NASCAR 2008

Anything related to activities for the team.
Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

NASCAR 2008

Post by Labbie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:26 am

NASCAR TV Coverage Starts On Monday, are you ready?

Only 42 days until the 50th running of The Daytona 500. The ALMS cars are already testing for the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. Cup testing starts tomorrow and continues next week. Nationwide (Busch) series and Trucks to follow.

ESPN has not announced who their announcers will be, and are acting like there weren't any problems in 2007, so it will probably be the same. But we can always hope they will change it up some and leave Brad, Brent, Rusty and Suzi at home this year, while moving Bestwick to the booth and the Doc back to pit road where he belongs.

Luckily, ESPN doesn't cover Cup until July. Maybe they'll watch the ESPN CLassic re-airings of the old Daytona 500s and learn something about broadcasting a race.

Fantasy leagues have not been set up yet, I'll let you know when they open up for entries.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:47 am

WOOHOO!!!!! Let's go RACIN!!!!!

I don't mind Brad so much. He's not all that bad of a color guy as long as he isn't in the booth. Rusty really needs to go, but I would be willing to bet that ESPN has him under contract for at least 1 more season. I think we are stuck with his repetitive, arrogant delivery for a while yet. :smt012

My only wish would be that they put in some other people who actually KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT RACING!!! Brent Mus(ty)berger and Suzi Kolber know absolutely NOTHING about racing. Neither one of them belong anywhere NEAR a NASCAR event.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:59 am

Oh, I don't know. Suzi could be a bead girl in the Talladega infield. [smilie=drogar-dum(dbg).gif]
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 am

Labbie wrote:Oh, I don't know. Suzi could be a bead girl in the Talladega infield. [smilie=drogar-dum(dbg).gif]
True dat...lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:13 am

Sweet, Just about in time for the end of Football Season.

Let us know when you get the leagues started up again. I planned on doing yahoo's again too. If interested. But ready for it to start.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:25 am

I'll be doing the ones where I can set my team and just let it go....lol

My attention span is too short for the other ones.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Yahoo is open, http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

The group name is Calm Chaos, the password is 2008.

And KM, there is even an option to receive a reminder email either 1 or 2 days in advance of the deadline.

danielmid
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Post by danielmid » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Whats the group ID number?
ImageImage

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:58 pm

danielmid wrote:Whats the group ID number?
Try 4082 or PM me your email address.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 pm

CBS is up now too. KM & Buga I sent email invites to both of you. Let me know if you do not receive it, the one I sent to myself hasn't come thru yet.

Buga, yours went to your Excite addy and KM yours went to both your yahoo addy and your gmail addy, wasn't sure which one you are using now.

Daniel, if you want to join that one I'll need your email addy.

http://racing.sportsline.com/splash/rac ... /challenge

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 pm

ESPN, FoxSports & NASCAR.com are not ready yet. Anyone know of any other free fantasy racing leagues?

NASCAR.com does have a email notifier that I signed up for.

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:13 am

Got the Yahell! one to work, one is enough for me LOL
ImageImage

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am

danielmid wrote:Got the Yahell! one to work, one is enough for me LOL
Weenie!!!

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:22 am

Ill forget about it for most of the year unless I'm reminded, so one is enough.
ImageImage

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:33 am

Oh, another KM huh?

Then you really want to join the CBS league, it is a set it and forget type league. KM won CBS last year without making a change after his first picks last season.

Me, I like to fiddle with my teams.

Besides, I'll give weekly updates and reminders in this thread all season long.

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:01 am

Can I not do that with the Yahoo group?
ImageImage

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:42 am

Nope, you can only use a driver 9 times (I think it is 9) during the season on Yahoo.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am

Labbie wrote:Nope, you can only use a driver 9 times (I think it is 9) during the season on Yahoo.
9 times each portion. And there are 2.

Great Labbie, got my e-mails and will get them set soon. And Just about the same time I was setting up a Yahoo one. Ill just open it up to public and run 2 there. LOL

Just send invites my way for any you set up Labbie. Will get in them. Im not sure where there are anymore. Well free ones anyway. But if I happen to come across them, will let ya know.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:24 am

danielmid wrote:Ill forget about it for most of the year unless I'm reminded, so one is enough.
I resemble that remark. :smt023

Nothing wrong with the Set it and Forget it type of leagues. :-)

Yahell is one of those where have to actually pay attention. Give me a league that I can win without doing anything after the first week...and I'm a happy reaper.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:37 pm

FoxSports is now accepting teams.

This is one where you REALLY have to pay attention. You can only use a driver 4 times per segment, qualifying counts, and you drop your 3 lowest scores per segment.

It helps if you know who is good at what type of track so you can pace yourself.

I haven't created a league yet, because I KNOW KM won't be coming into this one, thought I'd wait and see if anyone else was interested in this game (that I dominated last year).

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:02 am

Plan on it myself Labbie. Just send me an invite to any you set up. Ready to go.

With Fantasy Football over with. Im going nutty without a Fantasy. LOL. If Football would go another month, I could almost have a full year of Fantasy something.

Rick

danielmid

Post by danielmid » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 am

Which seems appropriate since you're always off in your own little fantasy world Buga.
ImageImage

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 pm

From Jayski.com:
Go or Go Home Drivers to Qualify Together; NASCAR to Provide Tires for Tests: Michael Waltrip suggested last season that drivers outside the top 35 in owners' points should be allowed to qualify together so nobody would have an advantage in track conditions. NASCAR officials must have listened. The governing body kicked off its annual media tour by announcing that those outside the top 35 in all three series -- Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series and Craftsman Truck Series -- will qualify at the end of their respective session. It also was announced that teams will be provided tires for testing at non-sanctioned NASCAR tests. Sprint Cup teams will be given 200 tires, Nationwide teams 160 and Craftsman Truck Series teams 120.(ESPN.com)(1-21-2008)

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 pm

ESPN Makes Changes to its 2008 Broadcast Team

Oh well, it's a start anyway...there are still a couple of changes and at least one removal needed, IMO.

And the opinion of The Daly Planet and its readers. There apparently were a lot of flame posts in the comments area.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:21 am

Well...D.J. was pretty good in the races I heard him call ( Busch Series? ) so he will be a step up from Wallace's blatant arrogance.

Bestwick should have gone into the booth....but we are gonna have to take what we can get I guess.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:10 am

Humpy TV premieres Feb. 12 at 9ET on SPEED!!!

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Another set it & forget it league, KM & I are in already.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/st ... &password=

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:29 am

Fair warning.....they make it easy to choose your drivers....but they don't make it easy to stay under the money limit....lol

I wound up taking a couple of fliers on Montoya and Carpentier.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:33 pm

ESPN's Stock Car Challenge is ready.

Take the link, log in (or create an account if you don't have one), create a team, choose a group.

The group is Calm Chaos, the password is calm.

Link to group: http://games.espn.go.com/stockcar/group?groupID=1828

This is the set-it and forget-it ESPN game.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 pm

The Inside Nextel Cup show with Mikey, Kenny, Da Biff and Despain is no more.

To be replaced with This Week In NASCAR (and you can still get your weekly Schrader fix!!!).

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:43 am

Labbie wrote:ESPN's Stock Car Challenge is ready.

Take the link, log in (or create an account if you don't have one), create a team, choose a group.

OK. Got in that one. Is there still a couple we did last year that we haven't made it into yet? Which one was the Vs' league? What about Pick Em'? I kinda like that one. But it is one that needs to be set weekly.

Getting closer. Will be super ready after sunday. LOL

I hope the new show is good. I loved INC. I liked all the extra about the race. But who knows, might like the new one better. Gonna give it a chance.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:52 am

Buga1 wrote:
Labbie wrote:ESPN's Stock Car Challenge is ready.

OK. Got in that one. Is there still a couple we did last year that we haven't made it into yet? Which one was the Vs' league? What about Pick Em'? I kinda like that one. But it is one that needs to be set weekly.

Getting closer. Will be super ready after sunday. LOL

I hope the new show is good. I loved INC. I liked all the extra about the race. But who knows, might like the new one better. Gonna give it a chance.

Rick
I'm sure more of the "little" leagues will pop up over the next 17 (count 'em, 17) days 'til the 500!!!

And I think Steve Byrnes is a great addition to the new show's lineup. As the host of Trackside on Fridays, he has to corral DW, Larry Mac, Hammond, and Elliot Sadler (plus guests) and does it well. He has learned how to let things run away and how to quickly bring them back in line. He'll need all that talent with Mikey and Schrader. :smt023

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 am

WOOHOO!!!! I am all OVER the Set it and Forget it leagues. :-)

I am all Hendrick's in my top 3....then Montoya and Mikey.

Mikey should be better than last season ( can't be WORSE ) and Montoya is gonna have a pretty good season methinks.

17 DAYS TIL THE 500!!!!!!!! :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:21 am

Montoya was fastest at Las Vegas testing, even (unofficially) broke the track qualifying lap record by 2 MPH.

In a COT!!! And they say it doesn't drive well. They just needed more time with it. Hendrick domination may be over.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:34 am

The utter domination may be over....but I am still willing to bet that HMS still has a VERY good season.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Return to “Team Activities”