Spore

For all gaming platforms. Chat about systems, games, etc.
Sparrow
Cool Member

Spore

Post by Sparrow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:25 pm

Spore is a soon-to-be-released Massive Single-Player On-line (MSO) "game" in which you create creatures, help them evolve and build civilizations, and head into space and conquer the universe. The game itself won't be out until September, but a free download trial of the "Creature Creator" was released a few days ago.

Here's the link: http://www.spore.com/

I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I haven't been this excited about much of anything in quite a while!
I downloaded yesterday, and built seven or eight little candidates for the galactic throne.

:smt023

The game people have supposedly simulated 4 billion planets in their computers, and over 300,000 user-created creatures have been uploaded so for for sharing. This is gonna be fun!
"Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living...that's something else!" (Han Solo)

"If you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice!" (Edgar Frog in "Lost Boys")

markelvis
Calm Member

Re: Spore

Post by markelvis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 pm

In biology, a spore is a reproductive structure that is adapted for dispersal and surviving for extended periods of time in unfavorable conditions. Spores form part of the life cycles of many bacteria, plants, algae, fungi and some protozoans. Spores are usually haploid and unicellular and are produced by meiosis in the sporangium by the sporophyte. Under high magnification, spores can be categorized as either monolete spores or trilete spores.
I am probly a horrible spammer

rickydom
Calm Member

Post by rickydom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Spore is a soon-to-be-released Massive Single-Player On-line (MSO) "game" in which you create creatures, help them evolve and build civilizations, and head into space and conquer the universe. The game itself won't be out until September, but a free download trial of the "Creature Creator" was released a few days ago.

purplemkayel
Calm Chaos Certifiable Lobbyist

Post by purplemkayel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 am

markelvis wrote:In biology, a spore is a reproductive structure that is adapted for dispersal and surviving for extended periods of time in unfavorable conditions. Spores form part of the life cycles of many bacteria, plants, algae, fungi and some protozoans. Spores are usually haploid and unicellular and are produced by meiosis in the sporangium by the sporophyte. Under high magnification, spores can be categorized as either monolete spores or trilete spores.
:smt103 I think the only thing I'll remember from this is that... spores, umm, exist. Oh and there are people who will take the time to know them better. Have I mentioned lately one of the things I love about this forum is you can never be certain just what you might find? Guess I haven't been around enough to mention much of anything lately :smt026

/me moves on to the next unread thread

Return to “General Gaming Chat”