NASCAR Fantasy Leagues 2007

Anything related to activities for the team.
Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:02 am

Nice. Let's start the chase immediately after a crappy track like that one. Great idea.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:52 pm

Postponed again until tomorrow, 10AM EDT. [smilie=drogar-cry(dbg).gif]

They just about had the track dry when it started raining again.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 am

Chance of rain ( according to the forecasts ) for tomorrow is only 30%. They just might be able to get the race in. I would be willing to bet that it will be one of those " Official after halfway " type deals though.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Wallace to sub for Petty at Bristol, so due to owner's points, Kenny is IN!!!

Can't remember who said it, but racing at Bristol "is like flying jet fighters in a basketball arena"; high banks, half-mile, 15 second laps, Saturday night short track racing at its best. Does it get better than this?

Most of the top drivers are good here, Gordon, Stewart, Kenseth, Harvick, Burton, both Buschs. If you're looking for a cheap pick, Labonte usually runs well here, who is coming off a 9th place finish at Michigan.

KM, go to FoxSports, your current picks have run out of eligibility.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:08 pm

Yahoo lock sin the wee hours Friday morning, Foxsports locks at 3 PM EDT Friday.

By The Numbers

Power Rankings

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:26 am

Bristol should be even better now. They have torn up the old concrete and put in new " graded " banking. Less banking at the bottom...more at the top. They are saying that it's going to make for MUCH more side by side racing.

Should be interesting.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Bristol wrap up and Fontana Teaser

Bristol was (apparently) a great race, too bad you couldn't tell much from ESPN's coverage. :smt017 While it was better than the Friday night Busch fiasco, it still left a lot to be desired. There was a 108% increase in green flag passing (~950 in the spring race to ~2150 Saturday), and about a 500% decease in crashes (my own fun estimate {no research invovled, just to get the next statement in as a funny}, and if you take David Ragan out of that mix (3 spins on his own, finally hitting the wall and retiring), it might have been 1000%.

[RANT ON]
The Monotone Twins (Punch & Wallace) in the booth just have no chemistry at all. Punch needs to go back to pit reporting and bring Bestwick up to the booth. Rusty just needs to go away. Petree is OK (and improving), but I get the feeling that a lot of the time he's thinking "WHY did they put me up here with these two?" Rusty is, well, Rusty. If you liked him as a driver, you probably like him in the booth. But to me, he's always been such an arrogant prick, and that's all the personality he has. Don't get me wrong, Good Ol' DW has the same personality, but at least he is entertaining and he does actually watch the race instead of just the monitors. It amazes me how many times DW alerts the production crew where a crash or a pass is. Rusty (and the rest in the booth) don't see anything unless it is on their monitors.

ESPN has either just forgotten how to cover a race, or has the worst luck in broadcasting. They miss damn near everything that happens (whether they're in a commercial break or not), don't update who did what after pit stops, and never let us know what happened to whom unless they're in the Chase spots or Jr or Montoya. And we're gonna get 8 YEARS of them!!!
[RANT OFF]

Anyway (I feel better now, thank you for asking), CONGRATS to Carl for his win, and Kasey for running a strong 2nd. Is Ray getting grease on his hands again now that he's got a partner that can run the business side of things? We'll see in Fontana. But then again, Riggs finished 18th and Sadler 29th. Maybe they got caught with a caution after making a green flag pit stop? I wouldn't know, see RANT above.

AND, if you had taken my advice about Labonte, you would have gotten an 8th place finish (too bad I didn't listen to myself). That's 2 top 10s in a row for Labonte, the first such achievement for Petty Enterprises since 1999 (IIRC), with John Andretti. And since Fontana is a twin to Michigan, he might just make it three. But it will be MUCH hotter in Fontana (even at night) than it was in Michigan. Those that finished in the top 10 in Michigan, will be the ones to bet on in Fontana.

Yeley, Stremme, and Sorenson all had respectable finishes too, 13th, 14th, and 15th respectively.

Fantasy League Report

Congrats to Buga for beating tonydennyjj on NASCAR.com. I lost to The Evil One (Evil Cartman), but it might have been different if Kenseth hadn't crashed out. He was running 10th - 12th most of the night. And KM beat Gator2112, whoop-de-frickin'-doo, 3 cars against 1. OK, I guess it's still possible to lose to him, but it would take a really bad day. :smt023

Mediocre week for the rest of the leagues, we all scratched this week (so far) on FoxSports (although Buga and I tied amongst the 3 of us), I won CBS, Yahoo, and POUNDED you both on ESPN Stock Car Challenge with 726 (but failed to make the overall leaderboard for the week). KM wins the Driver Pickem' with 7, too bad you haven't kept up on it all season, you might just be in the lead. Buga came in second with 6, and I brought up the rear with 4. But I still have a commanding lead of 5 in the overall segment standings. Just 2 weeks left in the segment on both ESPN leagues, then the Chase begins. @TL, you're welcome to come back and join us if you'd like.

Chase Report

While it is still possible that Jr and Newman could make the Chase, it is not probable. I think the field is set, just what the order will be is the thing. Only 180 points separate 6th (Johnson) to 12th (Kurt). And Kurt is only 8 points behind Truex, who is only 1 point behind Harvick, who is only 56 points behind Bowyer. Jr is 158 behind Kurt with Newman dogging him just 17 points back. Kurt just has to finish 15th in each of the next two races no matter what Jr does (win both races, lead the most laps, sell hotdogs to the fans, etc.) to keep his spot. And with the roll Kurt has been on, it's just not likely. Bowyer and Harvick have been the two dropping of late, but Bowyer solidified his position with a 3rd place finish and Harvick finished a respectable 16th after having some problems (and punting Robby Gordon on the last lap). Not to say that it can't happen (Jr and Newman getting in), that's why they actually run the races.

SPEED will cover practice and qualifying again this week on Friday, due to ESPN being overbooked. Thank the lord for Junior League Softball and College Football getting in the way on Friday and letting us have SPEED.

Race time is 8PM EDT Sunday. For you EDT people, it could be a late night. We've got all day to get our chores done before the race. No Excuses. :smt038

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:14 pm

Just noticed that the Busch race is Saturday night at 10 EDT. You Eastern time zone people will be grumpy Sunday morning, won't you? :smt003

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:08 am

Nice wrap up there Labbie. Almost didn't need to watch the race. LMAO Labbie needs on Speed Channel. Love the Rant. Didn't have to Rant myself. LMAO

Has been a fun year in the Fantasy so-far. Have a few good weeks, then several bad ones. A couple Leagues are getting harder and harder to set. And I hate how CBS resets if changing 1 driver. LOL

Sweet 2 nights of racing late. Trucks Friday night? Wifes gonna kill me. LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:29 am

Trucks in St. Louis, 5 EDT Saturday.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:00 am

Thanxs Labbie. I was gonna go look, but then forgot. Until you posted it. LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:51 am

At least Michael Waltrip Racing can win SOMETHING...(from jayski.com)

MWR repeats and wins softball title: Michael Waltrip Racing Won the 2007 Season Championship in Bob Hubner's Totally Racin' Softball League. Not only did MWR defend their 2006 Title they went undefeated. Nine other Teams competed for the title: Joe Gibbs Racing, Team Red Bull, Roush Fenway Racing, Evernham Motorsports, Richard Childress Racing, Hendrick Motorsports 1, Hendrick Motorsports 2, Michael Waltrip Racing 2, Stock Car Steel/SRI. For more League and Team information visit racecityresumes.com/softball.(8-29-2007)

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:00 pm

One man's protest against ESPN (9 min 40 sec)

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Maybe it's just me....but that dude doesn't seem pleased....lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:52 pm

You mean I could have waited and watched that 9 Min clip instead of 3 hours of horse puckie. Got about the same info. LMAO.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:53 pm

TV Coverage

Well, ESPN improved their coverage this week from last, but it still sucked. I still can't believe that Rusty is allowed on the air, that Brewer is allowed outside during the daylight, and that Musberger has not been locked up for being senile.

Next week won't be any better, except that Musberger will be replaced by Suzy Kolber. Not sure if that will be an improvement or not (NOT).

Race Recap

As the sun set over the Inland Empire, Johnson took over and ran away with the race. Newman blew it for me on 3 leagues, but you can't have everything. Jr ran his heart out, finished 5th and closed in on 12th place in the standings, just over 100 points out. Harvick fell to 12th, continuing his recent slide. But did finish 14th, his best effort in about 5 weeks. Ricky Rudd's 900th start ended early with a crash, and will not drive at Richmond due to a shoulder injury. some rumors have Kenny Wallace replacing him this week, and possibly in 2008.

Fantasy Report

I beat Buga on NASCAR.com (thanks to Newman's problems), KM beat The Evil One. The Evil One will be hard to beat down the stretch, he has Jr, Gordon, Harvick and Kurt Busch sitting in reserve (the bastard wouldn't trade Busch to me a couple of months ago, before he was performing). KM has 4 wins in a row there.

KM won CBS and ESPN's Stock Car Challenge. Makes a difference when all your guys get in the race, huh?

Buga killed us on Yahoo. KM, your team needs attention there.

Buga won the Driver Pick'em, reducing my segment lead down to 3.

I won Foxsports handily. I moved into the top 700 overall. Buga, same message to you here, your team needs some help.

Last week of the segment coming up on both ESPN leagues, we'll probably have to reset everything next week.

And on a personal note, I've been playing NACAR.com's Streak To The Finish game all year, and finally paid attention to the results. I've had 10 straight weeks of picking top 10 finishers (no repeat picks during a streak). This makes me tied for 3rd overall in the Current Streak, 2 picks down. I know I'm running out of people to pick, everyone else should be too. I still have Bowyer, Burton, Jr, Martin (although he's hasn't been running as well lately), Truex, and a surprisingly resurgent Kahne, left in my picks (of the ones I think are possible to finish top 10).

Next Race: Richmond

Last Race To The Chase, 3/4 mile high banked short-track Saturday Night. Car Of Tomorrow Race. Both Busch's, Kahne, Edwards, Gordon, Kenseth, and Jr should be the favorites. But watch out for those locked in the Chase on your picks, they may be experimenting rather than racing for a win. Harvick, Bowyer, and Truex all need a good run to stay in the Chase. Kahne and Jr have nothing to lose, they'll both be going all out.

Silly Season News

Gibbs going to Toyota in 2008, since The Shrub (Kyle Busch) let the cat out of the bag last weekend, the news conference for the official announcement is scheduled for tomorrow. He's not even an official member of the team yet, and he's already spreading secrets. Wonder how coach Gibbs feels about that? It was the Worst Kept Secret in Nascar, to Kyle's benefit.

Staubach & Aikman sell majority ownership in Hall of Fame Racing (#96) to the owners of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Who have promised no major changes to the team.

Oops, except for that one major change, Tony Raines is out as driver in 2008, J.J. Yeley is in. If you didn't see that Phoenix (Yeley's home town) connection coming over the last couple of days, you just weren't looking. Hall of Fame is also supposed to go to Toyota, since they have close ties to Gibbs.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlin ... index.html

Jr & Jr to stay together. Tony Eury Jr has been signed for 2008 and beyond to be Dale Jr's crew chief on the 25 (or the yet to be determined number) car. What, you say, I thought he was going to the 5 team? Nope. Mears has been moved to the 5 with Alan Gustafson as crew chief. Darrien Grubb, the current crew chief for the 25 team will move into a position overseeing both the 5 & 25 teams.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlin ... index.html

Bobby Labonte, fresh off three finishes of 11th or better, starts his 500th career race Saturday. And could make another top 10 this week.

And Finally, the CMT documentary "Dale" premieres tonight on CMT (country Music Television) at 8 PM EDT, with replays the rest of the week. This is the first "official" documentary/movie release endorsed by both the Earnhardt family and Richard Childress.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Entry List for Richmond: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2007/entrie ... -entry.htm

Mark Martin is in this week after a 2 week layoff, Blaney dropped to 36th in Owner's Points after Fontana so he has to qualify his way in.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:30 pm

KM killed us on ESPN's Stock Car Challenge, he got 777 points. Which I believe is the highest weekly point total we've had there all season.

But alas, he did not make the weekly leader board. Would you believe that 8 people actually picked the first 5 positions, including Ragan & Sauter?

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Geeze. Go figure. I have a good week without even paying attention...and I STILL get beat by some very lucky guesses...lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:33 am

I know how you feel, it's happened to us all.

I had a really good run going on Foxsports (all 4 in the top 12 or so), until Junior blew his emgine with less than 10 laps to go, and after that Kyle Busch faded back to 20th.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm

You've got to reset your picks on ESPN's Stock Car Challenge.

With the new segment, they've wiped your existing team. So, unless you want a big fat ZERO, don't forget.

Entry list for Loudon: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2007/entrie ... -entry.htm (those in red must qualify on time)

Schrader is back in the #21 Woods Brothers car this week.

Boris Said is in a 4th Evernham car, the #98, this week, and must qualify on time.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:15 am

Guess I better get over there and fix it. LOL

Got Nascar, and now 5 leagues of Football. Weeeeeeeee. LMAO

Glad, at least, Labbie gives me a reminder of the Nascar. Thank you. :smt023

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:53 pm

Final reminder to set your teams. FoxSports locks at 3 PM EDT Friday. Buga if you haven't changed this one since last week, you need to take a look at your team.

Yahoo locks in the wee hours Friday morning; Buga & KM, you both need to take a look at this one if you haven't already made changes this week.

ESPN wiped out your teams this week to start a new segment, but you have until almost race time on Sunday to set your team.

Hamlin has the best finishing average at Loudon, with an average finish of 3.7, and has never finished worse than 6th, and won the first race at this track this year.

Bowyer has the worst finishing average of the Chasers.

Kurt Busch has the next worst average, but did sweep both races here in 2004 (on his way to a championship). Kurt got a 2nd in the spring in 2005, but has only a 19th, a 21st, and two runs in the 30s since then.

Harvick won the fall race in 2006, was 8th in the first race this year. Harvick traditionally does better here in the fall than the spring.

Jeff Gordon was 3rd last year and 2nd in the first race this year.

Johnson was 5th in the first race this year and has 3 of the last 4 in the top 10, but the other one was a 39th.

Burton has 3 straight 7th place finishes at Loudon. A slot machine win if nothing else. :smt003

Truex was 3rd in the first race this year, but has barely cracked the top 20 in his other two starts at Loudon.

Stewart was 2nd last fall, but 12th in the first race this year. He won it and finished 2nd in 2005.

Edwards has finished 2nd here in the past, but is usually around 15th.

Kenseth, in the last 10 races here has only one finish outside the top 10, and that was a 14th. 4 of those finishes have been in the top 5.

If I've missed someone you're interested in, go here and take a look.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:19 pm

John Andretti initially makes the race on time in the #49 BAM Racing car, but his time is disallowed due to the car being too low.

Which means BORIS MAKES THE RACE!!! Saidheads rejoice!!!

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:41 am

Buga wins big in qualifying, 110 points on FoxSports and 19 on Yahoo.

BTW, 19 on yahoo is max qualifying points, you got the top 4 qualifiers. 143 is max on FoxSports (and yes, 9 people got the top 5).

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:26 am

As I stated elsewhere, Buga jinxed me with his kind words regarding MOTW. :smt021

Got beat on CBS by DWW who only had 3 drivers in the race. :smt076

WTF happened to Hamlin? He ran like crap all day. Guess that 3.7 average finish at Loudon is gonna drop big time. :smt023

Harvick and Kurt (and Hamlin) killed me on ESPN Stock Car Challenge. But I blame Buga (or Misfit, take your pick). :smt003

Only Buga and I were in the Driver Pick'em this week, and we usually do decent to pretty good. We got 5 between us. Out of a possible 20. And Buga only got 1. Payback!!! :smt021

Buga crushed us on Yahoo, taking his top 4 qualifiers and parlaying that into 287 points. Too bad you didn't activate Bowyer over Busch, you really would have dominated and probably made the leaderboard. :smt044

But on Foxsports, I won (between the 3 of us at least) with 535 points, which was enough to move me into the top 300 overall for this segment. [smilie=wav.gif]

And finally on NASCAR.com, we all won this week, I beat GatorJ420, who only had 2 drivers in the race. I had 1st, 7th, and 22nd. Labonte had a bad day. KM beat tonydennyjj with 4th, 5th and 8th. And Buga beat The Evil One with 6th, 9th, and 13th. Good runs for Newman and Biffle. Which puts me 2 back from The Evil One tied with tonydennyjj, and Buga two back of us and KM one more back. This league is tightening up for the Chase. :smt075

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:02 am

It's Wednesday, Dale Jr's favorite news conference day. And he had one today announcing he'll be in the #88 car next year with Amp energy drink, Mountain Dew, and the National Guard as his primary sponsors. If you've been paying attention for the last week or so, this is not news, just an official announcement.

Yates Racing gave up the #88 and is rumored to be going back the #28 made famous by Davey Allison and Texaco, among others, which was the number of the current #38 just a few years ago. The #28 hasn't been used for several years, due to a legal issue when (IIRC) Rudd left there and Sadler came in and M&M's was involved and Texaco left. Anyway, that's when Yates started using the #38. Jr can (and did) thank sister Kelly for working out the number deal. She called Yates asking about the #28, and ended up with the #88, which is also Jr's JR Motorsports Busch series number.

And yes, you can already purchase Jr's next year gear, so you can show up at Daytona ready to go.

And if you're a Bud fan instead of going with of Jr, you can save some of your gear by scratching off the lower left side of the "8" to make it a "9", because Bud is Kasey's sponsor next year; this was announced Tuesday.

We go from The Magic Mile in Loudon to The Monster Mile in Dover. Congrats to Bowyer for a dominating first win. And for the first time since the early 1970's all 43 cars were running at the finish. Vickers finished last, 35 laps down.

Pick all the Chaser's that you can. The same cast of characters last week should be the best this week. Last week the top 7 (Bowyer, Gordon, Stewart, Kyle Busch, Truex, Johnson, and Kenseth) were all Chaser's. Mears, Newman, and Yeley filled out the top 10. Look for Kurt Busch, Harvick and Edwards to be back in the running again too. Busch had carb problems, Harvick had two flats during the race, and Edwards took a virtually untested backup car to a 13th place finish.

Wallace is again entered in the #88 (Rudd's injury from a couple of weeks ago must be worse than originally thought), Schrader is in the #21 again (or still, depends on your point of view), and Sam Hornish makes a 2nd attempt to make a Cup race for Penske. Mark Martin is back this week too.
Unoffical Entry List from Jayski. Go or Go Homer's are in RED.

Yahoo locks in wee hours Friday morning, FoxSports locks at 3:10 Friday afternoon. The rest lock Sunday around race time.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 am

DAMN IT!! I accidently hit the "back" button halfway thru this post and lost everything.

Well, The Monster Mile lived up to its name, it was a monstrosity both on the track and in the production booth.

How could ESPN do such a great job Saturday with the Busch series and screw it all up on Sunday with the Cup race? No (or very little) use of the gadgets ESPN is so proud of on Saturday, overkill with it on Sunday. Brad Daugherty was in the booth with Punch and Rusty Saturday and did very well. Spent his timje doing homework and talking to everyone in the pits. He'll be back next week subbing for Rusty. Thank God, a race without Rusty.

Sunday was the normal crew of Punch, Rusty and Andy. Andy did his normal good job, Punch sounded tired (maybe the Busch race kept him up too late, he is 406 years old you know), and Rusty was his usual arrogant self. Hey Rusty, it's not always because of aero-loose, sometimes they are just plain loose. Especially in the COT.

And BTW, if you were watching the Cup race on the eastern/central time zone feed, you missed it. On the mountain and pacific feeds, at lap 31 the race went to commercial. For those of us out west, when the commercial break ended we were subjected to a replay of the first segment of NASCAR Countdown (with Suzy and Brad!!). Countdown played for 4 or 5 minutes then finished the segment and went to commercial. The commercial break was interrupted by, of all things, A CUP RACE, now on lap 57 or so. No explanation, no apology, no nothin'!!!

Edwards won on Sunday, with Biffle, Jr, Martin, Kyle Busch, and Mears filling out the top 6, all that was on the lead lap. Kenseth dominated but blew up late, and kudos to Truex for taking all the car would give after being involved in a late crash and finishing 13th. He was black flagged on the last lap for parts falling off the car.

However, Edwards failed post race inspection for being too low on the right rear. They won't take the win away from him, but expect him to lose 25 points tomorrow or Wednesday. That's what happened to the last couple of cars that failed in this way. It apparently was not intentional, but nothing they did would bring up that corner.

Kyle Petty and Hamlin had a little verbal jousting session in the garage area after Hamlin appeared to get impatient and punted Petty. But he messed up his own car in the process and finished way back in the pack.

Congrats to KM for winning on CBS. And double congrats to TL for coming in 2nd, with only 4 drivers. Buga was 3rd, I was 4th, and DWW filled out the field. Honestly, I kept waiting for CBS to update the leaderboard for several hours until I realized they already had. I just didn't have anyone that finished on the lead lap. LOL

Buga and I scratched on FoxSports, KM had the best in the league with 549, but he's still back in 4th place, almost 400 points behind me. :smt038

KM beat Buga on NASCAR.com while I got crushed by tonydennyjj.

Buga again dominated on Yahoo and is now 9 points ahead of me for this segment overall. KM is a distant 3rd on Yahoo, but he has had some issues with getting his drivers selected.

Driver Pick'em was another bust for us all, and congrats to KM for remembering to make picks. Buga and I each had 4, KM had 3 correct picks.

Stock Car Challenge was another fiasco for me, but KM won the week with Buga 2nd.

This week is at Kansas, you going Buga? Kansas is another 1.5 mile cookie cutter track with the regular car. It should be a little more predictable this week.

And Buga, I know you waited until Sunday night to declare the next MOTW (congrats again Murph) just to continue the jinx against me. Well it worked, don't do that anymore. You made your point. Watch out KM, he'll come after you soon. :smt023

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:39 am

Watch out KM, he'll come after you soon.
Nahhh.....It will most likely be quite a while before I get MOTW again. After all...I was " dead " last the last time through....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 pm

LOL Labbie. Wasn't on purpose. LOL. Maybe.

Would love to go to the race. One year I will. I had a choice of tickets to that or the Chiefs game, for my B-day. And I love both but football is my #1. So I went with the Chiefs tickets on the 7th.

Gonna go out still around town to a few places where drivers are supposed to be, hopefully. Depends. LOL

So you should get a good win this week, hummmmm. How can we jinxs it KM.? LOL Since we still need some help in areas.

It was either, short ya by 2 days, or extend it a day. Guess I went the right way. LMAO. Sorry was annv. this past weekend so......

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 pm

No worries Buga (yeah, right), I won't hold it against you for too long.

Late Happy Anniversary and Early Brithday wishes to you. [smilie=party.gif]

Here's a link to a vid on YouTube that shows what those of us in the Mountain/Pacific timezones saw between laps 35 and 53 Sunday. This is by the same guy that summarized the Bristol race in less than 10 minutes.

It's not complete, but it gives you an idea.

Entry list for Kansas. Jon Wood will be attempting the race in the #(1)47, coming off his medical problems from this summer and a 3rd place finish in the truck race Saturday. I've heard that Bill Elliot will be driving the #21 again, but every entry list I've seen shows Schrader in that car. No other surprises that I see in the entry list.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Although the entry list shows Ricky Rudd back driving the #88 this week, Kenny Wallace will again sub for him at Kansas. It was thought that Rudd would return, but since Kenny considers Kansas to be his home track (for Cup at least) he will again be driving the #88 this week. From Jayski.com.

A little further down the same page acknowledges that Yates will bring back the #28 next year for Travis Kvapil.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:07 pm

2008 Sprint Cup Schedule has been announced.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Chat with former Daytona 500 winners.

See article

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:06 am

Get your picks in for Kansas, yahoo locks in the wee hour Friday morning, FoxSports locks at 3pm EDT.

Kansas is a 1.5 mile cookie cutter track, most similar to Chicago.

Jeffie Poo, Stewart, and Johnson are the way to go. Truex, Bowyer, Martin, and Busch the Younger are good choices too.

Surprisingly, Kenseth and Busch the Elder are not all that great here, but Busch has won here and Kenseth has a couple of top 5's. You can't count either of them out, but...

Hamlin has the worst average amonst the Chaser's here (2 races only) at 25th, Bowyer has the best average (1 race) at 6th, followed closely by Stewart with a 6.5 average finish in 6 races with one win (2006). Jeffie Poo is the only multiple winner here (he won the first 2 races here) but hasn't won here in 4 years. And in fact, has not done all that well in the last 4 attempts. But he's on a roll this year and his consistency is back. Burton got his first top 10 here last year.

Joe Nemechek won here as the first non-Chaser to win a Chase event in 2004 in the 01 Army car, look for Martin to be good, as should Jr.

Return to “Team Activities”