World Of Warcraft

For all gaming platforms. Chat about systems, games, etc.
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Brian wrote:KM. have you gotten on WOW yet. If we get enough people we can start a Calm Chaos guild.
I am still waiting on my friend to come over and install it. We work opposite shifts, so getting a chance for him to come over when I'm not asleep is a bit of a pain.

I'm workin on it though....lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:47 pm

yeababy wrote:cool guys, ok ill move my char over to new realm hes a lvl 45 rogue just to check are you all on US version of game or other wise i hve chars on euro version that i can move lol let me know asap and ill move one lol :smt038
I know that the version I have will be a US version.

We will have to get together and decide on what server we are going to use. I may have to create a character on a couple of different servers. Bucky wants me on the one he uses so that he can send me a bunch of stuff.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

yeababy
Chaotic Member

Post by yeababy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:02 pm

no worries my rogue is on US game, so we just need to sort out server and ill move him, would suggest that if we hwve people allready using a spesific server that we use that one as it costs to move a char and the less of us we have to move the better lol

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:09 pm

yeababy wrote:no worries my rogue is on US game, so we just need to sort out server and ill move him, would suggest that if we hwve people allready using a spesific server that we use that one as it costs to move a char and the less of us we have to move the better lol
Excellent point. I wasn't aware of the charge for moving a character.

Mabe that's why Bucky wants me on the server he uses so badly....lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

yeababy
Chaotic Member

Post by yeababy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:18 pm

your char needs to be above lvl 10 before you can move him and it costs 25$ lol there is a free transfer system but i just checked and not available for my char dont know for you guys, but let me know server and ill move over

yeababy
Chaotic Member

Post by yeababy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:36 pm

would be cool to get a calm chaos guild going, as for TL no worries matey you wouldnt slow anyone down lol come on get onboard infact its better to work slower with stratergies etc the higher lvl you get its not just a case of running in and killing things, would think that a tank would be a good char for you then you dont have to worry about spells etc, why dont you check out a free 10 day trial and see what u think you got nothing to lose except maybe some hair lol

Brian
Chaotic Member

Post by Brian » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:21 am

Hi Guy's, please use the realm HYJAL. I'm a level 23 Paladin named Meglomaniac and my son is in there as a level 42 Mage named FATBOX. Either one of us can help with some of the more difficult quest to help you get moved up faster on your levels.
"When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football."

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 pm

I didn't know some of you guys were playin WoW! LOL I'm on there with my mom and step-dad. We are on the Eitrigg Server, Horde side, and on some other server, with alliance characters.

Also, been over 6 months since anyone posted here, so I thought Id try to get it going again. LOL

Jeremy

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 am

Well hello there Jeremy. God to see you again....lol

I still haven't installed WoW. My friend is still trying to talk me into it, but I want to wait until I get a graphics card for this computer.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi KM.

I don't blame ya. LOL I need to get an upgraded card for my computer, hopefully I can do it. Its a pre-built Dell, and I know they are difficult to do things with. Plus I gotta kick up the RAM in this thing. I only got 512mb, wanna kick it as high as it goes, 2Gb. I know that will help a bunch. LOL

Anyhow, catch ya later.

Jeremy
Knightmare wrote:Well hello there Jeremy. God to see you again....lol

I still haven't installed WoW. My friend is still trying to talk me into it, but I want to wait until I get a graphics card for this computer.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:19 am

Yep. Mine has only 512 megs of RAM too. I really want to give it all of the 2 gigs that it will hold, but the RAM that goes in this thing is the nice new ( expensive ) stuff.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:57 am

go to http://www.crucial.com and use their system Scanner. Crucial makes great memory and it is fairly inexpensive.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:05 am

Cool. Thanks, Labbie.

I can get a 1 gb chip for 57 bucks....or two of them ( the max it holds ) for 105 bucks. Not bad at all.

* edit * any sites like that to tell me how far I can upgrade my CPU??? lol * edit *
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:20 am

The motherboard manufacturer's website would be your best bet. But if you have a Compaq, Dell, HP, etc., you probably can't upgrade it, they lock them down pretty good.

The same goes for overclocking.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:29 am

Damn. I have a Compaq....lol

Oh well...the RAM will definitely help.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Thanks Labbie!

I can get mine upgraded for $101 bucks, thats awesome. :-)

I've gone to Dell's website, and I can upgrade my CPU, but its not worth doing it, costs to much from them. Better off getting a new computer if I want a better processor. LOL

Brian
Chaotic Member

Post by Brian » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:11 pm

Well, the only advice on WOW that I can give is that only do it if your single...... It will suck you in.. LOL
Just ask my wife. :smt003
"When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football."

MzSnowleopard
Calm Chaos Official Cat Herder

Post by MzSnowleopard » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 am

that goes for a lot of RPGs ... I've seen relationships dissolve because of the games.
He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away. - Raymond Hull
Stats / Web Site / Blog

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:36 pm

My wife lets me play, only when everything else in the house is taken care of. LOL

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:53 am

KB7RZF wrote:My wife lets me play, only when everything else in the house is taken care of. LOL
And that is why I have no wife....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Knightmare wrote:
KB7RZF wrote:My wife lets me play, only when everything else in the house is taken care of. LOL
And that is why I have no wife....lmao
LOL Suprizingly, its not that bad. LOL But she does keep me in check though. Which sometimes I do need. Other than that, I'm free to do what I like. :-)

Wyrme
Cool Member

Post by Wyrme » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:27 pm

/wyrme mumbles, "gonna wake this thread up for a bit for no good reason but that I'm between tasks and bored with work today".

The trick, folks, is to recruit others into the fold. Relationships don't need to fall apart/have issues if both are playing. Well, unless your partner's a f*ing ninja :smt002

Kind of evil . . . erm . . . okay, more like, self serving . . . but whatever enables the peace and getting to play as often as possible, eh? :smt003

In my family, three generations play -- ages 25-62.

My brother got us all started. This whole WoW frenzy frequently makes me think of an ol' Start Trek TNG episode wherein one of the crew members brings a game on board and introduces it to another person and so on and so forth and before we know it, the ship has become incapacitated 'cause everyone is playing the game.

Ironicallly, I'm the computer nerd in the family but didn't start gaming (MMORPGs) until I wandered into EQII about three years ago -- my brother has gamed for probably over a decade.

My self-serving comment aside, I have to wonder that if a relationship falls apart "due to gaming" whether the relationship would not have found another excuse to fall apart if gaming were never in the picture.

I'm not married but I'm absolutely certain that it has a lot more to do with the fact that I'm a pain in the a$$ to live with than that I game.

My mom (62) games, my dad doesn't. He's happy to see that she has something fun to enjoy and enjoys hearing about her adventures. She spends ALOT of time gaming, but also keeps the house/family together with great finesse and manages her own business. The game is her way to relax.

Anyway. This is more like random thoughts I suppose, than anything productive.

/wyrme checks the clock to see if it's time to go home and log in yet; shakes her head and gets back to work.

/wyrme thinks, "hrm . . . .maybe after a quick swing by the NASCAR thread" :smt004
Last edited by Wyrme on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am who I am and if you don't like it, then maybe you are just normal.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:21 am

Well said Wyrme!!! :smt023
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

yeababy
Chaotic Member

Post by yeababy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 am

lol yep its certainly an addictive game, i have numerous chars on more than one account :smt002, which reminds me i actually have a usa account that i havnt used for more than a year, it has a lvl 40 odd rogue so if any ones thinking of starting to play they are more than welcome to take over the account, im to busy on the euro game to even look at it.

Wyrme
Cool Member

Post by Wyrme » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:12 am

I've thought about creating a second account a few times --- might still do so. Always thought it would be fun to power level another character and goodness knows it would be nice to have a drag-along healer :)

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:53 am

Alright, any of you guys get the upgrade? I broke down, had to buy a new hard drive, so I went with a 500GB, and bought it. So far I'm enjoying it. So is my mom. LOL

Wyrme
Cool Member

Post by Wyrme » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Indeed, my daughter's got her DK up to 64 last I checked and I've been dragging my UD Lock all over Northrend.

I believe everyone that plays in the family (10 of us) had pre-ordered months ago, except my brother who is playing WarHammer right now.

Definitely a blast though I'm anxious for them to loosen up DK creation restrictions so I can create a couple more.

zerocool
Collected Member

Post by zerocool » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm

one very addictive game, just to let you know i have now got yes a palidin at level 73 and still cracking on to level 80 and hitting northend hard,house in order work ok break time wow.missus loves it, she like killing me lotts with here death knight.but allways fun for time out :smt023
[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/zerocool-/ZEROCOOLCAMP.gif[/img] [url=http://allprojectstats.com/showuser.php?id=1266255][img]http://allprojectstats.com/su1266255h27--2-0.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/zerocool-/4cu7bpx.jpg[/img]
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night. Ginsberg.

KB7RZF
Cool Member

Post by KB7RZF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:22 pm

LOL Thats awesome folks. I'm slowly making my way up, 3 little bars from 72. I only play on my days off, and thats if my wife is working. She calls this game Divorce in a Box. LOL I do zone out, and ignore everything when she is home. LOL Oh well.

I haven't made a DK yet. Gonna level my hunter to 80 first, then probably get my Blood elf Pally up to at least 70, he's only 62. Then I might make one. LOL

markelvis
Calm Member

Re: World Of Warcraft

Post by markelvis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm

World of Warcraft, often referred to as WoW, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Blizzard Entertainment, a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. World of Warcraft requires the player to pay for a subscription, either by buying prepaid game cards for a selected amount of playing time, or by using a credit or debit card to pay on a regular basis. o enter the game, the player must select a realm—sometimes referred to as a server. Each realm acts as an individual copy of the game world, and falls into one of four categories.
I am probly a horrible spammer

rickydom
Calm Member

Re: World Of Warcraft

Post by rickydom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 pm

World of Warcraft, often referred to as WoW, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by Blizzard Entertainment, a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. World of Warcraft requires the player to pay for a subscription, either by buying prepaid game cards for a selected amount of playing time, or by using a credit or debit card to pay on a regular basis.

Return to “General Gaming Chat”