic Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by susan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:54 am

Knightmare wrote:Glad to see you back and safe, Susan. :smt023
Thanks Knightmare. It was a very rough journey. As well as security procedures and people pushing in front, we experienced pretty bad turbulence on the plane which really shook me up even though it didn't last very long. Then as we were coming into Luton the pilot aborted his landing at the last minute, and we ended up going around again. For some reason he didn't think it safe to land.
When we did get down, we spent half an hour looking for our car in the long-term car park. We found it in the end.
The journey home was incredibly stressful - and that wasn't all that happened. Anyway we still enjoyed our holiday, it's just getting from A to B that's the problem. :smt004

snowtiggerress
Cool Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:53 am
Location: on the toy shelf

Religious Thread

Post by snowtiggerress » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:24 pm

y'all pardon my ignorance on the subject ............ i dont even know what a agnostic is and have a very limited understanding on atheism , but i find these discussions very interesting .

User avatar
MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder
Posts: 3045
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:48 am
Location: Outta My Frakkin Mind
Contact:

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:48 pm

Agnostic: One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

ie - prove it to me that He exists.


Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

ie - no matter what anyone says- God does NOT exist.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog
Image

snowtiggerress
Cool Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:53 am
Location: on the toy shelf

Religious Discussion

Post by snowtiggerress » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:03 pm

thank you for clarifying Snow :smt001

User avatar
MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder
Posts: 3045
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:48 am
Location: Outta My Frakkin Mind
Contact:

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:11 pm

no problem-

I once dated an agnostic - his mother was an atheist-

what I never understood is why his parents sent him to a parocial school - religious school-

according to him- that's what made him agnostic
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog
Image

User avatar
Enigma
Keeper of the Calm
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:27 am
Location: OZ!

Post by Enigma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:07 am

European human rights body fights creationism
By Tom Heneghan, Reuters

PARIS - Europe's main human-rights body will vote on a proposal next week to defend the teaching of evolution and to keep creationist and "intelligent design" out of science class in state schools in its 47 member countries.

The unusual move shows that a U.S. trend for religiously based attacks on the theory of evolution is also worrying European politicians, who now see such arguments put forward in their countries by Christian and Islamic groups.

A report for the Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly says the campaign against evolution has its roots "in forms of religious extremism" and is a dangerous attack on scientific knowledge.
Belief gets in the way of learning.

[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/enigmachaos/calmbnecromonger.png[/img]

User avatar
MrGray
Cool Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by MrGray » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:49 am

ZEITGEIST

1 hour 56 minutes

User avatar
Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: California, USA

Post by Dark Angel » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:45 pm

MrGray wrote:ZEITGEIST

1 hour 56 minutes
Truly interesting stuff...nice to see you back MrG!
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Post Reply

Return to “Religous Discussion”