NASCAR 2008

Anything related to activities for the team.
Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Yeah, I did too.

Did you ever get a response from TSN about your password?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Nope. Haven't seen a response from them yet. :smt011
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:46 pm

KM, it's too bad you can't use the "I forgot my password" excuse on ESPN this week. My 738 beat Buga by 102 and you by 235. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:24 am

Miles the Monster reached out and grabbed a few of our drivers yesterday, but Da Biff, Edwards, Kenseth, Martin, and Johnson seemed to stay just out of Miles' reach. Miles first catch was Kurt Busch slapping the wall after getting punted by Gilligan. That killed a couple of my teams, even tho' he ran pretty well after that but got trapped a lap down and never could make it up. And little brother Kyle got nabbed later in the race and blew his engine. I'm sure that got more of us than just me. And McMurray would have been right up there too if not for Robby taking him out late in the race.

Da Biff wins two in a row, Edwards may have made a mistake with getting just two tires towards the end of the race. Kenseth leads the most laps, old man Martin looked great, but couldn't keep up with the Roushketeers (and former teammates) at the end.

On the TSN Pick 3 game, I led the way with a 381 (and was killed by Kurt here), the interloper, Magnetic Death, was close behind with a 379, and Buga had a 343.

On the TSN Full Season game, I led there too, with a 162/664 for a 826, Buga was next with a 150/580 for a 730, and KM was third with a 94/606 for an even 700. I have to say that KM had an excellent week here because he was running 5 drivers against our 6. Did you ever get a response from them KM? I was able to dig out of that site that you have 27 available trades. Boy, what I could do with 27 trades...

On Yahoo, Buga won the week with a 320, I was second with a 292, and Daniel was third with a 239. Daniel, you need to look at your team here BEFORE FRIDAY, you have at least one newly expired driver. Buga, you're getting close on a couple of them too.

Buga won the week on the NASCAR.com Burn The Comp game with a 927, I was next with a 878 (Kurt again here & Kyle), and KM rounds out the field with a 821.

But KM comes back with the win on NASCAR.com's 3 Wide for the Chase game. He had a 589, Buga was close behind with a 579, and I was last with a 541 (Kurt again).

And on the NASCAR.com WTF game, Buga just had to flex his muscles this week when he was head-to-head with me and broke my 9 race winning streak. Oh well, it had to happen sometime, at least it was a friend. KM lost again, but remains in fifth, Buga is still seventh, and I had just enough points to remain in the lead. KM, if you don't know how to draft a driver to replace Yeley, PM me your login info here and I'll do it for you. Regan Smith is available and at least he is running every week.

On Foxsports, Buga had a 442, his third best score in the second segment. I had a 416 and dropped to third in the league, while Buga remains seventh, but gained on sixth.

Fairly tight week on CBS. I won with a 667, KM was next with a 657, and Buga was third with a 601. What's happened to your team here Buga? Buga still leads in the segment (and overall), but KM has come up to just 217 back for the segment and I am still around 500 down to Buga. :smt021 I've already conceded the overall to Buga.

On the ESPN Race for the Cup (Pick'em) the only saving grace I had was that Buga didn't make selections, so my 3 correct picks won the week. :smt023

And finally, in the main ESPN game, I won the week with a 738, to Buga's 639 and KM's 506. Buga and KM obviously got some bonus points after I made that post last night. I lead the 3rd segment by 89 over Buga, and have closed on Buga's overall lead to less than a 1000, 968 to be exact. :smt038 Gonna be tough to make that up with just 8 races remaining.

Next week we go to Buga's hometown (close enough) at Kansas. A 1.5 mile superspeedway in America's Heartland. Biff won there last year too. Can he go for the threepeat?

Here's the Kansas entry List.

McDowell dropped out of the top 35 again so he has to qualify his way in, while Robby Gordon moved back in so he's safe.

Martin is in the #8 again this week, Sauter is attempting in the #08 FUBAR Dodge (sorry, just had to put that sponsor in).

Awesome Bill has the PCP in the #21, but Ambrose fans don't despair, he's attempting in the #47 this week.

Raines is in the #70, Hornish must make it in on speed this week.

And Joey "Toast" Logano (after his unassuming debut a week ago he is no longer Sliced Bread to me), attempts in the #96 again this week.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 am

Must have forgot to add the into my Fantasy Sports folder favs. I went through the list as normal. LOL But that ones not there. Off to check it out soon.
Labbie wrote:"What's happened to your team here Buga?"
Thought I would try and give you all a chance. LMAO Halmin killed me, and Smoke hasn't been doing all that great.

No idea how I beat you on the WTF league. I had to go back through the post to find yours that showed who I even had. LMAO
Labbie wrote:"And Joey "Toast" Logano"
LMFAO. Well atleast you didn't go with Joey "Burnt Toast" Logano yet.

I was hoping to make it to this race at Kansas. But won't be. Damn economy. LOL Have seen a big slow down in almost everything. Nobody spending money.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:06 am

Buga1 wrote:
Labbie wrote:"And Joey "Toast" Logano"
LMFAO. Well at least you didn't go with Joey "Burnt Toast" Logano yet.
I'm saving that one for when he crashes and the car catches on fire, however briefly.

Hopefully it's just briefly when/if it happens.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:42 am

Did you ever get a response from them KM? I was able to dig out of that site that you have 27 available trades. Boy, what I could do with 27 trades...
Nope. Haven't heard a peep out of them. :smt011
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 pm

A lot of people don't get Matt's sense of humor. I'll bet when he said this he was completely straight faced.

Quote of the week ...

Matt Kenseth

When asked about team orders late in the race, Matt said, "The plan was have Greg win. We just tried to make it look really good."

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:38 am

This week's ESPN Classic historic race is a beauty. On Thursday (9/25) at 1PM ET the 1976 Daytona 500 lives again complete with the original announcers. This is a good one to record as Richard Petty and David Pearson have a difference of opinion on the final corner of the final turn. The rest is history.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Kansas By the Numbers

Get your picks in, Yahoo locks overnight, FoxSports locks at 4 EDT Friday, and the TSN main game locks for qualifying rosters at Noon EDT Friday. Race roster changes can be made on TSN until 2 EDT Sunday.

Everything else locks around race time.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Ouch!! I got trapped at TSN when McDowell didn't qualify and I don't have any trades left, so I'm running a man down with you this week KM.

WARNING: Rumor and supposition follows
But KM, I'm hearing that your situation (having Skinner and not being able to log in) at TSN could be changing. Allmendinger says Kansas will be his last week in the #84. He is being replaced by former Formula One driver Scott Speed, who had an incredible test at Charlotte last week. Of the four practice sessions, Speed was in the top 15 for all but the first session, which was his first COT experience. He was second in the second session behind Billfe.

Speed is leading the ARCA series this year, has 1 pole, 1 win, 3 top 5's and 5 top 10's in 12 Truck series starts. Hell, he's 25th in points and hasn't even attempted to run in 7 races!!

So how does all this help KM? Speed is only licensed to run on 1.5 mile tracks and smaller. 'Dega is a 2.66 mile monster. Speed won't even see that track until that weekend in the ARCA series. NASCAR could give him a pass, but most likely Speed will make his superspeedway debut in Daytona in February. So at 'Dega, Skinner will fill in and KM will have a full team for at least a week!!! :smt023

Yeah, yeah, I know. I took the long way 'round. :smt036

Allmendinger leaving is going to kill me on CBS. I've gained about 60K in value since I last made any changes. And I've been doing good there with this team.

But if Speed comes in at 22K... :smt017

Last warning, get your picks set.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:11 am

Well..at least there is SOME bright side to being stuck with Skinner....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Knightmare wrote:Well..at least there is SOME bright side to being stuck with Skinner....lmao
Wendy V. just reported that Skinner could be in the #84 for as many as four of the remaining races.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:39 am

What a finish!!! Good thing is was between two Chasers or ESPN wouldn't have shown it to us. :smt037

Edwards runs it deep into turn 3 to pass Johnson for the lead, at least momentarily, then slaps the wall a couple of times with it still floored and then races Johnson back to the line. Just behind was Biffle passing Gordon for third by inches. Kenseth finishes fifth.

Just wanted to thank Gordon for screwing up my four-pecta (quadpecta? what comes after trifecta?) on ESPN, so I guess I'll have to settle for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Oh, and uh...36th.

Buga got the trifecta on FoxSports too. And, err...28th. But still a great score there Buga. But still not the best in the league for the week. And no, it wasn't me that beat you. :smt023

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:28 pm

NASCAR.com has some scoring issues, but they say it will be fixed by tomorrow, so we'll do the wrap-up then.

If all of their games are messed up, thank God, cause I sucked with what they are showing now. I do know that there is a problem tho', I'm in one game there that is not part of our leagues, the Streak to the Finish game where all you have to do is pick someone to finish in the top 10 (harder than it sounds because once you pick someone you can't pick them again until you screw up). Well, I had Johnson in that one. This morning it said he didn't finish in the top 10. From what I saw, he won the race. :smt023

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Fanstasy League Wrap-up.

On CBS, I won with a 692, KM was second with 643, and Buga was third with a 622. Only 70 points form first to third.

On ESPN's Pick'em game, I had 9 (woo hoo) and Buga had 6.

On the main ESPN game I had 750, Buga had 702, and Km had 648. Over the last two or three weeks I have passed KM for second overall. Buga is still way out in front overall.

On FoxSports, Buga was second in the league for the week with a 597, I scratched with a 326.

Buga won the week on Yahoo with a 331, I was next with a 276, and Daniel got killed with a 168. Ouch, only one of your drivers finished better than 25th.

On the TSN main game, Buga killed us with a 127/714 for a 841, KM was next with a 146/572 for a 718, and I was last with a 75/521 for a 596.

On the TSN Pick 3 game, Magnetic Death takes the win this week with a 351, but I was only 4 points back with a 347, Buga brings up the rear with a 267.

Here's hoping that the NASCAR.com scores are correct. I received an email last night telling me things were fixed, but there is still a message up on the site that says the scores are still wrong.

And on the NASCAR.com WTF game, we were perfect. We ALL lost. 'Nuff said.

In the Burn The Competition game, Buga took the week with a 965 and moved into the top 1000 overall, Km was next with a 943 and is almost in the top 2000, I was third with a 925, but still managed to squeak back into the top 300.

In the 3 Wide game, I led the way with a 599, KM was next with a 557, and Buga comes in third with a 468. I'm 211th overall, KM is 579th, and Buga is 3667th.

The Talladega Entry List looks interesting.

McDowell has to qualify in the #00.

Almirola is in the #8 this week, I guess Martin doesn't want to deal with Dega.

Saidheads rejoice, Boris is attempting in the #08 this week.

Sterling Marlin is in the #09 this week.

Jon Wood is attempting in the #21.

Mike Wallace is in the #33 this week. If he makes it and you're looking for someone cheap, Mike is really good on the plate tracks.

Terry Labonte is subbing for Petty in the #45 this week, and as the only PC, he's in.

Hornish has to qualify on time this week in the #77.

Skinner is in the #84, the Dinger is gone after his 9th place finish last week. Hopefully somone will pick him up, I think he has a future in NASCAR. And KM is happy, he's locked in after Dinger's great run.

And Schrader is in the #96 this week.

No Dinger, Hornish has to qualify, my CBS team is looking a little bleak.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Just saw that Paul Menard is leaving DEI for Yates as a third car, and is taking Daddy's billions with him. That makes him the only fully sponsored car at Yates for 2009 so far.

AND...

Kyle Petty out at Petty Enterprises? Was Kansas #45-Kyle Petty's last race for Petty Enterprises? Sunday's Kansas 400 looks like it might well have been his last Sprint Cup run for the family business that he's worked for for so many years, that his grandfather Lee founded in 1949 and that his father Richard has been running all these years. That pending departure-not of Kyle Petty's own doing-is the stunning word from Patti Petty, Kyle's wife. Kyle Petty has been the center of a family storm of controversy since the spring, and he insists he doesn't think he's part of the long-running problems at Petty Enterprises. And Patti Petty says her husband is determined to stay at the wheel of a Cup car.....for someone. Kyle Petty himself ... has been struggling with the entire situation, Patti Petty says. While Petty himself was stoic about whatever turmoil is going on behind the scenes, promising to talk about things eventually, his wife was quite emotional - "Maybe I'm the only one here willing to tell the truth," she said. "They haven't wanted Kyle in the car the last three years. They want a young driver, a 30-year-old, a 20-year-old. "But Wells Fargo, our sponsor, says it's going to stay with Kyle, whatever he does. I wish Chip Ganassi (a fellow Dodge team owner) would take a look at Kyle. He's got a 12-race sponsorship deal for next year that would be a perfect part-time schedule for Kyle. And Kyle could help mentor a young driver. They told him at Watkins Glen - right when he was standing there in his driver's suit - that they didn't want him in the car." There are indications that Michael McDowell, currently driving for Michael Waltrip's Toyota operation, and AJ Allmendinger, currently driving for Team Red Bull, are under consideration for the Petty ride, as teammate with Bobby Labonte. Kyle Petty is tentatively scheduled to run a Petty car at Phoenix in November, but Patti Petty says that looks too iffy. Jayski

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Update on the Entry List, Kenny Wallace is now listed as driving the #00 for McDowell.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Finally watched the Victory Lane. LMAO. That was great. Would have loved to have audio on that.

Seasons is slowly wrapping up. Has been fun in the fantasy leagues, well and the racing too. For the most part.

Glad you get all the leagues info's together. Takes forever to get through them all, If I do in one sitting. LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:05 pm

It takes me about an hour to go thru all of them too Buga, but I have come up with a system and haven't screwed up my wrap-up posts for a while now. :smt006

More facts & rumors...

Rusty to drive for DEI next year? Nope, not true according to Rusty and ESPN. But last year about this time they both denied that Rusty was being removed from the TV booth for 2008. Guess that one didn't work out for them, much to our delight. To me, Rusty driving for DEI would be great, the driver I hate the most (of all time) and the team I could grow to hate if there was a reason. :smt023

Bootie Barker, currently crew chief for the #66 with Riggs and co-star of NASCAR Performance, will be Michael Waltrip's crew chief for 2009. Guess Tony didn't want Bootie. Or more likely, Bootie didn't want Tony. :smt005

JoLo won't be driving the #96 any more this year. Mutual decision between Gibbs and HoFR. Schrader will most likely pick up all the remaining races in the #96. My guess is that Gibbs didn't want JoLo to catch any bad habits/practices from HoFR. JoLo will be making his first Truck start this weekend at Talladega, in the #59 truck, replacing Ted Musgrave, who quit between practice and qualifying a couple of weeks ago at Las Vegas. :smt017

JTG/Daugherty, who will field cars in 2009 for Ambrose, forms a technical alliance with MWR, making it essentially a 4th car for MRW. Technical alliance my ass, they're moving into MWR's shops, it's a 4th team. And I wonder how this will affect Daugherty's position at ESPN? ESPN won't let Rusty own a Cup team. :smt019

And don't forget to sign up for the Dodge 60 To Go sweepstakes, 60 prizes awarded, one for each of the last 60 laps Sunday. Grand Prize - NASCAR 60th edition Dodge Challenger R/T http://audience.nascar.com/services/nas ... e/login.do

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:21 am

Man....as much as I hate to admit it, I would hate to see Brad not on the pre race show. He is actually pretty good, and you can just tell that he absolutely loves NASCAR.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Get your picks in, although you have an extra day this week.

Yahoo locks in the wee hours Saturday morning, FoxSports locks at noon EDT Saturday.

This is an impound race, so expect some different folks up front this week.

==================================

Gordon's 2009 paint scheme

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:03 am

I saw that new scheme earlier today on First Take.

Pretty cool looking. :smt023
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 am

Looks kool, and 1 main reason, looks like my paint job on my PS2 Nascar games cars. LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Junior blows an engine in the first practice (only ran 8 laps), then on the fifth lap in the second practice he blows a tire that totally destroys the rear end of his car (besides hitting the wall). The tire blowing also takes out Gilliland, Stewart, Kahne, Reutimann (all going to backup cars, as is Junior), and some others had a small amount of damage.

This is either a sign from above for Junior that it's over or he's just getting all the bad things out of the way today and will
have a hell of race on Sunday. :smt023

Gordon and Junior are the guests on Trackside tonight, scheduled for 7:30 EDT, but will probably start late due to an ARCA race being covered by SPEED.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 am

Dang, missed all kinds of action. LOL.

And I hope for the "all bad things out of the way", I have him in a few places, atleast one anyway. LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Wow, what crappy coverage from ABC. Too many bumper and rooftop cam shots. I think there was a pretty good race going on, but it didn't fit the script I guess.

I did horrible in the leagues, especially CBS, where at one point late in the race I was hoping that Johnson would fall out so I would have all 5 drivers in the 30s. LOL But JJ had to go and screw even that up for me. My guys finished 12th, 31st, 32nd, 35th, & 38th for a whopping 391 (may still be position & bonus point changes to come).

Whoops!!! I just looked at a couple of other leagues, guess I wasn't as bad as I thought. I still sucked, but you guys sucked even worse on at least NASCAR.com. :smt038

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:32 pm

A horrible decision by NASCAR at the end of a horribly broadcast race by ABC/ESPN run on horrible Goodyear tires that would EXPLODE at the drop of a hat made for a less than exciting viewing opportunity.

Here is The Daly Planet's race recap. The legendary John Kernan (ESPN's announcer for the 80's and 90's) makes an appearance in the comments section. I won't bother you with the in-race comments section. It broke a record for The Daly Planet with 800+ comments. Although I will share one comment regarding one of the pit reporter-ettes questioning of Truex after his crash.
BruSimm said...
Gee Truex, what did you see, how did it feel?

Shove a piece of sheet metal in her face, and slap her with a hammer. That should answer the question!!

October 5, 2008 3:45 PM
That about sums it up for the comments section, it was not pretty.

Stewart wins in the previously mentioned controversial decision by NASCAR. The purposely vague NASCAR rulebook gave NASCAR the right to declare Stewart the winner over Regan Smith, who Stewart forced below the yellow line. Smith raced Tony to the line anyway, and beat him to it. Smith should have been declared the winner. NASCAR allowed such behavior for the win in the Truck series and even in Cup a few years ago when Junior did it. Guess it all comes down to who you are.

Tires would sometimes explode for no reason, causing two "Big Ones" and several smaller episodes. Congrats to Mike Wallace for NOT taking out the front of the field when his tire blew. Goodyear is searching for a reason, but so far really hasn't come up with anything.

As I stated last night, I thought I sucked everywhere in the leagues, but that turned out not to be true. Well, it is true, but you guys sucked worse in some places, and less in others.

On the main ESPN game, KM won the week with a 599, I was second with 464, and Buga was third with a 403. No changes to the segment or overall standings.

On the ESPN Pick'em game, Buga proved you can do the exact opposite of what I did last week and pulled off a 1 this week. I had 5 correct selections.

KM won the week on CBS too, with a 498, Buga was next with a 474, and I got adjusted up to a 402.

On FoxSports, Buga and I both scratched, no changes to the standings except Buga is now less than 100 out of 6th.

On the TSN main game, Buga had a good week with a 125/639 for a 764, KM squeaks in for second with a 137/551 for a 688, and I had a 87/591 for a 678. In my defense, I was a man down this week since Carpentier didn't make the race (for only the second time this year) and I didn't have the trades to fill his spot.

On the TSN Pick 3 game, both Buga and Magnetic Death each chose one driver that wasn't in the race. You're not reading here Buga. I won the week with a 220, Buga was next with a 206, and Magnetic Death needed a defibrulator to survive with a 99. Buga is only 16 points behind MD now, but still 300+ behind me.

On Yahoo, Daniel wins the week by a measley 4 points over me, 202 - 198 :smt021 , Buga was third with a 162. Buga is 428 behind me and Daniel is 680 behind Buga.

And on NASCAR.com...

In the 3 Wide game, I won the week with a 517, Buga was next with a 417, and KM brings up the rear with a 349. Buga moved up 500+ positions to 3146th, KM dropped 205 to 784th, and I somehow vaulted into the top 100 to 70th, moving up 142 spots. I'm on the board, I'm on the board!!! :smt023

In the Burn the Comp game, it has all of us showing 0 points for the week. I watched this game some via the live scoring during the race and we all had scores then. I do not remember those scores and have sent an email to Customer Service regarding this. But obviously, from my post last night, I beat you both. :smt023 We'll just have to wait and see what they say.

And in the WTF game, after last week's defeats, we all won this week, KM leading the way for the league with 646 to his opponent's 532. I was close behind with a 629 to my opponent's 218, and Buga won with a 445 to his opponent's 284. I went to 24-6 and extended my points lead over second place to over 200 points. KM is still 5th in both categories, but gained over 400 points on 4th in the points category, his win/loss is 13-17. Buga is still 7th in both categories.

Next week is Saturday night...uhh...Superspeedway? We go back to Charlotte for a night race. Kahne won there in the spring, while on his little run at the top. Expect Roush to be back in form, as will Johnson, KyBusch, and probably Vickers too. Scott Speed makes his first attempt, but not in the #84. He's got to earn his way in in the #82 car and Skinner returns in the #84.

But more on that tomorrow. :smt036

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:56 am

Well, they haven't answered my email, but the scores are now showing for Burn the Comp.

I had a 708 and lost 39 spots back to 342.

KM had a 685 and gained 19 to 2056th.

Buga had a 611 and lost 62 positions and is now in 1030th.

See? I told you I won.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Charlotte Entry List

47 cars entered, including a couple we haven't seen for a while.

The Dinger returns, but this time in the #00 for MWR, replacing McDowell. I wouldn't expect to see McDowell much more this year, since MWR is trying to get that car back in the top 35 and have ~100 points to make up.

Martin is back this week in the #8.

Awesome Bill is in the #21 this week, and is in because of the PCP.

Hendrick brings the #25 out of retirement this week with Brad Kesekowski at the wheel.

Ganassi brings back the #40, but not with Franchitti, they've got Bryan Clauson in the driver's seat.

Chad McCumbee is in the #45 for Petty. Don't expect much more of Petty this year either.

Raines is in the #70 again this week.

Derrike Cope is attempting in the #75.

Scott Speed is attempting in the #82 as a third Red Bull team.

Skinner is back in the #84.

And Schrader is in the #96 again this week. What ever happened to Brad Coleman, HoFR's Star of the Future?

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Update on the Charlotte entries...

Carpentier is OUT at Evernham and the #10. Had an argument with his crew chief after qualifying at Dega.

Mike Wallace will be in the #10 at Charlotte, Allmendinger will be in the #10 for the remaining races beyond Charlotte.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news10

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:43 am

Get your picks in Just discovered that qualifying is tomorrow (Thursday) at 7 EDT.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:43 pm

It's raining in Charlotte right now and doesn't seem to be moving at all.

If qualifying is rained out or cancelled the teams making the race would be:

#21 Past Champion - 1988 Elliott [30, 42nd]
#00, 30 attempts, 36th in 2008 OWNERS pts
#77, 30, 37th
#96, 30, 38th
#10, 30, 38th
#45, 30, 40th
#78, 30, 41st
#70, 30, 43rd
missing the race would be:
#40, 17, 44
#25, 0, none
#75, 0, none
#82, 0, none

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 pm

Edwards, Harvick involved in garage altercation, witnesses say

CONCORD, N.C. -- Sprint Cup drivers Carl Edwards and Kevin Harvick were involved in an altercation Thursday in the Nationwide Series garage at Lowe's Motor Speedway, multiple witnesses confirmed.

Witnesses said Edwards approached Harvick in the garage stall housing Harvick's No. 33 Chevrolet and engaged in conversation. Following what a witness called a heated discussion, Harvick turned to walk away and Edwards grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around.

According to reports Harvick then shoved Edwards in retaliation, forcing Edwards onto the hood of the No. 33 Chevy. No. 33 crew chief Rick Ren pointed to a dent in the hood where he said Edwards landed. Others on site then proceeded to separate the drivers, and witnesses said Edwards was grabbed around the neck in a headlock by Harvick's motor-home driver, Jeff Smith.

No punches were thrown, witnesses said.

NASCAR did not immediately comment on the issue.

Edwards and Harvick were not immediately available to comment.

Witnesses claim the verbal exchange Thursday was in reference to a handwritten note Edwards left in a seat on Harvick's airplane following the AMP Energy 500 last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. The note facetiously thanked Harvick for disparaging comments he made toward Edwards on ABC following a multi-car wreck on Lap 174 of 188, which was triggered when Edwards tapped teammate Greg Biffle. Harvick was collected in the incident.

Marty Smith covers NASCAR for ESPN.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Labbie wrote:It's raining in Charlotte right now and doesn't seem to be moving at all.

If qualifying is rained out or cancelled the teams making the race would be:

#21 Past Champion - 1988 Elliott [30, 42nd]
#00, 30 attempts, 36th in 2008 OWNERS pts
#77, 30, 37th
#96, 30, 38th
#10, 30, 38th
#45, 30, 40th
#78, 30, 41st
#70, 30, 43rd
missing the race would be:
#40, 17, 44
#25, 0, none
#75, 0, none
#82, 0, none
It was just announced that qualifying has been cancelled.

Return to “Team Activities”