NASCAR Fantasy Leagues 2007

Anything related to activities for the team.
Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Busch Series Steven Wallace Watch....

If you picked him to hit the wall leaving pit road (under caution) just before halfway...YOU WIN!!!!

Too bad Rusty isn't calling this race, I'd love to hear him justify that one (well, not that bad, considering he is a crappy announcer).

And the Tasmanian is leading!!!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Exciting finish to the Busch race. If you didn't see it, you really should watch the replay. It will be talked about all week.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:51 pm

Yeah, That was crazy. I just knew that Robby was going to get him. You could see it coming.

I wanted to see and hear more about it. Nothing yet. Can't wait though.

At least Ambrose was still in top Ten.

Heard Robby say something like He (Ambrose) slowed down to much. Or something similar. IMO I think it was more he just wanted to wreck him. Looked like he took a different line than he had before just to get him. Granted Ambrose kinda started it. But all the bumping he (R. Gordon) keep doing during the yellow flag was uncalled for I thought. 3 or 4 times I seen, probly more.

Labbie you find any info post the links, if you dont mind. You seem to be the finder of great things. lol

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:37 am

Here's the first Buga, straight from NASCAR.com (and ESPN has the exact same AP story)

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlin ... index.html

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:12 am

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:04 am

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:14 pm

According to NASCAR Now (which is suspect in itself, the fact that I'm watching it :smt021 ), Robby Gordon is suspended and can not drive in Pocono. P.J. Jones will drive the #7.

Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's VP of Competition, announced the news.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:16 pm

Just a few hours left to make changes, don't forget.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Man, Kurt had a car today. WOW

Think I got beat by everyone on CBS. LOL Got a win on Nascar though. But the guy im playing this week has 2 missing.

Just still watching ESPN coverage. LOL. Wrapping up what we saw. They suck. Kinda changed like 3 stories, wronglly. Laughed my butt off when the said Jr spun from a hole in the tire and then was showing the Flat spot from sliding. Saying that was why it was flat. LMAO Wasn't even flat. Gotta love it.

Rick

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Id say after reading and seeing more of the Bush race, Robby was kinda screwed.

I don't think he had the lead when the yellow came out, but he,at least, should have been 2nd. Not 13,17th whatever. Even if he thinks its wrong (which probly was), he sould have done what he was told. For that, penalty. But with other things Nascar has done, whos knows anymore.

I do think though he took out Ambrose on purpose. But I think that would have probly have happened to anyone ahead of him with 4 laps to go. Just lost his cool more with Nascar wanting him to move back and Ambrose spinning him. But I think everyone seen that coming. Sean (my 13 yearold) was watching the race with me. I said "hes gonna be taking out by the 3rd or 4th corner". He was like how do you know? Told him just watch. LOL

Would have been kool to see Ambrose go wide and let Robby have the spot. Wonder if Robby would have went out of the way to get him. Just hated to see Harvick when it. Thought he made a few not so good judgement calls too.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:50 pm

Finally had a good week everywhere.

Beat KM on NASCAR.com, it might've been different if he had brought Mears off the bench. Naw, not really.

724 on CBS. Beat KM in 2nd by 98 points. And yeah Buga, you came in last.

639 on Foxsports, and vaulted back into 1st place in the league and jumped ~2000 places overall to 807th.

8 out of 10 on Driver Pick'em. 680 on the other ESPN league.

300 on Yahoo. You beat me on this one Buga.

And KM, you really need to take a look at Yahoo and FoxSports.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:55 pm

Buga1 wrote:Id say after reading and seeing more of the Bush race, Robby was kinda screwed.

I don't think he had the lead when the yellow came out, but he,at least, should have been 2nd. Not 13,17th whatever. Even if he thinks its wrong (which probly was), he sould have done what he was told. For that, penalty. But with other things Nascar has done, whos knows anymore.

I do think though he took out Ambrose on purpose. But I think that would have probly have happened to anyone ahead of him with 4 laps to go. Just lost his cool more with Nascar wanting him to move back and Ambrose spinning him. But I think everyone seen that coming. Sean (my 13 yearold) was watching the race with me. I said "hes gonna be taking out by the 3rd or 4th corner". He was like how do you know? Told him just watch. LOL

Would have been kool to see Ambrose go wide and let Robby have the spot. Wonder if Robby would have went out of the way to get him. Just hated to see Harvick when it. Thought he made a few not so good judgement calls too.

Rick
Yeah, robby kinda got screwed, but he did the worst damage to himself by not obeying the call. He could have made up several positions in the last laps and gotten a much better finish than 18th, and gotten to race today too.

NASCAR penalized him not so much for the spin, but for racing and passing Ambrose under the caution. The request for him to go back to 13th was a penalty for that.

At least, that's what I understood from all the interviews during the pre-race shows.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:43 am

I know Labbie, but I have had exactly ZERO spare time for much of anything the last couple of weeks. Been working almost ( it seems ) constantly.

I will go there and take a look later if I can stay awake.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:21 am

Knightmare wrote:
I know Labbie, but I have had exactly ZERO spare time for much of anything the last couple of weeks. Been working almost ( it seems ) constantly.

I will go there and take a look later if I can stay awake.
It's up to you, I just want to beat your ass fair and square.
I'll say no more about it. :smt023

But you really got screwed on Yahoo today...No, I said I'd be quiet... :smt038

And if you'd put Mears in instead of Blaney or Truex....Oops, I'll be quiet now... :smt017

And you're about to use up everyone that's active on FoxSports up. :smt021

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:38 am

I know you want to beat me fairly.

I promise to try to do better. I have to get rid of some drivers on Yahoo cuz I have used them up.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:43 pm

From jayski.com, the Cup at The Glen entry list: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2007/entrie ... -entry.htm

Mark Martin is NOT racing at The Glen.

Notice at the bottom, Said is not entered yet, but is expected to.

And the other entry at the bottom? The #77, driven by Marcos Ambrose, owned by Robby Gordon?

Well, Ambrose is not running the second Woods Brother's car, as seen here: http://www.jayski.com/teams/47.htm,

Come on, I can't make this stuff up... http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7099392

And Carpentier subs for Riggs: http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7099352

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:18 am

Boris is now on the entry list. Now all he has to do is pray for clear skies.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:22 am

Yeah no kidding. Hopefully, he won't get washed out of qualifying again.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:52 pm

Weekly reminder to set your teams (yes, this means you KM).

We're racing at Watkins Glen this week, road racing at its best.

Yahoo locks at 5 AM EDT Friday for team selections, FoxSports at 3 PM EDT Friday.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Ambrose is now on the entry list for Watkins Glen in the #77 car owned by Robby Gordon.

Terry Labonte is driving the #55, subbing for Waltrip.

P.J. Jones is driving the #00 for Reutimann.

Klaus Graf is in the #49 for BAM Racing (who still can't settle on a driver since releasing Mike Bliss)

Ron Fellows is subbing for Tony Raines in the #96.

Already posted that Patrick Carpentier is subbing for Scott Riggs. Carpentier did finish 2nd to Harvick last week in Montreal, so he knows how a stock car handles. Could be a good low end pick.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Qualifying rained out. Field set by Owner's points.

Boris, Marcos did not make the field, but Kenny did!!!

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007/22 ... ineup.html

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:30 am

DAMMIT!!!! I set up with Marcos too!!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN

Ya know....it totally BLOWS ASS that I am at work when they are qualifying and the leagues lock. :smt011
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:09 am

Knightmare wrote:DAMMIT!!!! I set up with Marcos too!!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN

Ya know....it totally BLOWS ASS that I am at work when they are qualifying and the leagues lock. :smt011
The only leagues that are locked right now are Yahoo and FoxSports and you don't have him in either of those. You can still dump Marcos on NASCAR.com and pick up someone else. I had Said there and dropped him toinight and picked up Robby. McMurray is still available.

But on Yahoo you do need to go make some changes just so you field a full team.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:22 am

They need to do something about that. (rain-outs) The little teams have no chance anymore. Didn't hurt me anywhere, but I like seeing the underdogs do good.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Breaking News

Boris driving the #21 Wood Brothers car, replacing Bill Elliot in a desparate attempt to make it into the Top 35 in Owner's points.

Just heard it on SPEED's NASCAR Live show.

I already got rid of Boris everywhere and I don't know if the leagues will be able to update this in time (the ones that haven't locked yet anyway).

[EDIT]Even NASCAR.com's Live Leaderboard is showing the 21 car as being driven by Bill, but Bill is in street clothes and they just showed Boris getting out of the car. Wondered why Bill was 8th in average speed. :smt023 [/EDIT]

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 pm

I'd like to thank both Buga and KM for beating their respective opponents on NASCAR.com at the Glen. Kept me close to them. :smt023

Kept me close to tonydenny and Evil Cartman, I mean.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Your welcome Labbie, glad I could help. LMAO

Loved that small fight JPM and Harvick had. You could see the wreck coming right from the restart. Overall not a bad race.

Sure didn't think Gordon was gonna lose it that close to the finish.

Michigan next week. I think. LOL Kinda like that track. Not as much as the short track night races. But should be a good one. Coming down the strecth. There are 3 more left until finall 12 are set, right?

Looks like your just kicking our butts Labbie. I think KM and I need a handicap. LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 pm

4 races left before the Chase.

Michigan, Bristol (YEAH), Fontana, then Richmond.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 am

Looks like your just kicking our butts Labbie. I think KM and I need a handicap. LMAO
Next round we are gonna make Labbie pick his drivers while wearing a blindfold....lmao
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Knightmare wrote:
Next round we are gonna make Labbie pick his drivers while wearing a blindfold....lmao
I have been doing that in all the other leagues. :smt023

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Weekly reminder to set your picks (givin' you an extra day KM since you claim to be so busy).

Yahoo locks in the wee hours Friday morning for team selections, FoxSports locks at 3 PM EDT Friday.

We're in Michigan this week, Edwards won it in June, Kenseth last year. The Roush boys always seem to run well here, as does Kurt Busch and Newman.

Bill Elliot is the all time leader in wins here with 7, but that was back in his '80s heyday. But was running in the top 15 in June when he got caught up in someone else's mess.

Random thought from The Glen:
Was anyone surprised that a crash between the Shell and Havoline cars would require more cleanup time than the Exxon Valdez? (Mark Auman on NASCAR.com)

Quote of the week from The Glen by Ryan Newman:
"You got a car sideways in the middle of the racetrack, there's not a yellow but if you get a piece of debris, then there is a yellow. I guess a car isn't classified as a piece of debris anymore."

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:03 am

Aww...poor Ryan is whining again.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:21 pm

The race is rescheduled until Monday at noon EDT. Will be aired on ESPN2.

That is, if it isn't raining on Monday, there is a high probability that it will be raining tomorrow too.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlin ... index.html

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Yup. We are looking at rain Monday and Tuesday.

They will be lucky to get the race in at all.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:23 am

According to the link I posted above, if it can't be run this week, it will be rescheduled for the end of the season (November), thus the Chase will not start after Richmond, but after New Hampshire.

Return to “Team Activities”