NASCAR 2009

Anything related to activities for the team.
Dark Angel
Calm Chaos Militia Commander

NASCAR 2009

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 am

Here you go guys...time to play for the new year...and room to do it. :smt002
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

"As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear,
because I'm the meanest M***** F***** in the whole valley."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:46 am

Dark Angel wrote:Here you go guys...time to play for the new year...and room to do it. :smt002
BAH!!!! The new NASCAR 2009 season only starts during Speedweeks....lol
Looking for the Calm amid all this Chaos[/b]
Air Cold, the blade stops;
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:48 am

Knightmare wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:Here you go guys...time to play for the new year...and room to do it. :smt002
BAH!!!! The new NASCAR 2009 season only starts during Speedweeks....lol
Just getting a jump on the inevitable...LMAO
[img]http://web.mac.com/jkellyphotography/CC_Signature/Media/flash-eyes.gif[/img][img]http://web.me.com/jkellyphotography/Site_2/Blank_13_files/big.2077123.jpg[/img]

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:53 am

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

True. You had to KNOW it was coming.....lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:01 am

Knightmare wrote::smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Like a stock car chasing down those poor little gophers they use...LMAO

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:18 am

Dark Angel wrote:

That's one thing I am definitely NOT looking forward to.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:25 am

Knightmare wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:

That's one thing I am definitely NOT looking forward to.
Ya road kill is always messy...but road kill at 200 mph is nasty

-Gen. George S. Patton

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:26 am

Yeah. Stuff gets EVERYWHERE....lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 am

ESPN's 2009 NASCAR On Air Lineup

And you ain't gonna like it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

If You're Not Outraged, You're Not Paying Attention

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh joy.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Knightmare wrote:Oh Joy.
Thankfully he's still on Fox. :smt023
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Buga1
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Post by Buga1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 am

"O what fun, it is to have, ANOTHER year of crappy announcers." LOL

Your gonna have to get around and get the leagues set up Labbie. Then make a nice list here so I can add them to my Favs and get signed up. I'd help but got many other things going on right now.

Doesn't matter how many you list, I will get into them all. LOL

Rick

Edit. Hey Labbie, I was just looking at your sig. I noticed it wasn't up to date. Maybe munday's just having a problem right now. But I see right now it says your just over 1 million and the team one is just over 15 million. Didn't know if you had noticed, or like I said just a glitch right now while I was viewing.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Buga1 wrote:"O what fun, it is to have, ANOTHER year of crappy announcers." LOL

Your gonna have to get around and get the leagues set up Labbie. Then make a nice list here so I can add them to my Favs and get signed up. I'd help but got many other things going on right now.

Doesn't matter how many you list, I will get into them all. LOL

Rick

Edit. Hey Labbie, I was just looking at your sig. I noticed it wasn't up to date. Maybe munday's just having a problem right now. But I see right now it says your just over 1 million and the team one is just over 15 million. Didn't know if you had noticed, or like I said just a glitch right now while I was viewing.
It's still a little early for the leagues to be ready just yet.

And Mundayweb makes it so you have to update your sig for each projct, and I've been a little lax in that. I should just get rid of those from my sig.

Someday.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:44 pm

From Jayski:
Sadler back in the #19: UPDATES: The Elliott Sadler Saga took another strange twist Thursday. Days after rumors began circulating that Sadler was set to be replaced at Gillett Evernham Motorsports by AJ Allmendinger and the threat of a lawsuit, Sadler will return to the GEM #19 Dodge, multiple sources have confirmed. Sadler's return coincides with the official news that GEM and Petty Holdings had reached a deal to merge.(Fox Sports)(1-9-2008)

AND: When contacted for comment, GEM officials said they hoped to address Sadler's situation in the near future.(NASCAR.com)(1-9-2009)

AND: How about Allmendinger, impressive as a late-season fill-in in GEM's #10, stepping in as Sadler's replacement? I [Tom Bowles] had a good conversation with his agent, Tara Ragan, [Wednesday] that cleared up a few things. Here's the most important one to know: Allmendinger is NOT under contract with GEM, and remains looking for a ride. And according to Ragan, under no circumstances were there any sort of negotiations that revolved around Allmendinger trying to kick Sadler out of his ride. A free agent since being released from Team Red Bull in September, the Dinger's simply been looking for a good fit with several teams, trying to align with one where he can race competitively over the long-term. While GEM was one of those opportunities out there, negotiating with the concept of kicking out a driver like Sadler was never on the mind of someone who just went through a similar experience not too long ago.(Sports Illustrated)(1-9-2009)

UPDATE: Gillett Evernham Motorsports and driver Elliott Sadler have reached an agreement that enables Sadler to retain his position as driver of the team's #19 Dodge, thereby moving AJ Allmendinger to a part-time ride, multiple GEM sources told ESPN.com. It seems Allmendinger will drive a fourth GEM Dodge on a limited basis.(ESPN.com)(1-9-2009)

UPDATE 2: Gillett Evernham Motorsports (GEM) announced that Elliott Sadler will drive the #19 Dodge in the 2009 Sprint Cup season.

Tom Reddin, GEM CEO: "We are a family. Sometimes in a family you have differences. We have resolved all differences. We are moving on and excited about heading to Daytona."
Elliott Sadler: "I want to drive. I'm a racer and that's what I do. We are all on the same page now and I think you will see that show on the track."(GEM PR)(1-9-2009)
Petty & Gillett Evernham Motorsports Announce Agreement To Merge: Gillett Evernham Motorsports (GEM) and Petty Holdings announced an agreement in principle to form a new NASCAR Sprint Cup team co-owned by Richard Petty, Petty Holdings, owned by majority shareholder Boston Ventures, and Gillett Evernham Motorsports. The team will field four Dodge entries in the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Details of the transaction are expected once the deal is closed. Petty and GEM officials anticipate a final agreement by the end of January. Some notes:
* The new team plans to run a fourth Dodge in eight races in the 2009 season including the Budweiser Shootout with additional races contingent on sponsorship.
* Ray Evernham retains a minority ownership role with the new team.
* Richard Petty and Petty Holdings will continue to own and operate the Richard Petty Driving Experience as an independent entity.
* Key Petty employees Robbie Loomis, Dale Inman and Brian Moffitt will also have active roles with the new team.
* The new team will use the GEM race shops in Statesville, N.C. and engine shop in Concord, N.C.
* GEM and Petty sponsors will continue with the new organization.(Gillett Evernham PR)(1-8-2009)
Sorenson will drive #43: Tom Reddin, CEO of Gillett Evernham Motorsports, spoke to Sirius NASCAR Radio's The Morning Drive Friday morning:
David Poole: "Will Reed Sorenson be in the #43 car and, if you make the deal with A.J. [Allmendinger] for the fourth car would that be the #10? Is that the plan?"
Reddin: "Yeah, pre-merger Reed is in the #10 but post-merger Reed will be in the #43 for next year."
Poole: "What's the sponsorship situation on that car?"
Reddin: "We've got the majority of the races sold but we still have some races to sell. So if anybody's out there listening please give us a call. (laughs) But we've got the majority of the races sold and we're going to be announcing a sponsor in a few weeks on that car. And, again, that was the #10 and it will become the #43. And then our fourth car, we're working on the number right now, which number that will be, and we'll probably have an answer on that within a couple of weeks."(Sirius NASCAR PR)(1-10-2009)

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 pm

TV Notes:

The SPEED Report begins their season this Sunday at 7 ET on SPEED.

NASCAR Preseason Thunder begins airing this week at 6 ET on SPEED.

The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction also begins this Sunday, with TV coverage beginning at 7 ET Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The broadcast begins at 2 ET Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona sports car race starts Saturday, Jan. 24th, to kick off the racing season. A large portion of the race will be broadcast on SPEED.

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Anything good, or at least interesting, in the auction this year??

Last year's was severely lacking in Calm Chaos Mobile potential. lol
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Knightmare wrote:Anything good, or at least interesting, in the auction this year??

Last year's was severely lacking in Calm Chaos Mobile potential. lol
I don't know, I haven't looked at the docket yet. I'll post a link to it in the other thread.

But did read that Craig Jackson said there wouldn't be as many "special" entries as some previous years due to the economy.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 am

LMAO would this work KM.

Kool Labbie. I went and checked Fox and Nascars and they seemed ready. Thats about as far as I went though. I figured you would get them all set up then I could just click and join,click and join,click and join. LOL

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Getting the Fantasy Leagues setup, most are still not ready.

Playing is open to all (heh heh heh), if you know anyone that is a fan, pass the info along. They do not need to join Calm Chaos to play with us, but registering here on the forums would probably be handy. :smt023

=================================

CBS

Buddy Group (Calm Chaos) has been set up.

CBS has changed its game this year, it requires weekly input. KM and Buga should have received email invites, if anyone else cares to join us take this link

Link to the new rules for the CBS game.

ESPN is not ready yet due to making upgrades to the site.
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb? ... 0371&lid=4

Foxsports

Same game as the last couple of years, requires input at a maximum of every 4 weeks, weekly input would be best.

Sign up here or just use your favorite from last year, it will transfer your team to this year.

Since this one is usually just me and Buga from here, we'll go with the league I've been in for, wow, I guess four years now, New Mexico NASCAR. It's a public league so just search for it after you sign up.

NASCAR.com

NASCAR.com is not ready for registration on any of their games, I tried to sign up for three different ones here, to no avail.
http://fantasy.nascar.com/

TSN

They're not ready yet but I signed up to be notified when they are. I'm expecting the same full season game (little input required) and a weekly Pick 3 game like last year.

Yahoo

Not ready yet and it sounds like they are changing the game up. Post from Yahoo management:
We will start the new season in it entirety. On a date in the VERY near future. We have had a problem with certain members and are preparing the system to make it full proof. The new system will be much easier to navigate. With lots of new features. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We can not release the date but will tell you it is coming up very soon. And questions will be answered in a timely manner on this thread. When we find time to break away from designing this new system. It is taking all our resources and we are very near completion of this. It will be soon easy to use even switz and crayola will be able to use it. For they are the reason for the delay. We hope you enjoy the 09 season.
Thank you
Management
Yeah, I don't know what "full proof" means either. LOL
The 09 Fantasy Racing League is now here. We have completed the new system. It is loaded with all kinds of new options. Check out our new divisions or drivers. We really mixed up the line up this year. We think it has a little bit more of realistic feel this year. We have added the spin a competitor. If you use Tony Stewart or Kyle or Kunt Busch or Jaun manboya. We are giving you to the option to use 3 spin a competitor chances. If you click spin a competitor and your driver does. Then you will get a 100 point bonus but If you use it and your driver does not spin a competitor you will get a call to the trailer where we will dock your team 100 points. We will also slap you around a bit. Some of you might like that though. So join up now. You will find a link at the end of the rules page to take an IQ test. We did this to prevent the inevitable "why didn't I get any points" Some of the new rules are, use that phrase (why didn't I get any points) and lose 1 week for every time you say it. Thank you for taking the time to read the rules this year. We hope you have as much fun this year as I did messing with you in this post.

Thanks Management

That's the list from last year, if anyone runs across any new ones let us know.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Just noticed that CBS is offering cash prizes this year.

Overall Winner - $2000

Segment Winners - $500 (3 segments this year)

Weekly Winners - $100

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 am

Wow. Cash prizes on a free game?? Nice.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 am

Yates Racing and Hall of Fame Racing make strategic alignment.
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin ... index.html

Bobby Labonte to drive the #96 for HoFR.

Regan Smith signs deal to drive the #78 Furniture Row car in a limited 2009 schedule.

Sadler finally speaks.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:39 am

From Jayski:
Gilliland out? David Gilliland appears to be the odd man out at Yates Racing, where the team says it will field three cars following its new partnership agreement with Hall of Fame Racing. Along with Paul Menard’s #98 [which supposedly would get the owners points from the #38] and Bobby Labonte’s #96, Travis Kvapil’s #28 team is expected to remain while Gilliland and the #38 appear to be out. “I just heard of the thing today, from the Internet, so that’s what I assume,” Gilliland said Wednesday afternoon. “I haven’t actually had a sit-down with them, but I’m still under contract with them through 2009. So we’re just going to have to work through it, and hopefully, we can get something else going.” Gilliland said he’s sorting through the contract and seeing what he’s able to do and what the next step could be, but he understands that the current economic climate makes it tough. He was “a little bit” shocked that he is now likely without a ride just a few weeks before the Daytona 500 and the start of the new Sprint Cup season. “It’s just kind of a bummer that it’s this late in the [offseason], you know?” he said. “We’ll just have to see what we can come up with and see what we can try and do.”(SceneDaily)(1-15-2009)
Hendrick drivers to pop up on Kellogg's breakfast pastry: Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are coming to a breakfast aisle near you during the 2009 Sprint Cup season. The Hendrick Motorsports drivers will be featured on Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavored Limited Edition NASCAR Printed-Fun Pop-Tarts. In addition to the drivers, the team paint schemes and hauler designs will be printed on the individual Pop-Tarts pastries, which are Kellogg's most popular morning food product. The limited edition Pop-Tarts also will include NASCAR, Hendrick Motorsports and driver trivia questions. The Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavored Limited Edition NASCAR Printed-Fun Pop-Tarts will be available throughout the 2009 Sprint Cup Series season at major retail outlets nationwide.(Hendrick Motorsports PR) Martin is scheduled to run special Pop Tart's paint schemes at Las Vegas, Bristol in Aug, Richmond in Sept and Charlotte in Oct.(1-15-2009)

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:43 pm

The TSN Weekly 3 For All Stockcar: Season 1 game is set up and ready to go.

The league is named "Calm Chaos" and is public so no password needed.

Go here to create your team.

Buga, you should get an email.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 am

The NASCAR.com Draft & Play league is set up and ready to go. KM & Buga, you should have received emails announcing this with links.

Anyone else that wants to take part, PM me with your email address and I'll get the invite to you.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:15 am

Knightmare
Keeper of the Calm

Post by Knightmare » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 am

Labbie wrote:The NASCAR.com Draft & Play league is set up and ready to go. KM & Buga, you should have received emails announcing this with links.

Anyone else that wants to take part, PM me with your email address and I'll get the invite to you.
Which email addy of mine did you use, Labbie??

I don't remember getting anything.
from silent stone,
Death is preordained

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Knightmare wrote:
Labbie wrote:The NASCAR.com Draft & Play league is set up and ready to go. KM & Buga, you should have received emails announcing this with links.

Which email addy of mine did you use, Labbie??

I don't remember getting anything.
The Yahoo one.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Just sent invites to Buga and KM for the CBS game. Buga's went to your Excite addy, KM's to your CalmChaosOnline addy.

ESPN has apparently changed their game, but I haven't really looked at the rules yet, so I'm not really sure. Here is a link to the league page. If it doesn't work, the league name is Calm Chaos and it is a public league, no password needed.

Another game from TSN (weekly input needed) from TSN: http://www.sportingnews.com/games/stock ... 3/home.php (Buga should have received an email) - League name Calm Chaos; Public league, just search for it.

Yahoo game is now ready, click here for main sign up page. League (private) name is Calm Chaos, password is "calm" (no quotes).

Give me a couple of more days to go thru them all again, I've confuzzled myself right now from using last year's favorites to try to get to this year's game. :smt017

If you have any questions or concerns, either post here or send me a PM.

The games are open to everyone, NASCAR knowledge not a real requirement, 'cause once I get a really good lead over you I'll give you suggestions. :smt023

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Update to the Yahoo game above, instead of searching for the league name (Calm Chaos) you must use the league ID number.
You have created the Private Group called Calm Chaos and entered the team called Wayward Son Racing in that group. To allow other people to join this group, send them the Group ID# (11341) and the Password (calm). Remember, it is the Group ID#, not the group name, that other people must use to join your group.

Buga1

Post by Buga1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 am

I Think I have gotten back into them all. If you notice Im not in one somewhere, let me know. Some of the ones with emails didn't come though. Slowly dropping my excite addy, since emails from many places no longer seem to come through there.

Rick

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Buga1 wrote:I Think I have gotten back into them all. If you notice Im not in one somewhere, let me know. Some of the ones with emails didn't come though. Slowly dropping my excite addy, since emails from many places no longer seem to come through there.

Rick
Then you should change the email you registered on those sites. They all seem to be the Excite one.

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 am

Dirt Racing Legend Blaney Dead

HARTFORD - Fans of area dirt auto racing lost what many describe as one of the finest Sunday when Lewis Blaney, 69, died following complications from a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's disease.

No other racers knew more about the man, who was considered a legend behind the wheel of sprint cars during his prime, than his sons, Dave and Dale. Watching their father as boys growing up in Hartford, there was never a doubt that racing would be a part of their lives.

"I've raced and seen everyone from Dale Earnhardt to Tony Stewart. I've always said that he was the real deal,'' race car driver Dave Blaney said Monday evening. "He had opportunities in the '70s and '80s to (move up the ranks), but he didn't do it. He had a (lumber) business he was taking care of.''

Kate Blaney, Lou's wife, liked to say that his sons referred to their father as ''the man.'' Family trips, as Dale said, were built around dad's racing, and the thrill of the sport was ingrained in them at a young age. There was never a doubt that they would have careers in racing.

''I don't think you can really put into words what he meant to us,'' said son Dale Blaney. "Dave and I felt exactly the same way about him. He taught us everything we know about racing by watching him race. He was my hero. He was my hero on the race track and off. I pretty much try to pattern what I do after him.

''He was the cleanest, most-aggressive racer out there. He never hit anyone to pass, and if he did he might let the guy by him. Dave and I both race the same way.''

Dave and Dale, who played on the Badger High School basketball team that went to the Class A20 state tournament in 1981, raced sprint cars early in their careers. Dale went on to star in basketball at West Virginia University, while Dave pursued a racing career that led to a long run on NASCAR's Cup circuit.

Along the way, both sons listened to whatever advice Lou would give. A man of few words, there wasn't much he would say other than to simply let them know he was supportive.

''That's the way we knew him,'' Dave said. ''There weren't many long talks. That was the way he was with everybody.''

Dale got his basketball skills from Lou, who scored more than 1,000 points during his career at Hartford High School. Lou never told Dale how to play basketball. He figured if Dale needed advice, he'd seek it.

''All the years that I played basketball, he never said one word about what I should or shouldn't do or advise me on how to play the game,'' Dale said. ''If I asked him a question, he would answer it. I learned from him by watching.''

Lou and Kate met shortly after Kate graduated from college, and she married into a racing family in 1960. They raised two sons knowing that it was likely both would catch the racing bug and chase it at some point in time.

''He was a wonderful man,'' Kate said. ''Laughingly, I said I was third in his life after the lumber business and racing.''

Kate dealt with the difficult task of admitting Lou into a nursing home last Wednesday. He suffered multiple seizures shortly thereafter before succumbing.

''We feel all the blessing in that he has gone home with The Lord because it wasn't the way he wanted to live the last few years,'' Kate said. ''The real Lou Blaney is in heaven. We didn't have the real Lou Blaney the last few years.''

Lou left behind a legendary career that included at least 600 wins. His racing exploits will be talked about for years to come, even though he probably doesn't want anyone to remember him for anything other than being a loving husband, father and grandfather.

''He's been a quiet legend who didn't want any accolades,'' Kate said. ''We didn't keep track of his wins or the trophies he won because that wasn't what it was all about for him.''

Lou's life can be summed up in the way any father of sons would want it to be.

''He was always 'the man' for Dave and Dale, and he was so important in their lives,'' Kate said. ''He will be sorely missed.''

Labbie
Calm Chaos Speedologist

Post by Labbie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 am

18 Days, 16 Hours, 45 Minutes until the green flag.

Return to “Team Activities”