NASCAR 2009

Anything related to activities for the team.
Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:16 am

I didn't see the race, I went up to Red River to meet some old friends I hadn't seen in 20+ years.

But from what I understand, it was a rain shortened win for Sliced Bread, otherwise known as JoLo (at leat around here).

Also interesting was the fact that Bill Weber was sent home Saturday for "unknown reasons" which is why Ralph Sheheen took control of the booth. Here's TNT's statement:
“Bill Weber will not be part of TNT's NASCAR coverage of the Cup Series from New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend. As this is a private issue, it’s the policy of the company not to discuss personal matters involving our employees.”
:smt017 :smt017 :smt017

In the 3M league, I won the week with a 705, but KM was right on my heels with a 701, Buga was third with a 642.

In the ESPN Draft game, BR won with a 405, Magnum had a 387, Crazy Buga had a 331, Bowman I had a 300, Bowman II had a 278, and WSR had a 256. Same order for the overall.

In the ESPN SCC game, Buga won with a 633, I was second with a 593, and KM third with a 577. Overall for this segment is Buga, then KM, then me.

In the ESPN NW Pick'em Game, Buga beat me 5-4. I have the overall by 5.

At FoxSports, I scratched with a 194, Buga scratched with a ZERO. All four drivers have now been used to their fullest potential of four times Buga, time to make a change. :smt023 Even though I scratched, I moved to within 4 points of first place in the league.

In the NASCAR.com D&P game, Magnum beat Lawless 637 - 535, WSR beat Dead Sled 559 - 452, Crazy beat BR 508 - 505, and one of the dead teams beat the other dead team.

In the NASCAR.com Streak game, WSR had a 220, Magnum had a 168, and nobody else got any points.

At Yahoo, I beat Buga 284 - 228. Buga still holds the overall lead by 57.

At CBS, I beat Buga 603 to 572.

At the TSN 3 for All game, I had a 317, Buga and KM did not participate.

In the TSN Rowdy Pick 3 game, I had a 317, Buga did not participate.

And in the TSN Wix Filter Pick 3 game, I had a 399, Buga and KM did not participate.

This week we return to Daytona for an actual 4th of July Firecracker 400. Daytona Entry List. 45 entered for 43 spots, including Keselowski and Regan Smith.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 am

Yeah, I forgot to change my Fox one in time. TSN though Im having to go thru the find my password BS again. They changed up there pages and I have been using the auto password, So I have only logged in once there. LMAO

Thanxs for the Speedy Updates. I was about to Revoke your Speedologist Lisence. After last week. LMAO

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 am

Buga1 wrote:Yeah, I forgot to change my Fox one in time. TSN though Im having to go thru the find my password BS again. They changed up there pages and I have been using the auto password, So I have only logged in once there. LMAO

Thanxs for the Speedy Updates. I was about to Revoke your Speedologist Lisence. After last week. LMAO

Rick
Well, you do know that if I'm taking too long for your tastes, you can always do the wrap up yourself!!!! :smt005
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 am

OK, I will.........

There was a race. Crash, Rain.

Its over.

LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Get your picks in...strange schedule this week due to it being an impound race and a Saturday night race.

Two practices on Thursday and qualifying at 4 EDT Friday afternoon (both on SPEED), the race is Saturday night at 8 EDT (race start) on TNT, and hours of pre-race on both SPEED and TNT.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:31 am

GET YOUR PICKS IN!!!

Yahoo locks overnight, FoxSport locks..not sure when, I haven't been able to log in for a day now. :smt017

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 am

I had a problem a little while ago at Fox. It seemed like I couldn't log-in. But after the log-in and the broken page, I would use my Favs link and then I was already logged-in.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:59 am

Buga1 wrote:I had a problem a little while ago at Fox. It seemed like I couldn't log-in. But after the log-in and the broken page, I would use my Favs link and then I was already logged-in.

Rick
That worked, but I'd swear I tried that last night and it didn't work then.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 am

I'm too tired to go thru everything tonight, but will tomorrow morning (since I don't have to be anywhere until noon), but a couple of things...

This week is Chicago and qualifying is THURSDAY night!!! Let me make that clear...

**** qualifying is Thursday night ****

...so get your picks in early on Yahoo and FoxSports.

MWR is holding a press conference tomorrow, (most likely) announcing that Mikey is retiring from full-time driving and that Truex will be the driver for the #55 next year with NAPA still on the car.

A judge has lifted Jeremy Mayfield's suspension due to...well, I'm not real sure why, but I'm sure it was a good reason. Expect Mayfield to get tested every time he sets foot at a track. And I mean every time.

If you didn't see TWIN tonight, you should catch the replay at midnight (EDT) or 8 AM tomorrow. A very funny show this week, reminded me of the old Bestwick, Schrader, Waltrip days. Byrnes even mentioned once going to commercial that they'd be back after the break "if we come back", which was a long-standing joke of Bestwick's.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Nope, not going to get a detailed wrapup from me this week, been too busy and too tired.

Everyone won somewhere (even KM :smt023 ).

Foxsports first segment finished, I took the #1 spot there on the last race, winning by 47 points, Buga was 8th 675 back. Buga did win the final week with a 384.

Qualifying is TOMORROW!!! Yahoo locks overnight, FoxSports locks at 8:30 PM EDT, so get your picks in.

The race is Saturday night at Chicago, Entry List here. 46 entered for 43 spots, Awesome Bill is entered and is guaranteed a spot due to the PCP.

As expected, MWR announced Mikey's retirement from full-time racing (he will race in the Daytona 500), Truex will be taking over the car, but it will be re-numbered as the #56, which was the number Truex used until he went down south. His father also ran that number in the Northeast series.

Congrats to Matt and Katie Kenseth: Kaylin Nicola Kenseth was born to Matt and Katie on Monday. It is the couple's first child together. Matt has a son, Ross, from a previous relationship.

Mayfield Update:
Mayfield attorney John Buric scoffed at the idea Mayfield is a potential danger and revealed the driver was tested twice Monday - once at an independent laboratory and once at his home by NASCAR. "He's not a danger, and they have the right to test him anytime to find that out," Buric said. "In fact, they did test him on Monday night at his home. A group of people went to his home and watched him pee in a cup. It was humiliating." NASCAR's appeal did not mention the most recent random test, but spokesman Ramsey Poston confirmed Mayfield was tested Monday evening. But Buric and NASCAR differed on what exactly happened during the seven-plus hours after Mayfield was asked to report for testing. Even though Mayfield has been cleared to race, Buric said he doubted the driver will be in Chicago for this weekend's event. Mayfield has until Thursday afternoon to enter his Mayfield Motorsports' car or find another team owner willing to hire him for the event. "As of right now, he does not have any sponsors, he does not have anyone asking him to drive," Buric said. "His career is all but ruined unless someone gives him a chance. But people are treating him like a pariah. We thought the injunction was an important factor in getting him back on track. As it appears to be turning out, having accomplished that doesn't at all get him what he really wants: getting back in a car going around the track."
So NASCAR isn't even waiting for Jeremy to make it to the track!! :smt023

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Well the seasons about over. Not sure how well Im doing in them. I haven't been able to get into the Sporting news one in months, so I know I sucked there. Others should be close and then others Im sure are Blow-Outs. LOL

Looks like JJ is gonna take the championship again. :smt009 Hes a good driver, but I really would like to see someone else. Id really like to see MM take it. Doubt that will happen, but it would be nice. Hes had a good year. I don't think he has ever won a championship. So that would be cool too.

Rick

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Mark definitely deserves it.

But, if anyone is going to win it, I want it to be a Hendrick driver.

Jimmie taking 4 in a row is just astounding.
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Return to “Team Activities”