Game On

For all gaming platforms. Chat about systems, games, etc.
Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

General Game Chat.

Post by Buga1 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 pm

If dosen't fit the other sections, Post it here.

Rick

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Game On

Post by MzSnowleopard » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a super hero or to fight against the darkest of evils? Perhaps you’ve dreamt of riding on the wings of a crystalline colored dragon, or boldly going where no one has gone before. Or, perhaps you dream of visions not of the future but of the past? The limit is bounded only by our imaginations.

I invite you to explore the sites and read the adventures of the worlds we have created. Our games are forum-style RPGs where members post to scenarios through the view point of their character, or several characters, if they choose. Each character is player created and evolves through the written story. Most require a minimum of 200 words per post, unless otherwise specified by the game.

Now, with that out of the way- allow me to introduce our games:

Psionics: Millennium

This is our oldest, strongest, most popular game. Very much based on the X-men concept, we’ve put our own spin on the world. In this world, Psionics face off against the prejudices of society, the Truth-Seekers who goal to under mind the status quo, and the darkest of the darkness vampires.

Set in current times, the Consortium of Psionic Research and Education is far more than well established. With houses and centers reaching to the ends of the earth, they take a firm stance against evils of the world. The struggle against the Truth-Seekers has evolved to more political and religious battles. From the ancient bloodlines of the vampires to the uncertainty of the shape shifters, the wars rage on.

Where do you take your stance? Are you an agent of the Consortium, one of its allies, or are you among the brethren of the Truth-Seekers- an ancient order determined to bring down all who are ‘gifted’? Perhaps your tale is much darker, one of the cursed, a Kindred who walks among the shadows and thirsts for blood. Or perhaps still, you are one of the children of Gaia, gifted with the ability to change form from man to beast?

Wherever you make your stance, and claim your allegiance know this, the battle lines have been drawn. In this day of the new millennium, it is a time of change, destruction, and final wars. For some, it is the time of the end.

Psionics: The Beginnings

Every story has a first page, a place where it all first began. For those of this world, the story is no different. The time is 1617; the setting is Des Versailles France. It is the birth of the Consortium, the disclosing of the Truth-Seekers, and the beginning of it all.

Absolutism becomes the law, the legendary Musketeers serve as the king's personal army, and still there are things evolving which spurn both myth and disdain. Follow the tales of a new breed of humans rising from within the French kingdom of Louis XIII. Choose a side and join the tales and become a part of history, whether it as a 'Gifted', Truth-Seeker, or even a fabled Musketeer.

The ‘gifted’ are trained in secret honing their skills to mastery levels and learning how to hide them when among the general population. As anyone who would prove different from society some are shunned, outcast, or, for those among the lucky, they must live with the shame in hiding what they are. No one is it more truly for than for those of noble birth born as the gifted are as both blessed and cursed with their abilities.

The Truth-Seekers form from secret covert activities designed to expose and judge the gifted as the evil spawns they believe them to be. Their leaders see themselves as ordained by God himself to rid the world of the cursed ones. It is their belief and their solemn vow to charge and destroy every being with a gift. Some of these warriors have even been known to kill the unborn or the innocent children. It does not matter to them how old the gifted are, or even if they’ve developed abilities. A child born of one if not two gifted parents is decreed to destruction just the same. They are ruthless, bold, and determined in their cause.

- In both of these games we use the reference / character creation templates and guide lines from White Wolf Publishing- referencing the Laws of the Night books.

The Kindred:

Whether in 1617 France or 2007 New York City- these creatures of the night are far more ruthless and destructive than any Truth-Seeker. Some are independents but the more dangerous, callous ones are those among the ‘Civilized’ ranks. Organized by clans and inner social cities, these abominations thrive unknown to the world. While their traditional foes are the Garou, they will war against the Psionics just the same. As far as all Kindred go Psionics are unpalatable and therefore they are poisonous and abominations. As one of their kind stated- “Some would say they are merely tainted and to simply avoid them. I say, if the blood of the cattle is poison then the cattle must be slaughtered before contaminating the herd.”

The Changelings:

They may be good but they may also be evil, it simply depends on which side you stand with them. Not much is known about the beings that can change form from human into animal. Most keep to themselves and their own kind, waging the wars between them and the Kindred. They are typical dismissed as myth and yet sightings are and have been recorded. Only one has actually been known to have interacted with those from the Consortium.

Eternal’s Realm:

Many great and wonderful deeds are recorded in the history of Terra. They are stories which tell of mighty power in the knowledge of science and magic. It is said that the goddess Artemis stands as guardian and protector. Her huntsmen, great and gifted humans, became bonded to the lesser beasts of the Wise Ones. In times since the great bonding, with two becoming one, man and dragon serve together to protect Terra from the Dark One’s evil.

These are the stories of an alternate Earth known by the ancient Greek name of Terra. In these adventures, Atlantis serves as the world’s Capital. It is home to the great sciences and the heart of Terra’s government and commerce.

Four other great cities serve as the Pillars of Olympus, each standing as keepers of trade. There is Mu, the city of the North, home of the great artisans and other creative likes, Shang-gri-la the city of the East, is the great city of faiths and religion.

The third and forth cities lost through time are that of the West and the South. Where one is believed to be the great city of Knowledge, the other is believed to be Dracon – the great city of Dragons.

All dragons, both good and evil share the commonality of this heritage. Legends speak of this as one of the true powers of Terra, superior only by that of Atlantis. Every dragon dreams of this city, which fades and vanishes after waking. It is believed that one day, when the dragons return to Terra, the city shall reveal itself again.

And then there is Atlantis, the great seat of power over Terra. It is here where the leaders of the pillar cities and all the nations gather in communion. It is the heart of the educational system, where prefects discuss laws and justice is dispensed, and many vast arrays of daily life take place. All of this, taking place in such a grand city, yet dwarfed by the immense mountain range that over shadows them.

For far above them, hidden by the rocky fortress of Mount Draco, lies the Citadel. This fortress is not only a castle, but contains a small village of its own. It is here where some dragons are hatched, where the ancient bloodlines of the dragon rider’s bear, raise, and train their children. They are the gifted of this world granted the powers by Gaia to serves Artemis as her warriors. Bonded to the lesser dragons for life, it is the only life they know.

The Delta Federation:

What’s a multi-group club without a star trek game? Not much.

Two Federation Starbases, Seven planets, and Borg technology, Stationed in the most unlikely region of space the Delta Quadrant the federation has established a foothold.

Its mission: to assist in developing the fledgling Delta Alliance into:

The Delta Federation of Planets

The year is 2386: The Borg has been defeated, their survivors dissimilated, and their technology is now in the hands of the Federation of Planets. By using the trans-warp conduit The Federation has established a foothold in the Delta Quadrant.

Starbase Epsilon, a Jupiter Class station, stands as the guardian of the gateway for the Federation to the Delta Quadrant. The first of many, this station orbits Epsilon Prime, the largest in a sparsely populated solar system of 7 planets.

Starbase Delta, a Hellenic Class station and the second of the mighty guardians, serves as the hub of Star Fleet defensive forces protecting the interests of the Federation.

The USS Sarken – Akira class - registry NCC 92771:

The flagship of the Delta Federation

Captained by Vanima Ailosac, an empath of Bajoran / Betazed parentage- this vessel sees more action than any other. The Federation invites you to join this crew of 500 as they explore worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and assist in the formation of The Delta Federation.

Players interested may also choose to join the crew of Starbase Epsilon and their adventures or create their own ship within the DFP.

Thank you for your time-

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
We are always looking for new ideas and adventures.

To visit our site- simply click the banner in my signature.

I must ask you though- Are you brave enough?
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 am

Looks Good MzSnoeLeopard. Hope to get some time and check it out.

Also a link to RPG is on our links page.

Rick

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:22 am

thanks-

I"m contemplating a Transformers game- but at this point- it's only in the consideration stage
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Alamogordo's Atari Landfill

Post by Labbie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:44 am

Alamogordo, New Mexico has a great history in high-tech.

It is the gateway town to White Sands Missile Range, where the first atomic bomb was exploded on July 16th, 1945, and Holloman Air Force Base, home of the F117A Stealth Fighter.

It is also the gravesite of Ham, the world's first astrochimp.

Where Colonel Robert Stapp rode a rocket sled to 632 mph and decelerated to 0 in 1.25 seconds.

And the graveyard of the worst video games in history.

Alamogordo's Atari Landfill
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Gavin Shaw
Chaotic Member

Post by Gavin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:33 am

My father owns an Atari console. It still runs (sometimes) and most controllers and games he has still work.

Never had the E.T. game. Occasionally when I was younger my brother and myself would drag the Atari out and spend a few hours playing the 'games' (if you could call them that)...

But then there are a lot of games that have sucked. And unfortunately a lot of them seem to be sci-fi type ones. The kind I like...
This signature comment has been censored by the ACMA as being politically inconvenient.

No Australian Government Internet Filter

Image Image

MzSnowleopard

General Game Chat.

Post by MzSnowleopard » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:57 am

KM and I were talking in the crash chat tonight about the content to one of the venues over at my site… Well that and the no-pressure recruitment we have. We’re talking zero pressure. Like I told him- I figure if some one is curious they’ll check out the site- if it’s something they’re interested in- they’ll join.

Over at my site- The RPG Organization- one of the gaming scenarios is based on the Transformers. It picks up a few days after where the movie leaves off.

I don’t think I’ve explained what the group is and how it works. Basically, it’s a play-by-post novel style role-play group. You don’t have to be a writer to join- anyone with an imagination can do this. All we ask is that posters remain consistent with the stories- and at least half a page in a word – processing document.

We prefer that people create their own characters- but there are some venues where we will make exceptions on cannon characters.

We have 5 venues running-

• Psionics- our spin on the X-men. There are also some beasts of the night lurking around in this venue. This is a player-created character game only.

• The Beginnings- the story of how things began with Psionics- set in 1617 France. This is a player-created character game; exceptions are made for historically accurate characters like Musketeers.

• Eternals’ Realm- our god-level game which includes mystic creatures, dragons, and dragon riders etc. It’s set in an Alternate Earth where Atlantis is the capital of the world. This game allows player created characters and beings from actual mythologies- true accuracy is not a concern because it’s an Alternate Earth.

• Delta Federation- is our star trek game- it happens in the Delta Quadrant- the Borg have been defeated and the Federation was invited in to help build The Delta version of the Federation and Starfleet. This is a player-created character game only out of respect for Gene Roddenberry and the creators of the shows. Cannon characters are allowed only in comments between characters.

• Transformers- This story picks up a few days after where the 2007 movie leaves off. The mix comes in with vehicles reminiscent of Knight Rider / Team Knight Rider. There is also our own version of FLAG. We do allow cannon characters in this one.

We have a 5 story maximum active per venue. Players are asked to start with 1 character / 1 game until they feel comfortable enough to expand. Most wait until after completing their first story thread before adding another character.

As an unwritten rule, we try to keep venues related to familiar fictions. Most everyone knows the X-Men, Musketeers, and Transformers. And who doesn’t know at least a little about the Star Trek universe? With Eternals’ realm- it’s all about the mythology.

I invite you to explore our sites and forums. Anyone is welcomed to join the fun. We even have a casual game area where anything can happen- in the White Starr Lounge. Like they say in Vegas- what happens there stays there. It’s the perfect place to give the site a test drive. :smt023

The Inidivual Gaming sites are still under construction-

you can visit the gaming forum by clicking here: http://www.therpg.org/arena/index.php

or on the list option RPG Arena under "our forums" on the index page.

Ask yourself this question: With the venues we currently have-

If I were _______________________ what would my life be like?

And I personally challenge you- do you think you can pick out my characters?

I’ll give you one- obviously- Snow Leopard but there’s more. :smt002

Click the link in my signature "The RPG Organization"

Thanks for reading- and hope to see you there.

Game On

Mz Snow
Stats / Web Site / Blog

MzSnowleopard

I was in 'da zone' and aarrrggghhh

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:47 am

this is a rant that should make you bust laughing.

I don't care what game you're into- I'm sure ya'll who game know what I mean by being 'in da zone'

I was there- I hit it... right in stride... or should that be 'write' in stride..? :: ducks as pillows fly ::

It's been weeks well okay- November comes to mind LOL-

And I finally hit the zone tonight- the words were just flowing out of me... And then what happens?

SUNSHINE!!!

That frakking cat had been quiet for almost and hour.

And just as I'm hitting the sweet spot- where everything gelled together- the pace, the story, the words, hell, even the typing was all in step with the vision in my mind- it was coming out to be a beautiful post...

Suddenly- I hear her meowing... and not just any meow...

A YEOWL!!!! A "Get me a boyfriend NOW!!!" Yeowl....

Now- I have Nieca scheduled for a check up on the first (cause of the furball)- but after this crap Sunshine just pulled-
her ass it getting fixed FIRST.
Last edited by MzSnowleopard on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Post by danielmid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 am

Hate it when that happens. I love "da-zone" because time flies when you're kicking ass.
ImageImage

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:52 am

I just posted it... here's the tempt link:

http://therpg.org/arena/viewtopic.php?p=361#361

If you'll excuse me... I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

::: sniffles ::
Stats / Web Site / Blog

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:14 am

Repeat after me, Snow.....

I love my cats....I love my cats.....I love my cats....

Trust me....I have to repeat that mantra about Mongo....and I substitute ' dog ' for ' cat ' when Jake pisses me off.....
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

purplemkayel
Calm Chaos Certifiable Lobbyist

Post by purplemkayel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 am

Yep, them girls, irritating as all else 'till they get the snip, lol.

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 am

You are talking about cats right PM? Just making sure...
ImageImage

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:24 am

purplemkayel wrote:Yep, them girls, irritating as all else 'till they get the snip, lol.
Well....that could go for.....ummmm...never mind....

* even Death has it's limits.....and knows where they are....*
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:27 am

Never fear, I went for it KM.
ImageImage

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 am

Yer a good man Daniel. It's been nice knowing you....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 am

Ahhh yes, settles the girls and stops the boys wandering, the good ol' snip works both ways...

Of course, I'm talking about cats :smt005

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:31 am

Cats and some people who need it
ImageImage

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:36 am

Hey, would I say something like that... guess we'll never know for certain, lol.

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:40 am

Its okay, all is safe here ;) ;)
ImageImage

purplemkayel

Post by purplemkayel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:10 am

lol... back to topic :smt003

Snow, I empathise... and as much as we miss little Sabrina, I for one am glad we only have male cats (all snipped, of course).

MzSnowleopard

Post by MzSnowleopard » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 am

hate to tell you this gang- but I've known a few women who were snipped.... and depending on what the good doc took-

wellll let me just say I wouldn't want to be on their bad side- in a dark alley.

Not saying all women are- my adopted mom wasn't mean and nasty. She did have everything removed at a very young age- I think she was more resenting and cold- than anything else.

But back to the post..... IT'S a HIT.... and the story goes on.

Tomorrow- I reallly have to get that Leach's post done before this mass JP finishes- because that scene happens prior to it.

Back to bed.
Stats / Web Site / Blog

kenzieB
Collected Member

Post by kenzieB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 am

Oh, I have so clicked the wrong tab (Sez the girl who she still hasn’t gotten through ‘Pandemonium’ on PS1) :smt017

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 am

Tell me about it. I have Metal Gear Solid 4 on pre order ( because my brother is a dumbass who couldn't wait one extra day before getting GTA4 ) and I have yet to make it through the first level of the FIRST Metal Gear game.

Sheesh.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

kenzieB
Collected Member

Post by kenzieB » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:07 am

Yeah, sure, I totally get that (she sez, pretending she understands a word he was talking about. . .) :smt001

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:24 am

kenzieB wrote:Yeah, sure, I totally get that (she sez, pretending she understands a word he was talking about. . .) :smt001
LMAO....now ya know how I feel around here most of the time.... :smt005
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Return to “General Gaming Chat”