NASCAR 2008

Anything related to activities for the team.
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 am

I don't know what it'll look like...but you can bet your ass it's gonna be COOL!!!
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:54 am

Labbie wrote:Image
Carroll Shelby (L) and LVMS President Chris Powell unveil the event logo Wednesday.

Shelby Automobiles to sponsor NASCAR Sprint Cup race at LVMS; Event extended by 18 laps and will be called 'Shelby 427'

I wonder what the trophy for this one will look like?
Like the pic, A large standing cobra would be kool.

Its almost over. I need 100 over Labbie in the last 2 races. @ Yahoo. Don't think that is gonna happen, I have ran out of the good ones. LOL And another for Labbie @ Fox, in my best "Force" voice, "You do not need to set drivers at Fox sports". LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:49 am

You almost got your wish Buga. I thought I had at least one race left on everyone at FoxSports, and been kind of busy this week so I hadn't looked at it until now, and almost didn't look.

I had three of the four that had expired. But not to worry, I fixed it. And I only have 1 race for 1 chaser left. And I'm not using him this week.

If you hadn't mentioned it, i might have forgotten to check it.

Thanks!!! :smt023
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:48 am

Just think Labbie. Two more weeks and then you get a 90 day break from all this information gathering...lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Knightmare wrote:Just think Labbie. Two more weeks and then you get a 90 day break from all this information gathering...lol
And you all will get a couple of month's peace not having to read my drivel. :smt023
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:24 pm

But we LIKE your drivel....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:13 am

Well, the title is not decided. Too bad, at Homestead I wanted to see Jimmie start, celebrate, then race. :smt023

Best broadcast of the year by ABC/ESPN IMO. Not much script, good camera work, maybe a little too much of the in-car shots, they talked to non-chasers, they covered non-chasers on the track. Pretty good...until they decided that America's Funniest Videos was more important for the East/Central time zone viewers and switched their feed to ESPN2. Took them back to zero in credibility.

@Buga - The stage is set at FoxSports. You beat me by a single point today. The difference is 177. The worst I can do next week is 271 (the highest of my 3 scratches). That means you need a 449 next week to win.

And at Yahoo, you need to beat me by 150 to take the overall, I need to beat you by 183 to take the segment. :smt014

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Here it is already 12:30 in the afternoon and I have done next to nothing all day. May as well stretch that a bit longer....by doing this!!! (and this post extended my run of doing nothing to beyond 1:30!! No wonder I'm hungry.)

Johnson wins in the (rainy) desert, not on full national TV, and takes a 141 point lead into Homestead. He has to finish (yawn) 36th to take the title. Glad the Chase has made the season finale exciting. :smt015 But hey, it could happen. Johnson could get taken out on the warm up laps by Gilligan, due to a BAD qualifying run. That would give Edwards an extra ~30 points to play with. Not gonna happen. If Johnson qualifies mid-pack, Knaus will have him drop to the back to avoid any problems at the start.

KuBusch finishes second and gave high praise to the #48 team. Said he was trying to get close to make Johnson "think big picture", but never could get there.

McMurray got engaged last week and finishes third, Edwards fought all day to get to fourth, and Hamlin rounds out the top 5.

One week left to do what you can on the leagues.

On ESPN, I won the week with a 725, Buga was next with a 669, and KM third with a 605. the overall is a foregone conclusion with Buga winning. He's currently got a 739 point lead. It's hard enough to get 739 point in one week, much less have Buga get goose eggs too. The race for second overall is a bit closer, but still gonna be tough for KM to make up 235 points on me in one week. The segment however, is a little closer, er...well, it's still a mathematical possibility. I lead by 250 over KM, and Buga is another 62 behind KM.

On the ESPN Pick'em game, I beat Buga 9 - 4 on the week, and lead by 24 overall. I'm in the 98.5th percentile, Buga is in the 58.3rd. To quote Stan Lee, 'Nuff said.

On CBS, I won the week with a 693, KM was second with a 670, and Buga fell apart with a 560. Buga leads KM by 278 in the segment, I'm playing for pride. Or is it revenge? The overall season win Buga locked up weeks ago, as did KM with second. As I said, I'm playing for pride. :smt023

On FoxSports, Buga beat me by a point this week. I lead Buga by 177 going in to Homestead. The worst I can score is 271, my highest scratched score, Buga needs at least 449 to beat me. And we're probably gonna finish 5th & 6th in the league too. :smt011

On the TSN main game, I won the week with a 141/712 for a 853, Buga was next with a 172/618 for a 790, and KM brings up the rear with a 140/556 for a 696. I lead overall by 1800+ over KM, Buga is 8200+ back. Thank you Buga for losing your team halfway thru the season and letting me win!!! :smt023

On the TSN Pick 3 game, Magnetic Death won the week with a 376, Buga was close behind with a 366, I stunk the place up with a 298. MD takes an 80 point lead going into the final race over me, Buga is 186 behind me. Ya know, I kinda liked MD before he started kicking my ass. :smt021

On Yahoo, Buga won the week with a 293, I was second with a 242, and Daniel third with a 209. I lead Buga by 150 for the overall. Buga leads me by 183 for the segment. It could all come down to the last race. Just like the Chase, right? :smt038 Daniel is way back. My sympathies Daniel, I had a hard time learning this game last year.

KM wins the week in the Burn the Comp game with a 1004, I was second with a 941, Buga was third with a 737. There's a possibility that Buga could beat me in the overall, if I die, go into the hospital or something keeps me from making picks this week; I take a 942 point lead into the finale. KM is mired in third, even if Buga and I don't make any picks. I fell 59 spots to 545th, Buga dropped 252 spots to 1159th, and KM moved up 32 to 1728th. Looks like that $25,000 prize package to the All Star Race is lost to us. Or any prizes for that matter. :smt011

On the WTF game, Buga beats me :smt021 and KM wins. As I said last week, I've got a lock on the win/loss category and I'm 452 points out of first in that category. Gonna be tough to get the points with Stewart just mailing in his results (and snail mail at that!!). KM is 6th in the win/loss and 5th in points. He has a chance to at least tie for 5th in the points with a win coupled with a loss by Edwards Racing next week. Buga will finish 7th in the win/loss category, but hangs onto 6th in points. Buga has a scant 4 point lead over 7th place JB Phillips in the points.

And in the 3 Wide game, I won the week with a 648, KM not too far back with a 623, and Buga posted a 0. I moved up 10 and back into the top 50 at #49, KM moved up 110 to 586, and Buga dropped 736 to 2676th. I'm 317 points out of the lead, looks like my gift certificate will be hard to get too. :smt009

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:15 am

Yeah, Dropping the race for AFV was stupid. I have ESPN2 so I could still watch it, but Im sure many didnt get that option. Earlier in the year, maybe I could understand it. But in The Chase?????

ESPN = Every Sports Pundits Nightmare
ESPN = Expectially Slow Peoples Network

Well, on ESPN's game I could take a lap then celebrate. LMAO

And I could finally go play around with the CBS team. To afraid to, with there, change one driver resets them all.

TSPN. Well didnt really lose the team. Still playing it, just in a pro league. Still no clue as to why. Buga Racin' 698 24198 . Those are my totals with that team. So even if I didn't get moved you still would have beaten me. Just ALOT closer.

Man this season flew by. Hard to think its about over.

Looks like you will get me in an Overall between all the leagues though too. But still better than I did last year, I think. LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:28 am

The statement from ABC/ESPN is pretty telling.
"After two red flags, rain in Phoenix and 4 1/2 hours on ABC, we were still 34 minutes from the end of the telecast as it turned out. We told fans in the East and Central from the second red flag on that the race was moving to ESPN2. ABC's entertainment viewers and NASCAR fans were both well served in a tough spot, and we are fortunate to have ESPN2 among our networks to serve the fans." (ESPN)
You could read this statement as saying "we are fortunate to have ESPN2 among our networks to serve the fans" or there would have been no broadcast at all in the East and Central of the last 34 minutes of the race.

Oh, and I feel better now about TSN. Weren't you up on me by about 2000 when you "upgraded"? You must have had some bad weeks in there. But, I whupped you the right way, that's good to know. :smt023

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 am

I just pretty much got my ass handed to me all around this season.

Guess my Hendricks bias didn't help me out all that much.

But just wait till NEXT season!!!!
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 am

KM, if Buga hadn't been so hot on CBS, you might have had that one. but he was just incredible from the start there.

But it was a dry year for KM.

On Thursday, SPEED has a special lineup, with some Chase, some Trucks, and some NASCAR Confidential.

Beginning at 5 EST, there are the two latest episodes of NASCAR Confidential, the first about the next generation of drivers (JoLo and younger), and the second is titled "How The Chase Was Run". I haven't seen either one yet, but the DVR will be set. These are produced by NASCAR Images, the same company that did the "Behind the Wheel" and "NASCAR 360" lifestyle shows a couple of years ago.

Then at 7 EST, the Trucks take the track for practice. With only 3 points separating Benson and Hornaday, this could be a good show to watch.

And finally at 8 EST, a special showing of TWIN, during which most, if not all, Chase drivers are supposed to make an appearance.

NASCAR Now is also an hour long all week this week instead of its normal 30 minute show, if anyone watches it. I started watching today's show but when they laughed off the network switch, I turned it off.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 am

Yeah. It was definitely a bad year for me for the most part. A win here and there...but no really good runs put together.

Gordon absolutely killed me at the beginning of the year, then Junior killed me in the middle.

Fortunately, Jimmie has made up for some of it in the last few weeks.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey, I just noticed that the 2008 NASCAR thread has 50 posts less than the 2007, you guys aren't doing your job. :smt005

Homestead Entry List

Yesterday on this list was something I found amazing; turns out it something, uh, changed. Yesterday's list had Mark Martin running the #84, subbing for Scott Speed. Don't know for sure what happened, but Red Bull did have Martin listed as the driver. Dave Moody talked about it in detail on his Sirius Satellite Radio show yesterday. My guess is Chevy didn't want Martin driving a Toyota.

Martin, however, is running this week in the #8, instead of Almirola, who was listed yesterday.

Sterling Marlin is attempting in the #09.

The Dinger is back attempting in the #10. He's done so well in that car that if I was GEM I'd be rethinking that Reed Sorenson decision for 2009. Or Elliot Sadler's contract. Dinger has beaten Sadler in every start (I didn't look it up so you will have to) since he's been in the #10. I'll bet Dinger is cheaper than Sadler.

Mad Max Papis attempts in the #13.

Awesome Bill is in the #21 again. He's only used one of his six PCP slots this year. And this could be his last race. Ever. He's still thinking about doing some one offs next year.

Brad Keselowski is out to prove that his 19th place finish in his first Cup race ever wasn't a fluke in the #25.

McCumbee is attempting in the #45 this week. Petty's run in Phoenix was probably his last in a Petty Enterprises car. He's talking to the Woods Brothers about running a part-time schedule with them in 2009. Petty had the greatest successes of his career in Woods Brothers' cars in the 80s & 90s. Remember Mello Yellow?

Ambrose is in the race driving the #47. He's carried the former #00 team back into the top 35. Or...well, just see below...

Raines is attempting in the #70.

Schrader is attempting in the #96.

And Red Bull has got to be rethinking their decision to drop Dinger for Scott Speed. Dinger has been nothing short of phenomenal in the #10, and in the #84 before being cut. Speed has done nothing but run a top 35 team into the hinterlands of having to qualify on time. Well, that and getting Gilligan's car on his hood.

One last thing. Who was there to help Stewart get his car started when it wouldn't fire on its own after the second red flag? None other than Ryan Newman. I guess it's never too early to start kissing your new boss' ass. Even if it is with a front bumper. :smt023

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Update on the Homestead Entry list.

Red Bull is apparently doing everything they can to ensure the #84 makes the race and at least has a chance to get back into the Top 35 before the season ends.

Scott Speed will swap rides with Brian Vickers this week. I guess they think that Vickers has a better chance of getting in on time than Speed does. Speed will run in the #82, Vickers in the #84.

They still have a couple of days before qualifying, think they'll be able to talk Dale Jarrett out of retirement for one race? Oh wait, didn't he use up all his PCP's earlier in the year?

Let's take a look back at which past Champion might be available. Elliott won in '88, so they've got to be more recent than that.
Rusty won in '89.

Dale Sr. and Alan Kulwicki aren't, uh...available. RIP

Gordon is locked into one of those pesky lifetime contracts.

Stewart, Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Bobby Labonte, & Johnson (yeah right, he'll switch cars this week!!) are all under contract.
For enough money they might be able to get Stewart & JGR to go for it, but I doubt Red Bull would be willing to pay enough for the Coach to go for it.

That leaves one man with a PCP available. He ran for MWR & Petty Enterprises earler this year. Texas Terry Labonte.

Now let's now take a truly old school look at this...remember, for the PCP to work, the PC must make the qualifying run and start the race. Subs could be standing by for a driver switch at the first caution or earlier. Elliott would have to qualify his way in on time, but he's done that for all but one of his attempts this year.

Good ol' DW could come back -- if wife Stevie would allow it.

Bobby Allison is not allowed to drive on the street anymore, much less race.

A couple of them that might be talked into it, would be King Richard & The Silver Fox.

And one that might do it just out of spite (for Johnson), the Three-peat man himself, Cale Yarborough. He might just wait around until Johnson got near him and take him out to keep him from breaking his (Cale's) record. :smt023

[smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am

DEI & Ganassi form new 4 car team

2010 FUSION HYBRID: 1ST NSC HYBRID PACE CAR
After the Fusion Hybrid leads the field to the green flag, the 263-horsepower Fusion Sport will be the pace car for the remainder of the Ford 400.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:41 am

Well...Jimmie could drive a different car since all of the points he gathers would still go to him anyway....lmao

Kinda doubt Mr Hendricks going for the idea though. :smt005
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 am

Knightmare wrote:Well...Jimmie could drive a different car since all of the points he gathers would still go to him anyway....lmao

Kinda doubt Mr Hendricks going for the idea though. :smt005
Dude, you of all people should know, it's Hendrick, not Hendricks.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 am

Hmmmm....oddly enough...I seem to keep missing the apostrophe before the s when I put the team name in writing....lol

Oh well.

Hendrick's Motorsports....there....that better??? lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 am

Either is better than my Hendicks post I had over at ESPN a few months back. But was good talk so...... LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:07 am

Knightmare wrote:Hmmmm....oddly enough...I seem to keep missing the apostrophe before the s when I put the team name in writing....lol

Oh well.

Hendrick's Motorsports....there....that better??? lol
Actually, no. It's Hendrick Motorsports. :smt019

You could say that "someone works at Hendrick's", but if you use it with Rick or Mr. or Pappa Joe, it is Hendrick. :smt003

And now that I have corrected you for a second time, I'm off to bed so I'm rested for golf tomorrow. :smt015

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 am

Ok. I officially hate you now....lmao

Sheesh....even Death is allowed a brain fade occasionally...lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Knightmare wrote:Ok. I officially hate you now....lmao
I'll bet if I really searched this forum, I'd find that same quote somewhere else. :smt023

NASCAR Press Conference on SPEED at 1 EST.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Labbie wrote:
Knightmare wrote:Ok. I officially hate you now....lmao
I'll bet if I really searched this forum, I'd find that same quote somewhere else. :smt023
I don't think it would take all that much searching. :smt005 :smt005
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 am

It was the "officially" that made me think it might take some searching, there are plenty of posts where you say "I hate you Labbie". KInd of a badge of honor, IMO.

And for the last time this year, Get yer picks in. Yahoo locks in the wee hours tomorrow morning, Foxsports locks at 3 EST.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Jimmie Johnson proves that even androids can be smartasses
By Jay Busbee

Sunday evening was a historic one for NASCAR and the career of one Jimmie Johnson. Sure, Johnson won his third championship in a row, and that's nice and all. But more importantly, he demonstrated that beneath the cold blue steel of the 48 beats the heart of a true smartass. Witness this postrace exchange on SPEED between Johnson and host Jimmy Spencer:
Spencer: "Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but what's going to motivate you and, you know, your race team into 2009? I mean, you know, four in a row, but you know, how do you get it up? Explain to me how you do it."

Johnson: "Did you just ask me how I'm gonna get it up?"
It's true. Non-sponsor-sanctioned innuendo, live on television! Beautiful. Here, check it out for yourself:

[youtube][/youtube]

Friends, this is a landmark moment, and I sincerely hope Johnson takes advantage of it. Get off the corporate leash, Jimmie! Let that filthy, ever-so-slightly-non-PC mind roll, my friend! That's how you go from being a champion to being an icon.

It's a new era in NASCAR, a new era in the career of the #48. I hereby deem Jimbot 3000 deactivated. Long live Triple Johnson!

Link to article

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:19 pm

I'll get the scores and season wrap up in sometime today, I screwed up twice yesterday and lost the posts, and just started it again this morning, and lost it again. :smt076

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:54 am

OK, one more time. Condensed version.

Cup: Johnson threepeats, Edwards wins the race.

NW: Bowyer takes the championship, Edwards wins the race.

Truck: Benson wins the championship, Edwards..oh wait, Bodine wins the race.

On ESPN, Buga wins the week with a 588, I was next with a 561, KM was third with a 546. I won the final segment with a 6333, KM was second with a 6068, and Buga almost caught KM with a 6048. Buga wins the overall with a 21912, I was second with a 21146, and KM was third with a 20896.

On the ESPN Pick'em game, I beat Buga 6 -5 for the week and 60 - 35 overall.

On CBS, I somehow won the week with a 597, Buga was next with a 565, and KM was third with a 495. Buga won the final segment with a 11080, KM was next with a 10732, and I was third with a 10270. Buga wins the overall with a 22284, KM was next with a 20888, and I was third with a 20265.

On FoxSports, I beat Buga for the week 349 - 216. I finished 5th in the league with a 6257 and Buga finished 6th with a 5947. I beat Buga in the overall, but I didn't total the points. Trust me.

On Yahoo, Buga won the week with a 322, I was second with a 255, and Daniel was third with a 180. Buga won the final segment with a 4942, I was second with a 4758, and Daniel third with a 3865. I won the overall with a 9578, Buga was second with a 9495, and Daniel was third with an even 8200.

On the TSN main game, I won the week with a 182/775 for a 957, Buga was second with a 140/479 for a 619, and KM was third with a 70/377 for a 447. I won the overall with a 25592, KM was second with a 23268, and Buga was third with a 17017. Buga, feel free to post your Pro league team score and steal second away from KM. :smt023

On the TSN Pick 3 game, I won the week with a 361, Magentic Death was second with a 324, and Buga was third with a 293. If we drop two races then MD won the overall with a 2744, I was second with a 2701, and Buga was third with a 2447. If we do not drop scores, then I win the overall with a 3124, MD would be second with a 3061, and Buga would still be third with a 2868. Since Magnetic Death (or FORESIGHT is the user name) has not made an appearance here to defend himself, I say we don't drop scores and I WIN!!! :smt038

In the NASCAR.com 3 Wide game, KM won the week with a 672, Buga was second with a 587, and I bet heavily on Biffle and Kurt and had a 369. I won the overall with a 5551 and 194th position overall. KM was second with a 5435 for 334th overall. And Buga was third with a 4182 and 2383rd position.

In the WTF game, KM won and Buga and I both lost for the week. I win the overall win/loss category with a 27/9 record and finished third in the points with a 19648. KM tied for fifth in the win/loss with a 16/20 record and fifth in points with a 18078, Buga finished seventh in both categories with a 13/23 record and 17758 points.

And finally, in the Burn the Competition game, Buga won the week with a 926, I was second with a 835, and KM was third with a 758. KM finished third in our league with 16522 points in 1699th position. Buga was second in the league with 17855 points and in 1244th position. I led the league with 18606 points and dropped to 666th position overall.

Three last things for the year.
  • Vote on SPEED Performance Awards here. Three categories already open, others will open in the coming weeks.

Vote for your favorite Play by Play announcer at The Daly Planet. Choices are between Mike Joy, Jerry Punch, Bill Weber, and Rick Allen for the Truck series. You can vote Anonymously, or log in with a Google account.

Only ~2140 hours until the green flag at the Daytona 500. :smt023
It was fun this year, see ya next year.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:15 am

Labbie. Thanks for all the effort you put in on a weekly basis keeping us up on the leagues.

Just think....you now have 2140 hour break till it starts all over again...lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Yes Labbie thanks for the time you put in on here. Want to spend a few more moments in here?. LMAO. I have been looking for how the final scoring would have been, if not using the current chase system. Wondering how close everything would have been in the old way. Have wondered that the with all the past seasons since they changed.

I mean congrats to Jimmy, but still have a hard time comparing it to Cale's 3.

So I see here you killed us again Labbie. Out of 10 competitions,
Labbie 8-2
Buga 2-8
KM 0-10

And I thought I was having a good year. LMAO

Well should be a nutty year coming. Lots of changing of drivers, changing sponser of events (still dont like some of them changes) etc. Can't wait. All I have to look forward to until then is watching the KC Chumps lose week after week. LMAO. Guess its still not Detroit. LMFAO But close.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Buga1 wrote:I have been looking for how the final scoring would have been, if not using the current chase system. Wondering how close everything would have been in the old way. Have wondered that the with all the past seasons since they changed.
I don't have the numbers, but JJ would have taken over the points lead after Kansas (IIRC) and would have won it under the chase or the old method.

I'll see if I can find it, I know it's out there somewhere.

81 days to Daytona (exactly as of the time of this post).

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Oops, I was wrong, Edwards would have squeaked by Johnson by 16 points. Hmm, thought the Chase was suppoosed to make the standings tighter. :smt017

From Jayski
"Classic" 2008 Points Standings...the old way, not the Chase after Homestead:
(Traditional Points...the old way, not the Chase)
1) #99-Carl Edwards 5236 [9 wins]
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson 5220 -16 [7 wins] CHASE CHAMP
3) #18-Kyle Busch 4984 -252 [8 wins]
4) #16-Greg Biffle 4747 -489 [2 wins]
5) #31-Jeff Burton 4709 -527 [2 wins]
6) #29-Kevin Harvick 4691 -545
7) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. 4605 -631 [1 win]
8) #24-Jeff Gordon 4537 - 699
9) #20-Tony Stewart 4487 -749 [1 win]
10) #07-Clint Bowyer 4487 - 749 [1 win]
11) #11-Denny Hamlin 4439 -797 [1 win]
12) #17-Matt Kenseth 4316 -920
13) #6-David Ragan 4299 -937
14) #9-Kasey Kahne 4085 -1151 [2 wins]

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Labbie wrote:Oops, I was wrong, Edwards would have squeaked by Johnson by 16 points. Hmm, thought the Chase was suppoosed to make the standings tighter. :smt017

From Jayski
"Classic" 2008 Points Standings...the old way, not the Chase after Homestead:
(Traditional Points...the old way, not the Chase)
1) #99-Carl Edwards 5236 [9 wins]
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson 5220 -16 [7 wins] CHASE CHAMP
3) #18-Kyle Busch 4984 -252 [8 wins]
4) #16-Greg Biffle 4747 -489 [2 wins]
5) #31-Jeff Burton 4709 -527 [2 wins]
6) #29-Kevin Harvick 4691 -545
7) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. 4605 -631 [1 win]
8) #24-Jeff Gordon 4537 - 699
9) #20-Tony Stewart 4487 -749 [1 win]
10) #07-Clint Bowyer 4487 - 749 [1 win]
11) #11-Denny Hamlin 4439 -797 [1 win]
12) #17-Matt Kenseth 4316 -920
13) #6-David Ragan 4299 -937
14) #9-Kasey Kahne 4085 -1151 [2 wins]
Thanks Labbie. "The NASCAR Hunter"

Would be interesting to see what the last couple years points standings were the old way. Im sure if the other 2 series ran a chase style, we wouldnt have had those close standings at the end. Well maybe. But I found them more interesting this year than the Sprint chase.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Buga1 wrote:Would be interesting to see what the last couple years points standings were the old way.
Did ya take the link?

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:13 pm

I did now. LMAO. I just figured you quoted it so didnt click it. :smt023 Thanks

Rick

Return to “Team Activities”