GT3

For all gaming platforms. Chat about systems, games, etc.
Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Sony Gaming - PS2, PS3, or PSP

Post by Buga1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:12 pm

Chat about Sony gaming.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

GT3

Post by Knightmare » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:19 am

No posts for PS2????

No topics???

Lame. LOL

I have a PS2 and I love the racing games.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:19 am

Thats all I have too. I like the sports game the most. Then racing. I got Gran Turismo 4 and most of the Nascars from the last 4 years. Burnout Revenge is pretty good. I like the Crash games in there. Just can't play that unless I'm not going to be driving (real car) right afterwards. LOL Never did care for the Need for Speed series though. Most people I know love it. Its better with standard controller. But I use steering wheel most the time.

Rick

Buga1

Madden 07

Post by Buga1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:20 am

Anybody play football? Wondering what your thoughts are on this game. For me it just seems for the most part same ol same ol'. And the 20 year carrer stuff. I can never get through it without simming, before the new one comes out. Drives me nuts. It has a few new things that improved but not all that much. But I think alot of devlopers are not putting much into PS2 games anymore.

With all the new systems coming out. (PS3,360,etc.) Haven't had any type x-box yet. Just can't bring myself to give Microsofty more money. About that way with sony now too. I'd rather see just a gaming system. Not a mix of stuff. Movies, games, music players. I guess i'm getting older. As kids probly like it more. lol Have never played anything other than games in it anyway. Maybe I should get my old 8-bit nintendo and play some Black Bass. LOL These new "Gaming Systems" are costing more than my 2 month old computer. (2.8 dualcore, 19"ditgital flatscreen, 1gb ram). And I only play one game on it. C&C

Sorry starting to rant there. LOL better stop now.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 am

No worries man. That's one of the reasons this thread is here...lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 am

I just finished with Burnout:Revenge.

I like most of the NFS games.

It's GT4 that I have and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the next gen machine and GT5.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dances with Werewolves
Chaotic Member

PS3 News

Post by Dances with Werewolves » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/04/ea-p ... t-numbers/

EA predicts Sony will miss PS3 year-end shipment numbers

Posted Nov 4th 2006 3:55PM by Paul Miller
Filed under: Gaming

If you haven't managed to procure a good, solid pre-order yet from a credible retailer, you just might want to take a good hard look at those unboxing pics we shared last night, 'cause it could very well be as close as you're getting to a PlayStation 3 in 2006. See, despite Sony's repeated reductions to the launch quantity predictions, EA thinks they're still "exaggerating" a bit, and we might actually end up with around 500,000 to 800,000 units by year's end in North America -- as opposed to the 1-1.2 million currently being predicted by Sony. Sure, we would figure Sony would know its own numbers better than anyone else, but it also has the greatest motive to "exaggerate," and we're sure EA has plenty of insider info of its own. For our part, we're relatively certain Sony will have 14-17 of these things ready by November 17th. Maybe.
[url=http://allprojectstats.com/showteam.php?id=125048][img]http://allprojectstats.com/ts125048a0a.png[/img][/url][url=http://allprojectstats.com/showuser.php?id=122105][img]http://allprojectstats.com/s122105a0a.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.unitedboinc.com][img]http://www.unitedboinc.com/news-sig/Black-1-14noqs-4g4s8w.png[/img][/url]

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:35 am

Have you noticed that Sony almost ALWAYS misses their numbers?? The same thing happened when the PS2 came out.

We'll see how long it takes to see 1000 dollar PS3's on Ebay. :-)
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:51 am

I seen a few on there a couple weeks ago. Pre-selling. didnt look to far into it but the ones I seen were like 900.00 - 1100.00. They got pulled though. LOL

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:02 pm

They are just gonna get higher. I would be willing to bet that some fool will bid one up to over 1500 bucks before all is said and done. Prolly even more.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:52 am

Crazy. :smt040 . Would never spend that much on almost anything. lol. Maybe when there 200.00 I might jump aboard. I just stick with my fully modded out PS2. Should do me for a few more years.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Need For Speed - Carbon

Post by Knightmare » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:04 pm

I just got the new NFS game a couple of days ago.

I have to say that, hands down, this is by far the best of the NFS games.

It's very well done. The gameplay is excellent and the controls are even better than usual.

They have taken elements of NFS - Hot Pursuit...NFS - Underground...and added a tiny touch of GTA - San Andreas.

You must win races to unlock upgrades for your car.
There is a " heat " monitor for each zone in the game that tells you how heavy the police presence is in that zone.
The police will actually chase you in the middle of a race.
You must also win races to take over territory. Other " crews " will try to take over territory that you have conquered by challenging you to races.

The cut scenes use actual actors and are filmed rather than being computer graphics.

I cannot wait to see this game on the PS3.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Final Fantasy XII

Post by Knightmare » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:33 pm

The last ( probably ) Final Fantasy game for the PS2 is very well done.

My cousin has about 200 hours into it, and he let me borrow it for a while. I will definitely be going to buy it.

Everything on it is very well done. Even the fighting has gotten much easier to deal with.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Borgnet
Calm Member

folding@home

Post by Borgnet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:29 pm

You can now use your PS3 for the "folding@home" project. It's a program that runs when you're not using your ps3.. and with that "cell" processor ""woot!!"" number chompin!! way2go PS3!
--Don't think outside the box, think inside the sphere!--

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:40 pm

LMAO!!!

I don't have one yet. I am gonna wait till the price comes down a bit.

Besides...I am having fun beating the crap out of MLB 07 : The Show right now.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Re: folding@home

Post by Buga1 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Borgnet wrote:You can now use your PS3 for the "folding@home" project. It's a program that runs when you're not using your ps3.. and with that "cell" processor ""woot!!"" number chompin!! way2go PS3!
I like the idea of it. But wondering things myself. Can it be deleted, not installed or such? Not that I would want to but. I wouldn't want ot buy a PS3 and have it mandatory to run it.

I am starting to get tired of all this new crap that dosen't work right. And needs constant updates. I can see in 5 years buying a new car that you have to take back to the dealer for an update. LOL Just hate it. If your going to make something. Make it right the first time before selling it. Maybe Im just getting to old.

Rick

Borgnet
Calm Member

I think so

Post by Borgnet » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:08 pm

You install it like any other program.. I doubt it needs updates that often.. but i'm sure there'll be some to boost it's performance and make it more efficient. My brother owns the PS3 and isn't quite willing to try it out so i'm not too sure :-p sry! but if I find out, I'll let ya know!

(<--moved, not as active with the seti crunching :-/--)
--Don't think outside the box, think inside the sphere!--

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Bought a new PS3

Post by Knightmare » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:13 am

Well...technically...it isn't new. It's a refurbished one. Was 50 bucks cheaper.

I got MLB 07 : The Show and Motorstorm for it.

Both games are very well done on the PS3. Incredible graphics.

I have been playing baseball games for a long time and The Show is the very best of the ones that I have played. Well...except for All Star Baseball on the PS2 system.

Motorstorm is a very good game. The controls are excellent and the graphics are top notch. With the Six Axis controller....it's pretty tough to play until you get used to not mashing buttons to make the turns....lol

All in all...I am very happy with the system to this point. When the new Gran Turismo comes out ( at this rate, about 5 years from now ) I will buy it just like I have the other ones, and I am pretty positive that I won't be disappointed.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

Post by Dark Angel » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:10 am

And like I predicted we shall rarely see KM in the Flashcrash again...No wonder it's been slow lately...see told you KM.
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:02 am

men and their toys...

:smt023
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:13 am

Dark Angel wrote:And like I predicted we shall rarely see KM in the Flashcrash again...No wonder it's been slow lately...see told you KM.
Umm...I haven't been around because I am on 12 hour shifts for another week or so.

I am going to be getting a day off on Sunday...then 6 more days...Then another Sunday off....then another 5 days....and then my regular schedule will FINALLY get started.

And I HVAE been in FlashChat....but lately....whenever I get online....there isn't anyone around. :smt019
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Return to “General Gaming Chat”